What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got frisky today. Got up, did my home exercises for the left shoulder and decided I felt pretty good and wanted to do something outside today. Temps in the high 50's, if not low 60's, sunny, slight breeze, but absolutely wonderful weather. Started out wearing my Carhart hoodie jacket (hood down, of course), but had to come outta that pretty quick. Started off by mounting my newly painted ROPS tool caddy. I made the bracket to fit the existing holes in the ROPS on Saturday. I have a thread in the Mods forum about it. Got done with that, and being outside made me friskier. Loaded up a lot of years of accumulated junk on the trailer to haul to a scrap dealer on Wednesday. Can't go tomorrow, have PT on the left Rotator Cuff. Chain hooks and d-rings both got used, so definitely a good investment on both. Loaded everything except an old handrail from the front porch that I replaced and a little trailer from when I bought my first riding mower. New wheels on the trailer, and I'll be teaching the missus to drive hydrostatic tractors. She'll never push a wheel barrow again. Swapped the 3pt drawbar for the quick hitch, and hooked up the box blade. Pulled up a couple dozen small stumps (2" - 5") and reclaimed part of my yard from the ditch where it's been deposited for the past 45 years. Gorgeous top soil, and now have a cleaner ditch for the run-off. Dragged down some high spots with the box blade where I played last time with the FEL to spoil some top soil in preparation for what I did today. Improved my new access road (still needs a culvert and some gravel). A good day on my little orange buddy and any day on a tractor is better than a good day at work. Gotta love this disability stuff. Got done, parked the tractor, sat down on the deck to pick the mud outta my boots, thencame inside and grabbed a homemade Orkney Skull Splitter (ABV 9.6%) and played with my 5 month old grandson for a bit. Tomorrow's agenda: PT for the rotator cuffs (had both repaired last year), and weather permitting, pull up some more stumps. Will likely order the Woodland Mills WC-68 chipper, a stump bucket, and a tooth bar for my little orange buddy. Gonna get up right now and go put the diesel can in the truck so I hopefully remember to fill it up tomorrow while I'm out. I really need to find an agricultural diesel dealer. The stuff for cars is EXPENSIVE, and only gonna get worse for the next 4 years.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got frisky today. Got up, did my home exercises for the left shoulder and decided I felt pretty good and wanted to do something outside today. Temps in the high 50's, if not low 60's, sunny, slight breeze, but absolutely wonderful weather. Started out wearing my Carhart hoodie jacket (hood down, of course), but had to come outta that pretty quick. Started off by mounting my newly painted ROPS tool caddy.
I've figured out that my 20' 5/16 chain will fit quite nicely in one of the metal ammo cans from HF. So, stop by there tomorrow to pick up 3 more cans, and make two more brackets, and I'll have PLENTY storage space for tools and chains and pins up on the ROPS. Thank you Mr. Kubota for putting holes in exactly the right spot. Might have to work on some lighting soon, because retirement gets more attractive with every day I spend at home on the lil' orange feller. Hmmm, aight, den.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yup, I also use HF ammo cans for my Orange tool, etc. boxes. Painted them Orange too. ;)
Here's how I mounted mine.

I made two of the brackets, knowing I'd eventually use another for something. The brackets will work on either side, inside or out. My ROPS already had a couple holes down low (I'm assuming for relocation of the turn signals with a hoe on it). I just matched the hole pattern and the angle of the ROPS with the short leg, and put three 1/4-20 tap-tite bolts in the long member. Drilled the hole pattern for the bolts in the can, bolted the bracket to it, then matched the holes for the ROPS mounting bolts. This lets the can and bracket be mounted on the outside on the left or the inside on the right. It's low enough it doesn't obstruct my view in most of the places I need to look. I find the SMV placard more bothersome than my can. Gonna pick up some more box-beam and another can today. Contrary to my original guess, I'm thinking my chain will fit in the 50 Cal box. Must remember to get more tap-tites from our shop at work.

