What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Bucket as a trash hauler yesterday - was cleaning up some construction debris for a gym, so I put the bucket just outside the window and threw everything out the window. NOT something I ever thought I would be doing with it when I bought it, but hey, it works!

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
This time of year, I don't get to do much with the tractor. Snow removal for the most part.

Fortunately my buddy with the fence company is still trying to catch up to last years material shortages so I'm still drilling holes.

View attachment 53378

View attachment 53379
Is that your Auger Torque unit? I assume you use the center clips for the mixer? That's a slick project! You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the cradle and mixer setup, would you? How many RPM do you have while drilling? Do you throttle back for mixing? Did you get your remote dump working?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Moved both out of the garage to get to my camping gear. If it wasn’t frozen out, I’d hook up the blade and drag the driveway to fill some holes. Heading out to go camping tomorrow so maybe next week after work if it warms up

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Is that your Auger Torque unit? I assume you use the center clips for the mixer? That's a slick project! You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the cradle and mixer setup, would you? How many RPM do you have while drilling? Do you throttle back for mixing? Did you get your remote dump working?
Sure did.

PM Sent.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
This time of year, I don't get to do much with the tractor. Snow removal for the most part.

Fortunately my buddy with the fence company is still trying to catch up to last years material shortages so I'm still drilling holes.

View attachment 53378

View attachment 53379
Keep posting them picks your gonna have me sold on one.. I have a lot of Fence to build yet. Or you may have to bring that to northern vt to drill some for me lmao!!🤣🤣🤣🤣😉😉😂😂

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Given my experiences, I have to conclude that sometimes you just get crappy drivers assigned to an area.
[/QUOTE]

Everyone has their own experience and mine is that the route driver for Fedex as well as the USPS relief drivers during the holidays often didnt give a hoot about getting my packages delivered, while the UPS driver would follow my delivery request to carry the package around and drop on the back patio!

The front line delivery person that interacts with the customer makes the company!!

After working for a service company for 30 years, :)I appreciate the people that provide that little extra service that forms the customer service opinion of a company.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
The RTV is alive - new starter is on - local lift truck mechanic has a source and cost me under $200CDN to get one in 24hrs.

Now that it is running - here's the bad: it may have a knock; I don't think it's the typical diesel engine sound. I have fresh Rotella in the engine. I should have know when I cleaned out the box and found a can of ether. Only ran it for a few minutes last night, so hoping it just my internal confirmation bias after finding the ether can and maybe tonight I'll have a chance to run it some more and figure it out for sure.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Now that it is running - here's the bad: it may have a knock; I don't think it's the typical diesel engine sound.
Geez - - Here's hoping for the best!

Hopefully that can of ether was just misplaced...

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Keep posting them picks your gonna have me sold on one.. I have a lot of Fence to build yet. Or you may have to bring that to northern vt to drill some for me lmao!!🤣🤣🤣🤣😉😉😂😂
Right on. I do love Northern Vermont, all of Vermont actually. I get up to Pittsburg, NH several times a year and we regularly go in and out of VT. My wifes family is from the Vergennes area.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Geez - - Here's hoping for the best!

Hopefully that can of ether was just misplaced...
This weekend I will try to rule out the injectors as the cause. After 2600hrs it may be time for new or rebuilt injectors?

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
Right on. I do love Northern Vermont, all of Vermont actually. I get up to Pittsburg, NH several times a year and we regularly go in and out of VT. My wifes family is from the Vergennes area.
I love that whole area too. I went up to Pittsburg in November to hunt partridges with my dogs. We had a great time. I went hiking with a gal last weekend, she lived in Colebrook as a teen and her parents still live there.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Greased everything and it's t-minus 9 hours till the 50 hour service. Pushed and blew some snow away from the house since the weatherman says it's supposed to rain and then freeze again.

Reactions: 1 users

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
I installed some LED ROPS lights today. Two in the front and one in the rear. We got about 4 inches of heavy slop so I ran the snowblower for a while.

20210116_161412.jpg
20210116_161405.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Thought I'd broken something, maybe a hydraulic hose, a valve, couldn't figure it out today while working out back 1/4 mile in the forest pushing bush with the forks for a logging trail.

Suddenly the 3-point would not raise the box scraper.

