What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Sorta like what I need to do (x3) but I’m not so fortunate to have wide open space to do it in.
image.jpg

Three washes cross my property and all need some serious erosion control. The raised beds and water feature are actually my first efforts to keep my property where it was when I bought it. I did every bit of that with a pickaxe and shovel and a very helpful spousal unit. A few tornadoes and lightning strikes and several thousand cut poison ivy vines later, it’s kinda turning into a yard. The washes have been there since at least 1975 when the house was built, so I don’t reckon I need to hurry too much unless I expose more soil. I get enough leaf fall back there that I don’t get much problem anywhere except the ditches, but they wash clean pretty much every heavy rain. I thought about culverts across the first one and backfill with purchased fill and top, but my first calculation is calling for 50+ yards and then I still have to buy the culverts. I reckon I can redo that water feature and terrace area a lotta times before it gets anywhere near the cost of a private storm drain. That’s been there for 6 years, and I see no signs of needing to replace anything for a while.

Reactions: 3 users

TonyinTexas

Equipment
L4060 with loader, backhoe, box blade
Nov 7, 2023
Texas
Sorta like what I need to do (x3) but I’m not so fortunate to have wide open space to do it in.
View attachment 127969
Three washes cross my property and all need some serious erosion control. The raised beds and water feature are actually my first efforts to keep my property where it was when I bought it. I did every bit of that with a pickaxe and shovel and a very helpful spousal unit. A few tornadoes and lightning strikes and several thousand cut poison ivy vines later, it’s kinda turning into a yard. The washes have been there since at least 1975 when the house was built, so I don’t reckon I need to hurry too much unless I expose more soil. I get enough leaf fall back there that I don’t get much problem anywhere except the ditches, but they wash clean pretty much every heavy rain. I thought about culverts across the first one and backfill with purchased fill and top, but my first calculation is calling for 50+ yards and then I still have to buy the culverts. I reckon I can redo that water feature and terrace area a lotta times before it gets anywhere near the cost of a private storm drain. That’s been there for 6 years, and I see no signs of needing to replace anything for a while.
Sounds like a real project, hopefully you have equipment for it next time you dig!

A seasonal water feature would be a neat deal there. Its pretty dry here so I have to use some well water to keep my pond full. Opposite problem, but I love running water

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I decided to give the new folding cutter more of a test this evening and spent about 2 hours getting used to everything. The only problem I had was that I didn't want to stop! This cutter is absolutely amazing and a game changer for me. It's so easy to use and adjust on the fly and it really does turn on a dime without any contact between the cutter and tractor, other than on the drawbar of course.

Here are some photos of tonight's activities. I'm really, really pleased with this purchase.

m6060_rc3712_05.jpg

m6060_rc3712_06.jpg

m6060_rc3712_07.jpg

m6060_rc3712_08.jpg

m6060_rc3712_09.jpg

m6060_rc3712_10.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I decided to give the new folding cutter more of a test this evening and spent about 2 hours getting used to everything. The only problem I had was that I didn't want to stop! This cutter is absolutely amazing and a game changer for me. It's so easy to use and adjust on the fly and it really does turn on a dime without any contact between the cutter and tractor, other than on the drawbar of course.

Here are some photos of tonight's activities. I'm really, really pleased with this purchase.

View attachment 127985

View attachment 127986

View attachment 127987

View attachment 127988

View attachment 127989

View attachment 127990
Operating an orange is addictive.
Nice cutter. How many acres do ya have?

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have been fighting with a bent tine on a LandPride SGC 0554 claw grapple that I purchased from a fellow OTT member. He told me the tine was bent before I made the purchase and we met up at the Carlisle PA spring swap meet to exchange $$$ for steel. The second tine in from the end was bent about 4 or 5 inches toward the outside. I hooked a ratchet strap onto the tine and worked at tightening the strap and pulling it back into place. I also used a large sledgehammer to bang on the side of the tine in the direction that it belongs. On day one, I got it within an inch of where it belongs, and on day two I got it another 3/4" closer. Today the best that I could do was to pull it over beyond where it is bent, but it just wouldn't stay in place, so I admitted defeat. I am planning on using 1 1/2" black iron pipe welded between the tines at the bottom and I will get all the others welded into place first and then give the bent tine a final pull to get it into place, and then weld in another piece of pipe. I am going on the assumption that once it is fully braced at the bottom it should stay in place. I don't want to put heat on the tine since it might weaken the grapple. Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase.

IMG_2486 (1).jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I have been fighting with a bent tine on a LandPride SGC 0554 claw grapple that I purchased from a fellow OTT member. He told me the tine was bent before I made the purchase and we met up at the Carlisle PA spring swap meet to exchange $$$ for steel. The second tine in from the end was bent about 4 or 5 inches toward the outside. I hooked a ratchet strap onto the tine and worked at tightening the strap and pulling it back into place. I also used a large sledgehammer to bang on the side of the tine in the direction that it belongs. On day one, I got it within an inch of where it belongs, and on day two I got it another 3/4" closer. Today the best that I could do was to pull it over beyond where it is bent, but it just wouldn't stay in place, so I admitted defeat. I am planning on using 1 1/2" black iron pipe welded between the tines at the bottom and I will get all the others welded into place first and then give the bent tine a final pull to get it into place, and then weld in another piece of pipe. I am going on the assumption that once it is fully braced at the bottom it should stay in place. I don't want to put heat on the tine since it might weaken the grapple. Overall I am quite pleased with my purchase.

View attachment 127994
I use a 15lb sledge, occasionally I have to put a little bit of heat on the 3/4" thick tines on my grapple.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
We were on vacation last week. Got back Saturday. Since then we’ve had rain at least part of the day every day. 5” total this week. So only thing I’ve done with the L in the past couple of weeks is put up the camper. In between rains, the T mowed all three yards, top of the dam, and grassed parts of the ditches on the common road.
IMG_2375.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We were on vacation last week. Got back Saturday. Since then we’ve had rain at least part of the day every day. 5” total this week. So only thing I’ve done with the L in the past couple of weeks is put up the camper. In between rains, the T mowed all three yards, top of the dam, and grassed parts of the ditches on the common road.
View attachment 127995
Do you store that magnificent Airstream outside, where falling tree debris could dent it's beautiful skin?

JJL-48

Equipment
L-48
May 10, 2024
DOTHAN, AL
I have an L-48 with 3 of the 4 work lights installed, but I inherited it with the wires to the lights cut off. After I reconnected them I soon realized why they had been cut! Someone had run a "hot" wire from the battery bus which made the lights stay on all the time (even when the tractor was not running). I put on my detective cap and opened the panel with the lights and horn switch and discovered a loose connection on the pigtail (Molex type) connector. After using some electrical contact cleaner on the plug the power was restored to the lights. I have since removed the extra wire that was run from the hot battery bus!
IMG_0147[1].JPG

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Do you store that magnificent Airstream outside, where falling tree debris could dent it's beautiful skin?
For now, I do. Almost 3 years in, it seems to be handling it well. It would be a bit of a stretch for tree debris to hit it while in its parking spot, but I’d much rather park it inside.

Looked into building a shed, or having one built, and would have pulled the trigger on a metal 3 bay 5 years ago but couldn’t convince wife to agree to clear out the trees that would have to go. Right now, she wants a boat. If she persists I’ve thought about telling her we’ll get a boat right after we have a building to store it (and the Airstream). Maybe someday.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
For now, I do. Almost 3 years in, it seems to be handling it well. It would be a bit of a stretch for tree debris to hit it while in its parking spot, but I’d much rather park it inside.

Looked into building a shed, or having one built, and would have pulled the trigger on a metal 3 bay 5 years ago but couldn’t convince wife to agree to clear out the trees that would have to go. Right now, she wants a boat. If she persists I’ve thought about telling her we’ll get a boat right after we have a building to store it (and the Airstream). Maybe someday.
Woman wants a boat = WONDERFUL scenario!
Boat and Airstream are valuable/expensive items and deserve proper weather protected storage.
Do you EVER get hail in your area?
One minor hailstorm would reduce your Airstream to expensive junk!

Today's prices are insane, but I had a 36' x 48' x 14' Morton building (steel clad) built 40 years ago ( $10,000 then, probably $80K now? ), and it is still in perfect condition.
Never enough storage space though, so I did a stick built (by myself) 40' x 50' building alongside.
Both are full of my "stuff"!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Operating an orange is addictive.
Nice cutter. How many acres do ya have?
For sure! I'm on 20 acres but am only cutting 15 acres at the most. I cut close to 12 acres of my friend's fields on the river a few times each summer so will need to modify my 22ft trailer to work with the M6060 and RC3712. Not a difficult modification but I want to add 3ft.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Sounds like a real project, hopefully you have equipment for it next time you dig!

