What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I cut a hole in one of the pallet fork tines this morning in preparation for removing the outboard engine from my boat this afternoon. Many people run trailer hitch balls on their pallet forks to move trailers around, and no doubt I'll use that feature too, but my main concern is a sling or chain sliding off the forks when an expensive motor is hanging off them.

I know folks will put a C-clamp or vice grip on the tine to keep a sling or chain in place, but that's a bit Mickey Mouse for me. I'd rather have a more robust keeper in the form of a trailer hitch ball or a large bolt. I could even use a shackle on the end of the tine if needed.

That hole saw is well past its service life. The steel at the end of the tine is 1/2" thick but it took a long time to get through it.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
EA had a MUCH better (easier to use) idea for blade offset, with their "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade".
All gone now,.....but I am thankful that I did buy one of theirs.
I have a 7' King Kutter, with offset much like this one shown, and it needs a new home.
If only you were a bit closer and it was a 6 footer .....

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Beautiful spring day here in Central Wisconsin.

Years ago I put together a fire pit/ring using a culvert section and retaining wall blocks. I did mortar the blocks and my mortar job was , how should I say, "sketchy" at best. :ROFLMAO:

I now own a 12 x 12 canvas style outfitters tent which I wanted in a particular location which meant the fire pit/ring was too close. So today was moving day and I really did not want to rebuild the thing if it came apart. My helpers ran a bunch of my ratchet straps around the circumference and with me on the tractor gave it a go.

Worked out well! Eased it away and down a bit from the tent pad , maybe a total of 60 feet.

First picture is the tent pad leveled ready for me to make and set my modular floor system. I am sure I will have to fine tune things a bit but basically its level.

After my helpers left for the day, (they turkey hunted the morning) I spent some time with the grapple and landscape rake cleaning debris off my trails and other spots.

Happy tractoring!

DSC03125.JPG

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_9430.jpeg

Fire pit/ring reset a safe distance from the tent pad.

DSC03119.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin

Years ago I put together a fire pit/ring using a culvert section and retaining wall blocks. I did mortar the blocks and my mortar job was , how should I say, "sketchy" at best. :ROFLMAO:

I now own a 12 x 12 canvas style outfitters tent which I wanted in a particular location which meant the fire pit/ring was too close. So today was moving day and I really did not want to rebuild the thing if it came apart. My helpers ran a bunch of my ratchet straps around the circumference and with me on the tractor gave it a go.

Worked out well! Eased it away and down a bit from the tent pad , maybe a total of 60 feet.

First picture is the tent pad leveled ready for me to make and set my modular floor system. I am sure I will have to fine tune things a bit but basically its level.

After my helpers left for the day, (they turkey hunted the morning) I spent some time with the grapple and landscape rake cleaning debris off my trails and other spots.

Happy tractoring!

View attachment 127674

View attachment 127675

View attachment 127676

View attachment 127677
Congrats on the successful move Ken! Improvements on the property are adding up nicely for you. Makes every moment on the property more fun, eh!

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Happy tractoring!

View attachment 127674

View attachment 127675

View attachment 127676

View attachment 127677
Success is a wonderful thing!

Reactions: 1 users

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
All you need to know about IMCO. The blades (and other implements) they made may be considered light duty, but they were not broken down with the tractors of the day. I'd submit they are better then what available today in many cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_Manufacturing_Company
Thanks for info. There wasn't really much online about them when I was 1st looking at blades. Looking around I could only find imco and king kutter for sale online which made me hesitant. Looking at new blades at dealers they seemed thin and not very well curved. You get what you pay for but for anything solid I'd be looking at 1500. Lighter duty blades were 1200 and didn't seem any better than king kutter. So far I did some ditching with the blade and very happy with it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That blade you have has been drug around by tractors like 8N Fords and larger and they don't get bent unless someone snags them on a stump or similar.

Guys who require new implements get to pay today's prices for something that does nothing more then yours!

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I've been using the 3301 to pull deadfall up to where I could cut it up into smaller lengths so I could haul them to my woodshed with the ATV's trailer. But right when I was ready to release this big one I realized I was done pretty much needing the tractor so I just drove on up the side road straight to my woodshed with it, fun stuff! Much easier to cut into lengths while still grasped also.

Attachments

Reactions: 8 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
According to the label on our bags of chalk for ballfields, which is just powdered lime, it causes California in cancer. What doesn’t these days?