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Had the service truck out to install wheel spacers. They were ordered with my tractor but on backorder so I appreciate them sending the service rig out to handle the install....with loaded tires it is a PITA.

Sure is nice to have a guy with a crane for that part.......

Note to self......"need crane".....

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Spread 10 yards of 3/4" gravel on the driveways in the low spots to eliminate the hockey rinks that formed with snow, then rain, then more freezing temps. Had to turn the heater in the cab way down so as to not get TO hot. Gotta love that float function!

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Stole one of the wife’s bath towels for the winter after borrowing idea from Paul Short on his treadle pedal fix for GL.

7E2861A5-5FB6-4837-A443-44DFF16644FF.jpeg

Then stole her parking place in heated garage for a few days. I am soooo dead ☠

6225DB8F-5CB1-4149-A4E4-C8BB4F12B8CE.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Did a quick snowblower run and sanding on the driveway...had 2-3” a day several days recently.
Was supposed to be cold with flurries next couple days, but saw now calling for 2-5” tonight.
F36D2086-2FE8-420D-AF83-3F60B72C9D0D.jpeg

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I installed a new peddle for the differential lock that I purchased from Specialty Repairs.

Before
20210123_100055.jpg

After

20210123_100156.jpg

Yes the tractor needs to be cleaned inside.

Reactions: 3 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Added SMV sign to ballast box.

E5A651BB-9AFA-491D-8DB0-60AEE8F6BBCF.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I took the RTV out for a ride with the kids and did some exploring. Impressed at where it will go even just in 2WD (but I did use the diff lock). The ITP Mudlite tires are awesome too! Snow coming tonight so it's plugged in - I installed a Kat's heater in the lower rad hose - so it should fire right up tomorrow morning.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
These days I'm spending a few hours most afternoons in the back bush harvesting paper birch firewood logs and hauling them home. It will be 6 years ago this April that a brush/grass fire blew through maybe 40 acres in the middle of our 119 acres which left most mature trees standing with their trunks superheated or burned a little black at the base. I was actually planning to get into a not-fire-touched area further on the trail for a huge healthy tamarack stand but it's turning out to be easier to pull all the still standing non-punky birch instead.

IMG_20210124_163402164_HDR.jpg

The fresh cut stump pic shows the color darkening of the outer growth rings and the heartwood from where fire hit one side of the trunk, Opposite side outer growth layers and heartwood are a healthy color still. And there's many years of birch firewood there in this state. Birch stockpiling time!

IMG_20210124_163435057_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I made it to the farm to see Katy - first time in almost 3 months. With all the recent discussions on here, I thought it would be prudent to clean her fuel filter/separator. So I turned off the valve, put a bucket under there and removed the clear glass (!) bowl. There was a pleated filter in it which I put on some paper towels in the trash can while I wiped out the bowl. No water. I replaced the bowl, opened the valve and watched it fill up, then started her up to make sure no air or fuel leaks. Everything's ok, so I cleaned up. When I got to the trash can to dispose of my rags, there sits the filter element. So, rinse and repeat.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I snowblowed/blew again.
I suppose I also planned. I have a couple sets of lights for my ROPS that i got for Christmas. I'm trying to plan out the best place to put switches and the like. Main thing I want is to not mess up any future expansion that I'm hoping to do.
Have a couple plans... Don't know what I'm going to do.

On a similar note, does anybody know what kind of connectors are in the back side of the fuse block? I'm interested in tapping some power from there and putting a new fuse in.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I snowblowed/blew again.
I suppose I also planned. I have a couple sets of lights for my ROPS that i got for Christmas. I'm trying to plan out the best place to put switches and the like. Main thing I want is to not mess up any future expansion that I'm hoping to do.
Have a couple plans... Don't know what I'm going to do.

On a similar note, does anybody know what kind of connectors are in the back side of the fuse block? I'm interested in tapping some power from there and putting a new fuse in.

This was my approach on the lighting for my L