What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Josie M6800

Equipment
M6800S 2005 with Cab
Aug 18, 2024
Texas
Sat on my M6800S and cried, just replaced my cab a/c, then had to replace Hyd pump, now clutch is hard to press down, dont know what to do now!!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Took the L3902 a hundred yards down the road to a neighbors. They asked the other day if I would mind brushcutting approx an acre of overgrown yard. Grass was about 3-4 feet and some willows 6-8 feet but not overly thick. Went slow as it was somewhat bumpy, but no rocks or stumps. Took about 2 hours and they were very appreciative once I was done. Got fed fresh out of the oven muffins and hot coffee, even left with some pocket change I tried to decline. Forgot my phone so no pics.

Reactions: 7 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
What I really like about this site is all the knowledge and if someone sees something wrong in your post, they respectfully let you know (well maybe @SidecarFlip was an exception).

Thanks @lynnmor for questioning the bolt length in post 19,502. I got ahold of parts schematic and used sharpie to trace the bolt. Bingo - been ordering the wrong bolt for 2-years. Since I hadn’t removed 2 of the bolts it looks like whoever installed the subframe used the wrong side bolts for that piece too. There is a L and R and they are different lengths.

Here’s before and after. This explains why I was stripping bolts, not enough bolt into the nut when torquing to specs.

Thanks to everyone that commented and kept my brain thinking.

View attachment 135255

View attachment 135256

View attachment 135257

View attachment 135258
Big help but I would go another step longer, that would assure that you gain the last bit of strength and leave a margin of safety should a bolt begin to loosen. Bolts can be bought at numerous places and perhaps for a lower price, just be sure they are the same grade.

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
What I really like about this site is all the knowledge and if someone sees something wrong in your post, they respectfully let you know (well maybe @SidecarFlip was an exception).

Thanks @lynnmor for questioning the bolt length in post 19,502. I got ahold of parts schematic and used sharpie to trace the bolt. Bingo - been ordering the wrong bolt for 2-years. Since I hadn’t removed 2 of the bolts it looks like whoever installed the subframe used the wrong side bolts for that piece too. There is a L and R and they are different lengths.

Here’s before and after. This explains why I was stripping bolts, not enough bolt into the nut when torquing to specs.

Thanks to everyone that commented and kept my brain thinking.

View attachment 135255

View attachment 135256

View attachment 135257

View attachment 135258
Just goes to show that sometimes it ain’t the length of the bolt, but maybe it’s if the bolt is in the right place.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
It's gonna be hot week here with the heat indexs hitting 115*.
When I stop sweating, I stop shreddin with the tractor, that means the humidity has burned off. I run into higher risk of starting a fire. If I get off the tractor to move or retrieve an object, the seat will heat up to over 150* in less 2 minutes. Finished my gallon of water before noon, I'm done for the day!

20240819_114442.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I been moving wood into the shed between rain events lately. It wasn't a very good summer here for drying wood with all the rain and high humidity. But still, I am amazed at how dry it actually is compared to last April and early May when I split it. Not ready to burn but another summer in the shed will fix that.
Have to use the L3010 with the 5' bucket to get through the opening and reach into the rear of the shed.

24_8_19-1.JPG

24_8_19-2.JPG

gg

Reactions: 6 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
When I stop sweating, I stop shreddin with the tractor, that means the humidity has burned off. I run into higher risk of starting a fire. If I get off the tractor to move or retrieve an object, the seat will heat up to over 150* in less 2 minutes. Finished my gallon of water before noon, I'm done for the day!

View attachment 135302
Yikes ! No way I could handle that,

gg

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The main rowed up, then abandoned for 5 years or so, field we recently picked up from a developer was a self propagated meadow, which was fine with us, but being rowed up and having a swale near the middle that eroded into a less than preferable ditch was making it quite difficult to bush hog, walk through, or drive through.

Had been planning to borrow my brother’s almost new 7’ double gang disc harrow to flatten it, but he’s a couple hours away and with appointments at Mayo in FL and life in general, a day trip to pick up a disc harrow was getting to be harder than it probably should be.

Since there wasn’t a lot going on today, spent a half hour with the forks digging this thing out of the back of the shed where it had a variety of stuff piled on it. When I was a kid, we used this thing in the garden and a couple of small fields. Other than driving with a carryall, it was the first implement I recall running. I could be wrong, but I don’t think it has been out of the back of the shed in at least 30 years. I haven’t used it in almost 40 years.
IMG_2977.jpeg

Covered in spider webs and unidentifiable gunk, but the axles still spin free and there’s something left of the discs. Hit it with the pressure washer a little bit and wire brushed the rust off the lift pins. The board on top is U bolted on to provide a tray for weight. The scrap metal, I don’t recall using but it adds weight as well and it was there so I left it. Put a total of 70’ of 3/8” chain and 16’ of 1/2” chain in a steel box and strapped it on the weight tray.
IMG_2980.jpeg
This was the before. Hard to see exactly how ridged up it is with the way it’s grown up. It is actually pretty rough. I bush hogged it once earlier this year. Had 10” to 12” stuff left in the furrows and 2” to scalping the ridges.
IMG_2981.jpeg
Took me a couple passes to get it working right even though it’s about the simplest implement there is. First, it’s way undersized for the tractor. Started out running around 5 mph. Even with the extra weight, it was bouncing around violently and not cutting worth a crap.