And the loader would barely raise the forks a few feet off the ground. The forks curled up but had no power downward. Once the loader crept to a few feet up, it wouldn't lower until the lever got pushed forward to float position.

it was near sunset but still plenty light enough to see that there were no broken lines or linkages, the hydraulic fluid level was fine, the transmission performed as always, and no bad engine or pump noises or smells that I could discern.

At least I could raise the loader and it stayed there, so I disconnected 3-point from the box scraper and wangled my way out from in front of it with some help from 4wd, diff lock and the ROPS pushing aside bush as I backed out to hopefully get home! A friggin tight spot it was, too. These B50s are VERY maneuverable!

I was chiding myself for actually having been thinking earlier how great and trouble-free my Kubota has been. Now felt like I may be needing something repaired at the shop! Should know better... prob forgot to knock on some wood.

SO.

Got home, ran fine all the way, put in shed and checked it all over again. Found no leaks. Still misbehaving, a practically useless loader and a dead 3-point. Ugh. So zeroed in on the hydraulic power return line that is used for the backhoe, as a bad line would create similar havoc I thought.

Went to remove the top line connector and it pulled out without touching the lock sleeve! It was sitting in an open position barely 1/8" from locked closed, and looked just fine in the field.

A stick pushed the lock sleeve enough to release the connector and seal the lines.

Check out the 2 photos. One is loose and all described above hell breaks loose. The other is locked and working. Really easy to miss!!

IMG_20210116_180758117.jpg IMG_20210116_180836082.jpg

I snapped it back in, all is working fine now. WHEW. I envisaged damaging something running without that hose connected. It seems I've seen warnings to NOT do that. But 1/2 mile trail run back later and this machine seems to have completely shrugged it off.

Maybe thinking again how great and trouble-free my Kubota has been. Knock on wood.

So another connector that's vulnerable to bush abuse. Have to come up with something to prevent that again if possible, but now at least know what the 'bota does when there's no line connection there!

Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I had one to come loose. Maybe I didn't get it seated, maybe there was a bit of trash, maybe......

Sometime we never know.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I had one to come loose. Maybe I didn't get it seated, maybe there was a bit of trash, maybe......

Sometime we never know.
All was full power to the 3-point to the point of disconnect. I was working the box blade hard bulldozing backwards through root clumps to flatten them out a bit. It was a stick pushing the sleeve down while I backed back over it after flattening it.

Sometime we never know.
Maybe.

All was full power to the 3-point to the point of disconnect. I was working the box blade hard bulldozing backwards through bush root clumps to flatten them out a bit. It was a stick pushing the sleeve down while I backed back over it. I am in the habit of tugging at just-connected hydraulic hoses to keep them honest.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I snowblowed (snowblew?) yesterday.
That's all. I think I'm up to 20hrs on my new tractor now.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I completed the hyd top link installation in conjunction with the rear-hydraulics I did a week or so ago.
I ordered the top link from AgriSupply as well as hoses. Despite my note in the “special instructions” box of the order-form... they shipped FedEx instead of my request to use UPS.... which meant it’d be very unlikely I’d ever see the product at all. (I have horrible experiences with FedEx out here...if I get the pkg at all it’s likely because I noticed it thrown over the fence before I mowed over it or my neighbor calls to say they’ve rec’d it in error. When it doesn’t show up at all FedEx refuses to honor the shipping insurance claiming their ”proof of delivery” is their contracted delivery-service’s claim they delivered it. Pure B.S.)
You're lucky it didn't get shipped USPS. I ordered some parts for my riding mower on 12/10/2020. I got them on 01/14/21. They left the dealer on 12/11 (I got a shipping notice and tracking number from them in e-mail). Post office had it the rest of the time with a promise "it is being delivered". Hell, I can fly to Adelaide, Australia from Birmingham, AL in 26 hours . And USPS can't find my house from Pennsylvania in 25 days?
I have a lot more trouble with crushed packages from UPS than Fedex. That isn't to say everything I get from Fedex is in pristine condition either. Shipper beware these days. Wait till you're shipping 400 pound circuit breakers on a regular basis. If you don't go with a quality freight company, you're gonna be making a lot of repairs and reshipping. One I used was as fast as Fedex ever thought about being (2 days to most anywhere in the southeast, 4 days max anywhere in the continental 48), and my stuff got delivered without being destroyed. Then again, I did use wooden crates, not cardboard.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I snowblowed (snowblew?) yesterday.
That's all. I think I'm up to 20hrs on my new tractor now.
As long as you weren't snortin' snow. :sneaky:

• Haha