What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BA76

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5400 Tractor, RB3784 Rear Blade, RCF2072 Brush Mower, FDR1672 Finish Mower
Dec 21, 2020
Illinois
It seems like every hobby I'm involved in contains a requisite number of 'old farts', myself included. What does that say?
I think it says we’ve worked hard most of our lives, now it’s time to play a little. 👍🏼

Reactions: 3 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I completed the hyd top link installation in conjunction with the rear-hydraulics I did a week or so ago.
I ordered the top link from AgriSupply as well as hoses. Despite my note in the “special instructions” box of the order-form... they shipped FedEx instead of my request to use UPS.... which meant it’d be very unlikely I’d ever see the product at all. (I have horrible experiences with FedEx out here...if I get the pkg at all it’s likely because I noticed it thrown over the fence before I mowed over it or my neighbor calls to say they’ve rec’d it in error. When it doesn’t show up at all FedEx refuses to honor the shipping insurance claiming their ”proof of delivery” is their contracted delivery-service’s claim they delivered it. Pure B.S.)
So! ... I ended up with a pink-slip in my highway mailbox from the Post Office that FedEx has delivered to them via FedEx-Post! This means I had to drive miles ...AND ONLY during this rural P.O. Hours-of-Operation to retrieve my pkg.
Not good AgriSupply if you’re reading this.
The hoses I ordered in conjunction with the toplink were troublesome. Instead of 1/2” NPT male ends which would fit common Pioneer quick-fittings.... the hoses were terminated in 1/2” British PT ... which I presume was purposed to force a customer to order special fittings from AgriSupply to fit to Pioneer receptacles.
I refused to do that and bought BSP-to-NPT adaptors from Amazon because I already had the Pioneer fittings and wanted to stay with those commonly-available products. So instead of what was promised to be a 2 or 3 day wait ... it turned into a 3 week project.
Finally got my Xmas-gift-to-myself hydraulic toplink installed and operational.

Reactions: 1 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
...if I get the pkg at all it’s likely because I noticed it thrown over the fence before I mowed over it or my neighbor calls to say they’ve rec’d it in error
Can't stop laughing... Thats my experience as well out in the country.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
... they shipped FedEx instead of my request to use UPS.... which meant it’d be very unlikely I’d ever see the product at all...
Maybe it is personal Geo? They do successfully deliver over 16 MILLION packages a day. That is DELIVER over 16 million EVERY day.

One of my sons worked part time for FedEx when he was in school. I remember picking up the employee handbook and reading through it.

On the first page in size 72 point type was this,

99% SUCKS!
Why we strive for 100% on-time every time.
If 99% were OK more than 700 babies would be given to the wrong parents each day.
If 99% were OK, hundreds of thousands of flights yearly would end in disaster.....

It went on and on, a full page of numbers around 99%.

So it is not the corporate culture at FedEx for sure, maybe it is just personal.

captain.magnus

Equipment
L4600HD
Nov 12, 2020
NSW, Australia
Which AugerTorque model do you have? I was considering buying the 1100 -13 series which is a "low flow" 5-13 GPM i think 2601 is around 7-8.
I have a new L4600 (Australian version, not to be confused with the discontinued US version). It also does around 7-8gpm. Bought the X1500 which needs between 5-11gpm (see https://www.augertorque.com.au/product/earth-drill-range-mini-excavators-750kg-to-3t/ )

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Maybe it is personal Geo? They do successfully deliver over 16 MILLION packages a day. That is DELIVER over 16 million EVERY day.

One of my sons worked part time for FedEx when he was in school. I remember picking up the employee handbook and reading through it.

On the first page in size 72 point type was this,

99% SUCKS!
Why we strive for 100% on-time every time.
If 99% were OK more than 700 babies would be given to the wrong parents each day.
If 99% were OK, hundreds of thousands of flights yearly would end in disaster.....

It went on and on, a full page of numbers around 99%.

So it is not the corporate culture at FedEx for sure, maybe it is just personal.
Well Dog, I realize that YOU have a personal problem with me for stoopid reasons but FedEx USED to have a good reputation with me since I have friends and co-horts who virtually FOUNDED the place.
But for FedEx to accept INSURANCE money for a shipment.... then DENY coverage when a sub-contractor performs poorly or dishonestly... is nothing short of typical of some of the rip-offs which are becoming so commonplace these days.

FedEx ... in their website... provides a link to request “Proof of Delivery”.... but in actual fact, they simply repeated that their “delivery person” SAID he delivered.... and THAT WAS THAT. FedEx refuses to investigate further despite multiple customer’s-requests and despite Numerous examples and documented HISTORY of such failures in my zipcode. Dog, I suspect your friends at FedEx are sleeping with the delivery-boy. The friends I have there are as appalled as I am.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Sleeping with the delivery boy brings up a true story.
Had a problem with UPS not delivering to my address in Utopia. Had to drive to town to the general store, pick through a pile of packages to find mine. Did this twice, then called UPS to complain. Girl called back and said reason no delivery was driver couldn't find my place, but she would straighten it out. Talked to the owner of the general store and he said dumping packages at his store was getting old.
Finally called the main office explained what had been happening for months.
Month or so later new driver pulls up at my gate with a package so I asked him what had happened. Come to find out the driver was dumping outlying packages at the store, heading back to the distribution center 50 miles away in Uvalde and hooking up with the lady I'd been complaining to all that time. She'd been covering for him all that time. Both got fired, never had a problem since.
Both UPS and Fedex are great up there. If the weather looks bad, they put the package in a plastic bag and place it over the gate, not like they are shooting a 3 pointer.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Well Dog, I realize that YOU have a personal problem with me for stoopid reasons but FedEx USED to have a good reputation with me since I have friends and co-horts who virtually FOUNDED the place.
But for FedEx to accept INSURANCE money for a shipment.... then DENY coverage when a sub-contractor performs poorly or dishonestly... is nothing short of typical of some of the rip-offs which are becoming so commonplace these days.