First thought was, this ain’t working; going to need a road trip for a better harrow. Second thought was, 40 years ago this thing would have gotten it done and it hasn’t changed so far as I can tell so maybe I’m doing something wrong. That and all that bouncing around wasn’t agreeable with the weight arrangement.

So back to the shop for a redo. Moved the chain box further forward where there’s some blocking to assist the straps. Deleted the scrap metal.

Back to the field to experiment with speed. Did a decent job going really slow and doing some half lapping. If I heard the chains in the box rattling, that sound meant I needed to slow down. Far from ideal but I reminded myself the other option was a pair of four hour round trips so even if it was slow it was probably overall the fastest method.
IMG_2982.jpeg

About 3/4 done a little shower popped up. Didn’t feel like it was going to last long so backed into the entrance to a short trail and spent about 15 minutes under the trees watching it rain.
IMG_2985.jpeg

This is the after. No, it’s not done. Didn’t expect it to be after one cutting regardless which disc was used. The ridges are gone. The eroded places are leveled. The top couple inches of the red clay field are disturbed and, while moist, aren’t overly lumpy. Pretty pleased with it for a first cutting.

Allegedly no rain rest of this week. After the dirt and vegetation dries some, plan to cut it again with full angle on discs, probably at a 45 angle to today’s cut. Then a third cut at 90 degrees to today’s lines with discs at less of an angle and a drag chained behind the disc. For now that’s the plan.

Been a long time since I’ve done anything like this. It started to kind of come back to me as I got into it a bit. There was quite a bit of switchgrass in it already and it’s a native grass so likely that’s what will go back there.
IMG_2983.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

trevoroni

Equipment
B6000
May 24, 2023
Canada
Used the B6000 to push the bottom of my brother's garage/shed wall back onto the concrete foundation.
1000005163.jpg

1000005164.jpg

Dug some holes in the process....
It was built in the 50's and didn't have any anchor's into the concrete.
There was a brick chimney anchored to the bottom of the wall and the weight of it bowed it out.
He removed the chimney and tinned the roof and wanted to true up the wall before fixing up the inside.

Reactions: 5 users

slamin81

Nov 7, 2023
austin, indiana

View attachment 135302
dang

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I'm gonna fill and top off the wildlife waterers today, extra salt/minerals for the cows. Yesterday at 4pm I measured the temperature of the shop concrete floor at 101* Items within the shop, atv, tool chest etc. was measuring 104.2* the galvanized metal on the shop was 126*

This week can't pass fast enough.
Screenshot_20240819_181850_AccuWeather.jpg

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
We have two, but it is because of the size of the home.
One cools the upper floors, one cools the lower floors.
On the rare occasion of a failure that can't be addressed right away, we have moved our activity up or down as needed.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I'm gonna fill and top off the wildlife waterers today, extra salt/minerals for the cows. Yesterday at 4pm I measured the temperature of the shop concrete floor at 101* Items within the shop, atv, tool chest etc. was measuring 104.2* the galvanized metal on the shop was 126*

View attachment 135391
That’s miserable for people and livestock. Today here feels like first day of fall. It isn’t, but it feels like it.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Do folks in that climate have two AC's installed at the residence so they have a backup in that kind of heat?
No, but its best to have the extra AC disposals parts, like a contact switch, capacitor and hard/run start capacitor, those items are stupid cheap and can be bought off Amazon.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
We have two, but it is because of the size of the home.
One cools the upper floors, one cools the lower floors.
On the rare occasion of a failure that can't be addressed right away, we have moved our activity up or down as needed.
Yup.

We're able to adjust by going to our RV or the other house. I also lived in East Texas(hurricanes) for many years, I have 1ton window unit & generator for power outage.

I've been thinking of adding a mini split to our bedroom/bathroom area, since our boys have moved off to college. No reason to cool the entire house when there is 3 bedrooms and bath is not being used.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
20240820_105901.jpg

20240820_101603.jpg

20240820_101250.jpg

20240820_100615.jpg

Do folks in that climate have two AC's installed at the residence so they have a backup in that kind of heat?
Heat wave headed your way on Aug. 25th. Pop the service cover on your AC verify parts, buy some spare parts, contact switch, capacitor and if equipped hard start capacitor.

Reactions: 2 users

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

View attachment 135391
Man that’s unreal hot we had some 35-37C days in July I was in the tractor mowing but also some days running the wipersnippers it’s hard on everything. But we also had the coldest 3 days I have ever experienced in Jan at -50 with windchill absolutely terrible. Anyways hope you all stay safe

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Honestly this summer in Texas has not been terrible. Just a few days over 100F so far and now just 4 to 6 in a row (I hope!)

There have been some summers with over 30 days in a row over 100 and last year Austin had 45 in a row over 100.

What kills me is when the nights stay above 80 so there is really no cool down in the 24 hours. It just gets oppressive.

And then the utilities start start to limit electricity. I doesn’t take long to get a hot temperature inside if there isn’t electricity to run any air conditioning. But I recall growing up in a house with no AC at all so we spent a lot of time down at the creek swimming ( but riding a bike a few miles round trip was required )