What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

slyoteboy

Equipment
B7100HST
Nov 26, 2023
Central Coast CA
Had it about a week. Drilled and tapped most of the factory grease zerks on the FEL. Got new tires, added water to them. Changed the oil, filter, and air filter. Changed the mediocre factory hubs. Paint, paint and more paint. Noticed new and old kubota did not match, closest was allis chalmers orange.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Very nice shop slyoteboy. Good luck with the new tractor - looks good.

gg

Reactions: 1 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Got creative this weekend to get the blower off the old pallet from the service dept that was then on top of my rolling dolly. Wife spotted for me and was a coconspirator with strapping the unit to the forks........

Was able to place it back exactly where we needed it on the rolling dolly to mount. Forecast doesn't include any real impact snow for the next couple weeks so I am holding off on mounting the blower.

Whole thing went amazingly smoothly........working smarter not harder......

IMG_5627.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Put the winter cab back on yesterday. Finished hooking up the lights, heater hoses and weather stripping along with the front and rear blades this morning.
2019-4-11(4).jpg

Reactions: 11 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Got to use the front blower for about 10 minutes today. The snow was wet and heavy and I was impressed with how well it threw snow and it was great not being twisted around looking behind me. I would of done more if the ground wasn't frozen so I had to restrain myself.

Reactions: 3 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Got to use the front blower for about 10 minutes today. The snow was wet and heavy and I was impressed with how well it threw snow and it was great not being twisted around looking behind me. I would of done more if the ground wasn't frozen so I had to restrain myself.
Winters is officially over, Spring is here. Take the Snow Blower off.

Thank-You
Please Come Again!!!

• Haha

cptbarkey

Equipment
BX2350
Nov 19, 2023
Central TX
Finally all parts are in to reassemble the BX2350. Replaced the coolant overflow, reinstalled 1 missing valve on the cylinder head. Now going through the meticulous process of cleaning the block bolt threads. I hand screw the tap, turn it a few times with the wrench, back it out, blow shop air. They come out gunked and rusty. 3 are finished. More hours of work to do, including the rear axle seals, but finally making progress.

IMG_7349.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Had the MX loaded on the tilt deck equipment trailer this morning, one tire kinda looked funny, thought they lost pressure from the cooler weather. Nope, they were 10 to 12lbs low, airred up all tires to 80psi and tire still didn't look right, inner belt separation is my best guess. The tires are less than 4 years old with about ~9k miles on them. Unloaded the MX and an hour plus drive to the tire store later. Yup, after valve stem and air was removed the Trail Quest tires are no more, belt separation has begun. Upgraded the tires to some 16 ply tires, Cargomax RT809, ST235/80/16.
Check your tires before every trip!

Old
20231206_145153.jpg
20231206_145658.jpg
20231206_150053.jpg

Old Tires APRIL 2020
20231206_162401.jpg

New
20231206_143952.jpg
20231206_154651.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Is it just the quality of rubber being used these days? In days gone by you could wear a tire down to the nubbins then put in on a trailer or a wagon for off road use and it would last for years.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Is it just the quality of rubber being used these days? In days gone by you could wear a tire down to the nubbins then put in on a trailer or a wagon for off road use and it would last for years.
Like everything else these day, nothing is made to last! Miss the good ol days.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Not totally tractor related, had Winnebago Minnie 26BHSS travel trailer. 9500lb GVW. Bought it new. Had stylish 16” aluminum wheels and of course new tires. Stupidly think “It’s a decent name brand, no need to check tire or wheel ratings. They wouldn’t spec crap tires on a $35K camper with a name like Winnebago. Trust the engineers.”

First trip out was about 50 miles total as it was the shakedown run. All good. Second run was 250 miles out, 250 back. Check tire pressure pre-trip every time. About halfway back, less than 500 miles total, on a cool, rainy day the right rear explodes. Totally shreds to nothing. Pull off and see the tread is missing, sidewall is just a spaghetti of wires and rim bead killed by hitting the road. Change tire, pray we make it home (we did).