FedEx ... in their website... provides a link to request “Proof of Delivery”.... but in actual fact, they simply repeated that their “delivery person” SAID he delivered.... and THAT WAS THAT. FedEx refuses to investigate further despite multiple customer’s-requests and despite Numerous examples and documented HISTORY of such failures in my zipcode. Dog, I suspect your friends at FedEx are sleeping with the delivery-boy. The friends I have there are as appalled as I am.
And again, the terrible service you speak of ISN'T reality. They DO deliver over 16 MILLION packages a day. EVERY day.

For you to have such atrocious service 100 percent of the time just goes against every math equation that can be summed up.

Based on how you deal with people, my guess would be it is personal. Have you called any of the drivers Natzie's? That was the main reason for my dislike of you. That and many other names you throw out there. But stupidly calling someone a Natzie could do it for sure.

Last edited:

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Probly gonna start something here but sounds like the delivery guy was getting 100 percent but he better hope she wasn't only 99 percent of the time on her birth control lmao. And some people like to settle for 99 percent cause they dont want people to expect 100 percent every time lmao have a great day guys😂😂😂😂😄😄😉😎

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
And again, the terrible service you speak of ISN'T reality. They DO deliver over 16 MILLION packaged a day. EVERY day.

For you to have such atrocious service 100 percent of the time just goes against every math equation that can be summed up.

Based on how you deal with people, my guess would be it is personal. Have you called any of the drivers Natzie's? That was the main reason for my dislike of you. That and many other names you throw out there. But stupidly calling someone a Natzie could do it for sure.
Dog, Where and When did I call anyone “Natzie’s”. ...???? Or other such obnoxious names.
Quote me if you can.

The contractors out here are different guys/gals on different days. I have no personal contact with ANY of them. THAT IS THE PROBLEM ...they simply don’t drive up to my front door like UPS, Amazon, and every other freight-hauler does by simply using Google Map!
There are some very rare instances where a Genuine FedEx truck/employee makes a delivery out here correctly. I don’t think I said 100% of the time.... (if I did, feel free to quote that as well,,,, however almost Every Time a FedEx contractor is used the shipment will be mishandled)... But if I WERE to place a number on it, I’d put something on the order of 80% of all shipments handled by FedEx are mishandled out here. I am NOT hard to find. My physical address entered into MapQuest, Google, etc will bring you right into my front yard. The genuine FedEx guys who only rarely make deliveries out here (instead of contractors) don’t question my accusations. THEY make such reports to their supervisors. It makes no difference at all. FedEX gets the blame for sorry service.
The U.S. Post Office is 99% better if that makes any sense to anyone. Priority Mail ALWAYS works.
UPS ALWAYS WORKS. Fed Ex SUCKS.

Dog...if you make any more nasty accusations about me then please be so kind as to quote me instead of making sheit up.

Last edited:

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Feels like a Washington DC debate...guys chill a bit. I worked for usps and ups at a point they all suck and yes sometimes it's the driver sometimes it's the distribution centers and some times it's just that time, technology and sometimes it's the bad day you had or the boss. but the thing is we are allnon this crappy planet and need to work together not always point the finger own up to crap. But what ever the issue lean to try to be considerate and kind and suffer through cause we all have an effect on someone good or bad. We have to live with that

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Dog...if you make any more nasty accusations about me then please be so kind as to quote me instead of making sheit up.
I didn't make ANY nasty accusations about you, sometimes the truth just hurts. You just don't like being called out on it. And I am pretty sure the admins never censored or deleted the posts you made. I had several PM's from people that couldn't believe the admins didn't delete it.

Spending time on Geo, Hmmmmmm, I'd rather go look at Mahindra tractors.

And as far as FedEx goes, again, I believe it is personal.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I didn't make ANY nasty accusations about you, sometimes the truth just hurts. You just don't like being called out on it. And I am pretty sure the admins never censored or deleted the posts you made. I had several PM's from people that couldn't believe the admins didn't delete it.

Spending time on Geo, Hmmmmmm, I'd rather go look at Mahindra tractors.

And as far as FedEx goes, again, I believe it is personal.

Edit:
....Have you called any of the drivers Natzie's? That was the main reason for my dislike of you. That and many other names you throw out there. But stupidly calling someone a Natzie could do it for sure.
QUOTE ME! Or be exposed as dishonorable for making up such sheit.

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
This time of year, I don't get to do much with the tractor. Snow removal for the most part.

Fortunately my buddy with the fence company is still trying to catch up to last years material shortages so I'm still drilling holes.

winter-drilling.jpg

snow5.jpg

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
When I lived in CA, UPS would screw up over half of their deliveries, to a suburban tract home. FedEx got it right every time.

When I moved to NC, no problems, until I moved to a rural community. Once the driver found out I was a member of the FD, he started delivering all my packages to the Chief's house (I live on a mile-long dirt road, Chief lived on the highway). I finally complained to corporate and started getting deliveries at my mailbox - but not at the house.

When that driver quit, the new driver started delivering to my porch, and got my phone number so that when the road was difficult (usually due to heavy rain) he would call me to pick up in person at the end of the road.

Never had a problem with FedEx.

Given my experiences, I have to conclude that sometimes you just get crappy drivers assigned to an area.

Reactions: 2 users