Our turf guy just put out pelletized lime on all of our fields.
I think to be able to sell anything in Calif. you have to prove it doesn't cause cancer.
;)

• Haha

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Rain has been making it challenging to get the mowing all done. Went out to the farm and mowed what I could, had to skip some areas due to the standing water.

I think we have a turkey vulture nesting in the old corn crip. Last two trips to the farm the big old bird has come flying out from the crip when I pull up and then sits in the tree just across from the crip.

20240504_072840.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I think to be able to sell anything in Calif. you have to prove it doesn't cause cancer.
;)
We get the chalk from a local limestone mine in Georgia. Maybe they also ship it over there and have to put the label on all the bags?
Common sense would tell you, it’s not good to breathe powdered rock dust, but that ain’t so common anymore.
Like 1911, I was cutting, grinding and welding mostly all day Friday, not a mask in sight. Maybe I don’t have any common sense either!

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I've been using the 3301 to pull deadfall up to where I could cut it up into smaller lengths so I could haul them to my woodshed with the ATV's trailer. But right when I was ready to release this big one I realized I was done pretty much needing the tractor so I just drove on up the side road straight to my woodshed with it, fun stuff! Much easier to cut into lengths while still grasped also.
What is the attachment you have on there, Does it just grasp vertical or does it rotate?

Bill

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I cut a hole in one of the pallet fork tines this morning in preparation for removing the outboard engine from my boat this afternoon. Many people run trailer hitch balls on their pallet forks to move trailers around, and no doubt I'll use that feature too, but my main concern is a sling or chain sliding off the forks when an expensive motor is hanging off them.

I know folks will put a C-clamp or vice grip on the tine to keep a sling or chain in place, but that's a bit Mickey Mouse for me. I'd rather have a more robust keeper in the form of a trailer hitch ball or a large bolt. I could even use a shackle on the end of the tine if needed.

That hole saw is well past its service life. The steel at the end of the tine is 1/2" thick but it took a long time to get through it.

View attachment 127653

View attachment 127654
What hole saw is that?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct

. . . .
Ken how did that culvert section stand up to the fires? I have been thinking about the same thing here.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Ken how did that culvert section stand up to the fires? I have been thinking about the same thing here.
So far so good! When we cleaned it out before moving I could not see any rusting that would affect it. I also never cut any holes in the bottom of the culvert section for air flow but the type of fires and frequency of use seems to be working.

I was basically given the culvert section which made it easy for me to construct. I am sure there are better ways , maybe 100% masonry with fire rated liner?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Happy tractoring!

View attachment 127674

View attachment 127675

View attachment 127676

View attachment 127677
Very nice!

I have a large circular concrete "tube" that used to sit on top of a cistern. It's about 2.5ft in diameter and about 18" tall and I've thought about using it as a fit pit ring but am not sure about the risks associated with air voids in concrete and the heat from a fire.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
What hole saw is that?
The drill is a Hougen magnetic drill and the hole saw is an old Makita from a set I bought at Costco about 20 years ago or more.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
What is the attachment you have on there, Does it just grasp vertical or does it rotate?

Bill

I don't recall the brand, but I'm real happy with it. It's serrated jaws close tight, on even small things, they fit about perfect. Using the FEL curl function, I can move something from past vertical, to past horizontal, it took me a while to realize it's many uses. I pulled all the sage brush on 40 acres with it a few years ago, pulled up a lot of steel fence posts, plant railroad ties, etc. I'm not near it now, I'll try to remember to see if i can find a maker label on it next time.
IMG_20210422_161239271.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Rain has been making it challenging to get the mowing all done. Went out to the farm and mowed what I could, had to skip some areas due to the standing water.

I think we have a turkey vulture nesting in the old corn crip. Last two trips to the farm the big old bird has come flying out from the crip when I pull up and then sits in the tree just across from the crip.

View attachment 127711
You are showering regularly, right? Just kidding of course. I live about 200 feet from a busy road and we get slow dying roadkill in the ditch (crawl/fall in and can’t get out) between us and the neighbors. Seeing a lot of coyote along with the buzzards lately. Might be time to start making the neighborhood wonder who’s shooting at what. Current mayor has the state ethics committee after him, so I can probably get away with popping a few coyotes. He’s probably got half the police force keeping reporters away from him.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users