A seasonal water feature would be a neat deal there. Its pretty dry here so I have to use some well water to keep my pond full. Opposite problem, but I love running water
That one is forced flow. Pump is in the pool. The pool holds water very well, but there is a lot more evaporative loss when it’s running. Frogs seem to get most of the skeeters stupid enough to try to reproduce in it. It doesn’t freeze in our mild winter if it runs. The pump is submerged and helps warm the water a little and moving water doesn’t get cold enough to freeze here.
We got a little overzealous making the feature and wound up needing way more water than will fit in the pond. It takes nearly 2/3 the volume of the pool to fill the plumbing and run back down the feature. So, when we turn it off, it would flood the two flower beds, but I put a couple yards of river rock below the pool to prevent that and let the overflow run down below the beds. I’m a little embarrassed to admit the oversight, but I’m the engineer to blame.
Unfortunately it’s got some bad leaks that require removing all the rock and resealing the EPDM liner, so we don’t run it. Half the pool volume disappears overnight. Pretty sure chipmunks are the culprits. Repair ain’t gonna be easy because of all the plants and shrubs we planted around it. At least I can handle the larger rocks with the grapple and haul all the smaller ones with the bucket instead of a wheelbarrow. I’m thinking about using Sakrete to redo the “creek” bed and put the liner on top of that, sorta like vinyl liner in a swimming pool. Should prevent future chipmunk damage. I’m likely to reduce the size too, simply because I may decide it’s too much trouble one day and remove it completely.
We were going to put a gazebo out there, but the missus ain’t real fond of summertime in Alabama what with all the humidity, bugs, and creepy critters. So I nixed the gazebo idea and built a chicken coop from a bunch of old scrap deck renovation lumber instead. I figger getting something back from the labor is the smarter option. A chicken coop should accomplish that and gives the grandkids something to do outside when they come over.

Daniel Pullum

Equipment
B3200
Aug 7, 2022
Decatur, Illinois
I replaced my 60" belly mower with a 72". I love it. The gauge wheels on all four corners gives precise lines for mowing.
However, scalping is a problem.The anti-scalp wheel hasn't helped. I have ridges in the five yards I mow that I have to ride one side
on the ridge and then "step" down on each side of the ridge.
I'm considering putting the rear gauge wheels from my 60" deck on the back edge of the 72". What ya think?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Project 1. Got a IBC tote strapped into my yard trailer. I'll be using it for watering trees.
20240510_172658.jpg

Previous owner used it on the road. Like his wiring?😆

20240510_172633.jpg

20240510_172648.jpg

FYI, If you can't find a decently priced adapter for the IBC shutoff valve, a 2" ABS rubber coupling will work. I haven't picked a reducing fitting for a hose. Have to decide if I'm going to use 3/4" or 1" hose.

20240510_172709.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Project 1. Got a IBC tote strapped into my yard trailer. I'll be using it for watering trees.
View attachment 128036

Previous owner used it on the road. Like his wiring?😆

View attachment 128037
View attachment 128038

FYI, If you can't find a decently priced adapter for the IBC shutoff valve, a 2" ABS rubber coupling will work. I haven't picked a reducing fitting for a hose. Have to decide if I'm going to use 3/4" or 1" hose.

View attachment 128039
Re the previous owner's wiring job: It never ceases to amaze me at what some will do to mess up the simplest of things. It takes a lot of work to do it poorly so why not do it well and do it once?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Re the previous owner's wiring job: It never ceases to amaze me at what some will do to mess up the simplest of things. It takes a lot of work to do it poorly so why not do it well and do it once?

My son would say "It's a half passed job and they used their whole ass to do it."

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Project 2. Took the hillers off and just used the sweeps to line up some rows to plant trees. The line closest to the fence won't get trees. Line 2 & 3 will get trees starting tomorrow and line 4 is optional. I may plant more in the fall.

20240510_190410.jpg

20240510_190330.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
For sure! I'm on 20 acres but am only cutting 15 acres at the most. I cut close to 12 acres of my friend's fields on the river a few times each summer so will need to modify my 22ft trailer to work with the M6060 and RC3712. Not a difficult modification but I want to add 3ft.
Awesome