Start looking at tires and researching rims. Rims are rated for 1750lb each. Tires made by some no name Chinese manufacturer rated for 2000lb each. On a 9500lb GVW trailer that weighed almost 8000lb dry weight, well over 8000lb as outfitted and loaded when in use. Bad tires? Bad rim? Bad engineer? Maybe some combo? Regardless: bad.

Replaced all five (including spare) wheels and tires with black steel wheels rated for 3500lb each, shod with Kenda Loadstars rated to carry the full weight of the trailer. Have used Kenda Loadstars on campers, equipment trailers, and cargo trailers for many years. I’m sure they’d blow if I ran over a box of nails or something but thousands and thousands of miles without one failure.

Good trailer tires can be had, but the no name Chinese tires earned the moniker, “China bombs” for a reason.

I’ve heard from others that Greenball is good as well, but no experience with Greenballs.

And yes, I know Kendas and Greenballs are manufactured in China. Seems to be some quality control differences between them and the Fung How Ping Pong Co or whatever random folks make the no name stuff.

• Wow

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Not on the tractor, but had the flatbed trailer ramps converted from "stow each in a slot on the side of the trailer" to being able to fold up vertically. No more pulling out the ramp, CARRYING the ramp to the back of the trailer, repeat for the other side, then reverse the process after a day's work. Work harder, not smarter. No. Wait. What? :D

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I doubt that the manufacturer of the trailer installed those tires and wheels, but most likely the selling dealer switched them out knowing that the bling of aluminum wheels was a better selling point than black steel wheels. He then sold the better tires and wheels to a customer or put them onto a used trailer that needed better wheels and tires because the buyer knew to look at what was on the trailer for sneakers.

cptbarkey

Equipment
BX2350
Nov 19, 2023
Central TX
The engine is buttoned up last night and with fluids. In the final run I was cobbling a few things together, used a vacuum plug on the radiator drain, and an AC delco hose will be my intake for a short while. It will breathe fresh air until I cobble together a real hose to the filter, or order the OEM parts.

Now i'm being held back by the several safety switches. I hear the fuel pump clicking, fuel solenoid seems to be working. Checking all sorts of things, operators manual and hitting the forums.

123123123231.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Possible. I
I doubt that the manufacturer of the trailer installed those tires and wheels, but most likely the selling dealer switched them out knowing that the bling of aluminum wheels was a better selling point than black steel wheels. He then sold the better tires and wheels to a customer or put them onto a used trailer that needed better wheels and tires because the buyer knew to look at what was on the trailer for sneakers.
Possible. I called corporate shortly after it happened, more as a notification than request for action, and as best I could gather they weren’t really specifying exactly the same wheels and tires on every camper of that model but just throwing on it whatever fit that they could get a good deal on a container load of. It was honestly pretty disappointing from a manufacturer of their reputation. Several things on the quality of build of that camper were disappointing. Most notably multiple leaks 3 days after we brought it home which resulted in my recaulking everything on the roof, which previously looked like a chimp with an electric caulk gun had done the caulking. To their credit, the dealer fixed the minor water damage under warranty. Part of what led us to now have an Airstream.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
The engine is buttoned up last night and with fluids. In the final run I was cobbling a few things together, used a vacuum plug on the radiator drain, and an AC delco hose will be my intake for a short while. It will breathe fresh air until I cobble together a real hose to the filter, or order the OEM parts.

Now i'm being held back by the several safety switches. I hear the fuel pump clicking, fuel solenoid seems to be working. Checking all sorts of things, operators manual and hitting the forums.

View attachment 117606
I would try to bypass whatever you can to determine that the engine starts and runs well. After that, you can reconnect one safety switch at a time. This way you can easily identify if there is an issue with one of them. I would also put in some fresh diesel if it's been sitting for a while and take a look at the fuel filter(s) as well.

Last edited: