What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
BendPak is a great lift. I am certain that you will get a lifetime of trouble-free use from it. I have had mine for over 20 years and never a problem.
Well, I'm kinda pissed. When did BendPak start being made in China? I guess we'll see how this one does>

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
sewer line action today with the U-27. was supposed to be 5 feet deep....well, I used all that the little U-27 had and was definitely down 9.5 feet! Fortunately, the soil was conducive and I dug some fairly deep benches. All in all it went fine.

dig:

View attachment 108140

Pipe:

View attachment 108141

View attachment 108142

View attachment 108143

backfill:

View attachment 108145

View attachment 108146

View attachment 108147

Tomorrow, we are heading around the corner to this clients dad's place to replace his line as well. I'm told I'll be digging a little over 10 feet plus up at the curb. We have a rented KX080 mule showing up for that one...but I'm bringing the B2650 to assist with the backfill (supposed to be 90 plus degrees). It was hot enough today at about 90 as well.

I think if I get time left at the end of the day, I'll pop over to this job and give it a touch up with the box blade as well.

It was a long 14 hour day and I'm recovering with an ice cold T-N-T as a type this. It's starting to hit now. 🍹 :p
Hey Dirty! How about the price of that 4" pvc! Its through the roof!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Well, I'm kinda pissed. When did BendPak start being made in China? I guess we'll see how this one does>
Probably sometime in the early 1990s they built a manufacturing plant in China. All of the lifts that I have from them were made in China, however, I don't know what the present situation in China is, since a lot has changed over there. I do know that the facility was run by Americans that were responsible for quality control in China. Like many items coming from China, some are good quality, and others are just plain junk. A lot of our pharmaceuticals are now made in China, and like it or not, China controls many pharmaceutical ingredients today. I don't want to get into the discussion of the politics of China for obvious reasons.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Probably sometime in the early 1990s they built a manufacturing plant in China. All of the lifts that I have from them were made in China, however, I don't know what the present situation in China is, since a lot has changed over there. I do know that the facility was run by Americans that were responsible for quality control in China. Like many items coming from China, some are good quality, and others are just plain junk. A lot of our pharmaceuticals are now made in China, and like it or not, China controls many pharmaceutical ingredients today. I don't want to get into the discussion of the politics of China for obvious reasons.
Companies in China, with US supervision on site, do produce good products.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’m on my 2nd bend pak lift at work… have bent both of the longer rear arms (asymmetrical) on both lifts (10,000 lbs rated) and the biggest thing that goes on them are expeditions/navigators/f150s….

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
today's festivities...90+ degrees, 10 feet plus down with rented mule (KX-080 with 30" bucket). These machines are capable of moving quite a bit of dirt. We had one heck of a pile...

I'm not going to provide much detail here as it's pretty much the same story. Homeowner hired a handyman years ago to install a new basement bath and repair the house trap. Ha. Shoddy workmanship and the homeowner had a rain leader from the driveway dump water pretty much on top the the house trap. That's a recipe for disaster. You can see where we extended the rain leader discharge past the trap in the last pic (4" pvc on right side of pic).

dig
H4-MUS465-3.JPG

H4-MUS465-4.JPG

Backfill - major assist from B2650 and box blade (not pictured, unfortunately). It was too hot, I was too tired that I just forgot to get a decent pic with the tractor...but it really did take the cleanup from a total mess to tolerable.

H4-MUS465-10.JPG

Done. Well I had to call it done.

H4-MUS465-12.JPG

H4-MUS465-9.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
today's festivities...90+ degrees, 10 feet plus down with rented mule (KX-080 with 30" bucket). These machines are capable of moving quite a bit of dirt. We had one heck of a pile...

I'm not going to provide much detail here as it's pretty much the same story. Homeowner hired a handyman years ago to install a new basement bath and repair the house trap. Ha. Shoddy workmanship and the homeowner had a rain leader from the driveway dump water pretty much on top the the house trap. That's a recipe for disaster. You can see where we extended the rain leader discharge past the trap in the last pic (4" pvc on right side of pic).

dig
View attachment 108203

View attachment 108204

Backfill - major assist from B2650 and box blade (not pictured, unfortunately). It was too hot, I was too tired that I just forgot to get a decent pic with the tractor...but it really did take the cleanup from a total mess to tolerable.

View attachment 108205

View attachment 108206

View attachment 108207
What does a job like this cost the homeowner?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

dig
View attachment 108203

View attachment 108204

Great job as usual. I've noticed that the bulk of your work involves digging to depths of about 6'

Is that because of some 'code' that the plumbing is that deep? (below frost line or something)? Everything is much closer to the surface where I live.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Great job as usual. I've noticed that the bulk of your work involves digging to depths of about 6'

Is that because of some 'code' that the plumbing is that deep? (below frost line or something)? Everything is much closer to the surface where I live.
Does the ground ever really freeze in East Texas?
Some parts of the USA require that piping be lower than 6'.
Under a driven over area, must be even deeper.
Vehicular traffic drives frost down!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
What does a job like this cost the homeowner?
This was a little over 8K. Wednesday was almost 10K (2-day job) with one day of inside work for two plumbers as well. Estimators are good at trying to get the work covered by home owners insurance but that doesn't always work.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

No, it's really the luck of the draw. Most of the sewer line jobs are deeper because they are connected to a municipal sewer system. It really depends on where the line exits the dwelling (floor or wall). The difference here is that just about everyone here has a basement unlike in the south. There are some repairs need for conventional septic systems, but that isn't the norm.

Water service (municipal supply) require a 3 foot minimal depth (frost).

Reactions: 1 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Picked up a ssqa receiver to move my trailer around alongside my house without the pain of having to use my truck. I can back it in with a little effort but it'll be so much easier with a small tractor. View attachment 108045
Ok now weld a QH on it and you can move 3PH attachments easily. I had my fab shop add about 2" at the bottom so I have longer motion range. There are plenty of threads on this here on OTT.

1690557595927.png

I go backwards and rake leaves with the 3PH harrow.

1690557806802.png

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
sewer line action today with the U-27. was supposed to be 5 feet deep....well, I used all that the little U-27 had and was definitely down 9.5 feet! Fortunately, the soil was conducive and I dug some fairly deep benches. All in all it went fine.

dig:

View attachment 108140

Pipe:

View attachment 108141

View attachment 108142

View attachment 108143

backfill:

View attachment 108145

View attachment 108146

View attachment 108147

Tomorrow, we are heading around the corner to this clients dad's place to replace his line as well. I'm told I'll be digging a little over 10 feet plus up at the curb. We have a rented KX080 mule showing up for that one...but I'm bringing the B2650 to assist with the backfill (supposed to be 90 plus degrees). It was hot enough today at about 90 as well.

I think if I get time left at the end of the day, I'll pop over to this job and give it a touch up with the box blade as well.

It was a long 14 hour day and I'm recovering with an ice cold T-N-T as a type this. It's starting to hit now. 🍹 :p
I'm gonna plead ignorance here and ask why three standpipes at the house. Go easy on me, because that's just not something I see done around here. I've noticed that on all your work. Is that for two separate cleanouts that will allow inserting a snake in both directions, plus some kind of vent in between? I would think the LAST thing you'd want that close to the house is a vent. Why 3, and not just 2? Is that something that is required by code in your area? Around here, you're lucky to see ONE clean-out outside near the house, and luckier still if it isn't buried. There's usually one inside where the line comes out of the house, which is apparently good enough for the codes of the time when this house was built. Is that something of your own design that gets repeat customers/work? A side view of the whole thing would be interesting to see. Is that a series of Y-T-Y fittings? I can grasp why two Y's (directing a cleanout snake), but not sure what the T in the middle would be for.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'm gonna plead ignorance here and ask why three standpipes at the house. Go easy on me, because that's just not something I see done around here. I've noticed that on all your work. Is that for two separate cleanouts that will allow inserting a snake in both directions, plus some kind of vent in between? I would think the LAST thing you'd want that close to the house is a vent. Why 3, and not just 2? Is that something that is required by code in your area? Around here, you're lucky to see ONE clean-out outside near the house, and luckier still if it isn't buried. There's usually one inside where the line comes out of the house, which is apparently good enough for the codes of the time when this house was built. Is that something of your own design that gets repeat customers/work? A side view of the whole thing would be interesting to see. Is that a series of Y-T-Y fittings? I can grasp why two Y's (directing a cleanout snake), but not sure what the T in the middle would be for.
It's code. This allows for clean out to be accessed from outside the home. The riser closest to the wall is the vent. The vent pipe is supposed to be at least 12" higher than the cleanouts. You can see the last cleanout in this case is a routing wye (not a 2 way cleanout). Also, the trap is not the same on both sides, inlet side has a bit more restriction than the outlet side (hard in - easy out).

edit: and no "Tees" ever in the trap.

House trap.JPG

side view:

house trap side view.JPG

Then, we do add some 2 way cleanouts occasionally down the line after a significant change in direction.

You're probably used to seeing the 3" cast iron 2-hole traps. Those are a real pita to get a snake thru.

here's a pic of the one we replaced yesterday...it was a handy man special...they used Tees, unreinforced fernco bands, and the lack of stone bedding was the death nail. The left side was the inlet, right side outlet. You can see how it sunk on the right side because their was no stone base (and there was a rain leader draining into the whole area).

old trap.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
It's code. This allows for clean out to be accessed from outside the home. The riser closest to the wall is the vent. The vent pipe is supposed to be at least 12" higher than the cleanouts. You can see the last cleanout in this case is a routing wye (not a 2 way cleanout). Also, the trap is not the same on both sides, inlet side has a bit more restriction than the outlet side (hard in - easy out).

View attachment 108239

side view:

View attachment 108241

Then, we do add some 2 way cleanouts occasionally down the line after a significant change in direction.

You're probably used to seeing the 3" cast iron 2-hole traps. Those are a real pita to get a snake thru.

here's a pic of the one we replaced yesterday...it was a handy man special...they used Tees, unreinforced fernco bands, and the lack of stone bedding was the death nail. The left side was the inlet, right side outlet. You can see how it sunk on the right side because their was no stone base (and there was a rain leader draining into the whole area).

View attachment 108242
The trap is what I couldn’t see. Normally in this part of the world, the vent ties into the subfloor header and goes out through the roof. No trap (that I know about). Probably is on no-basement houses. Code might be considerably different for new construction, though Inspection here is rolling a 3” ball in the header end and waiting for it to hit the main sewer, or even something simpler if you have the right color pocket change. The inspector just wanted to see the plumbing with the water turned on when I built my shop.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

View attachment 108239

side view:

View attachment 108241

View attachment 108242
Different requirements for different soil conditions.
No clay/mud here.....just pure sand.
No stone base required.
Compacted sand does not settle.

No trap here either, just basement T-Y cleanout, and vented through roof,.... per Old_Paint above.
New rules may be different?

Last edited: