What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Used my grappler for the second time moving some logs and tree trash over to the burn pile. Sprung a hydraulic leak in the third function. Dealer warned me about it and said it could loosen up from tree limbs or other stuff hitting it. Sounds like there should be a way of different hose routing or some kinda protection. Anyways it was loose so I tightened it and will check the hydraulic fluid level tomorrow after I see if the leak is stopped.
Which third function kit did they put on the tractor and where was it leaking from"

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
Which third function kit did they put on the tractor and where was it leaking from"
I don't know what kit. All I see on my invoice is a Lynns CR505G grappler. No mention of a kit so perhaps it's in the price of the grappler. The leak seems to be coming from a loose nut that I'm guessing holds the fitting on. I tightened it and gonna check it later.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This ain't really about what I did, but about what I'm going to have to do.

Looks like I'm renting a dump trailer soon to clean up some debris/compost heaps I made in the back yard while cleaning up deadfall and underbrush, and haul them to the dump. Pending loan approval, we're moving. The little town I live in ain't as little as it was when I moved here. The population has tripled, and most of it Gen Z, Entitlement, and Woke generations in all the various alphabet groups and cliques, meaning the demographics and politics of this place have gone to caca. The city is ignoring the neighborhoods with large lots in favor of the ones with half acre lots and McMansions on them because they get a lot more property tax from that style development. The road where I used to wait for hours to see the next car is busier than the interstate these days. It's hard to get out of here during school/rush hours. If you come to this town, you're crossing at least two rail lines, no matter what direction you come from, and they don't mind stopping and blocking the crossings. We've had enough.

Found a place with 18 acres, including a pond that's at least 4 acres, and at least 8 of it still forested. I'm about to have a whole lotta grass to cut, and my little Husqvarna ain't gonna be big enough. I can see this yard killing that little fella. Plenty HP (22 HP V-twin Briggs), but with a 42" deck, it's just gonna take way too long to cut all the grass.

Anyone out there running a 6 foot finish mower behind the LX2610SU? 5 footer will cover the tracks, but a 6 footer will cover more ground. Here's an arial photo of the new digs. How well does a finish mower work behind a tractor with big ballasted feet? How good a finish will I get if I use a flail instead? Hammer flail, or Y flail?
1692559024457.png

Been saving all my life to have my dream home, and this one ticked a lotta boxes. The pond is stocked with catfish, large mouth bass, crappie, bream, and grass carp. There's already a swing and a rod holder on the island, and a couple more rod holders scattered around the pond edge. Grass cutting may get interrupted.

There is also a pad at the head (far) end of the pond for a double-wide manufactured home. Electrical, water and septic service is already there, and there was a home there until about 3 years ago. Might consider putting one back out there for visiting family that wants to spend the night. Or, the right person might be able to talk me into renting it.

Just waiting on the lender now, then we begin the process for the purchase. Already have a signed contract. We're in a position we don't have to sell our current house, too, so that's a huge plus. When we do sell it, the loan on the new one will be paid off and we'll be debt free with a huge upgrade for about $100K investment. I can live with that.

• Love
Reactions: 25 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Looks like I'm renting a dump trailer soon to clean up some debris/compost heaps I made in the back yard while cleaning up deadfall and underbrush, and haul them to the dump. Pending loan approval, we're moving. The little town I live in ain't as little as it was when I moved here. The population has tripled, and most of it Gen Z, Entitlement, and Woke generations in all the various alphabet groups and cliques, meaning the demographics and politics of this place have gone to caca. The city is ignoring the neighborhoods with large lots in favor of the ones with half acre lots and McMansions on them because they get a lot more property tax from that style development. The road where I used to wait for hours to see the next car is busier than the interstate these days. It's hard to get out of here during school/rush hours. If you come to this town, you're crossing at least two rail lines, no matter what direction you come from, and they don't mind stopping and blocking the crossings. We've had enough.

Found a place with 18 acres, including a pond that's at least 4 acres, and at least 8 of it still forested. I'm about to have a whole lotta grass to cut, and my little Husqvarna ain't gonna be big enough. I can see this yard killing that little fella. Plenty HP (22 HP V-twin Briggs), but with a 42" deck, it's just gonna take way too long to cut all the grass.

Anyone out there running a 6 foot finish mower behind the LX2610SU? 5 footer will cover the tracks, but a 6 footer will cover more ground. Here's an arial photo of the new digs. How well does a finish mower work behind a tractor with big ballasted feet? How good a finish will I get if I use a flail instead? Hammer flail, or Y flail?
View attachment 109694
Been saving all my life to have my dream home, and this one ticked a lotta boxes. The pond is stocked with catfish, large mouth bass, crappie, bream, and grass carp. There's already a swing and a rod holder on the island, and a couple more rod holders scattered around the pond edge. Grass cutting may get interrupted.

There is also a pad at the head (far) end of the pond for a double-wide manufactured home. Electrical, water and septic service is already there, and there was a home there until about 3 years ago. Might consider putting one back out there for visiting family that wants to spend the night. Or, the right person might be able to talk me into renting it.

Just waiting on the lender now, then we begin the process for the purchase. Already have a signed contract. We're in a position we don't have to sell our current house, too, so that's a huge plus. When we do sell it, the loan on the new one will be paid off and we'll be debt free with a huge upgrade for about $100K investment. I can live with that.
Congratulations and good luck with the move and new place. Looks awesome. 🥃

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
That pad is just begging for a big a$$ barn, forget about getting in the rental business. Another option is to operate a camping spot, I'm sure that there are RV'ers that would like a spot like that, campgrounds are overrun with the latest generation you mentioned.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada

View attachment 109694

Congratulations on the new property!

I'll comment on the loaded tires for mowing. I use a Landpride FDR2584 behind my LX3310 with the larger R14's and have 0 issues tearing up the lawn. I had a LX2610/60" mmm with loaded R3's and also had no issues.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Finished up the RV parking / loop. Did a lot of dragging with the BB tilted way back. Then filled in low sopts. Spent 6 hours total on the drum roller. I let the daughter take the inaugural drive around before I did a final run.
:D
20230820_163616.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin

View attachment 109694

Congrats on the new property! Loan sounds a slam dunk too. they should of said ok right away with your assets.
It would be fun to have a pond out the back door...enjoy it.
How far away is new place from where you are at the present time?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

View attachment 109694

Very Nice! Congrats, keep us posted.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
n
Heck my ground is too hard to even think about running a disc through it.
Really hoping we get some moisture this Tuesday or Wednesday.
I wish I could send you some moisture.
We have had the wettest Summer in most of my Eastern New E 82 years.

View attachment 109694

I think you need to consider the tax consequences if you take more than two years to sell your original house.

Forget the idea of using ANY tractor for mowing that lawn area.
You need the new model Kubota Diesel 72" zero turn mower for only $38K!
Seriously though: A large zero turn ( much less than $38K) is much quicker, and easier to use, than a heavy/bulky tractor plodding along to mow.
I zip around on my ZT, and find it to be almost as much fun as a Disney ride.

Congrats on the new property! Loan sounds a slam dunk too. they should of said ok right away with your assets.

Last edited:

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Heck my ground is too hard to even think about running a disc through it.
Really hoping we get some moisture this Tuesday or Wednesday.
If you get what you need, could you send some N? Maybe? Please?

It was hard, but the disk is heavy. The dirt, in places that had multiple passes, was like flour.
The bucks seem to like it.
Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 12.00.19 PM.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

View attachment 109694

Congratulations. Hope you find the peace you’ve been missing recently at your old/current place. The new place looks lovely.

Edit: BTW, a bit jealous of your dock and island. We have a similar pond sans island. Dock is one of my post-retirement projects for next year.

Last edited:

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS

View attachment 109694

This is the stuff dreams are made of. Add a nice shop & well, “heaven”. 👊

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Congratulations on the new property!

I'll comment on the loaded tires for mowing. I use a Landpride FDR2584 behind my LX3310 with the larger R14's and have 0 issues tearing up the lawn. I had a LX2610/60" mmm with loaded R3's and also had no issues.
Basically the same tractor, just a few more ponies. Not sure I can run a 7 footer with only 19hp at the PTO.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
About 40 miles south of us. Just looking at the surrounding area, it's gonna be a long time before they start building all the McMansion neighborhoods down there. Too many LARGE land owners around it, agricultural land loaded with peach trees.

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
n

I wish I could send you some moisture.
We have had the wettest Summer in most of my Eastern New E 82 years.

I think you need to consider the tax consequences if you take more than two years to sell your original house.

Forget the idea of using ANY tractor for mowing that lawn area.
You need the new model Kubota Diesel 72" zero turn mower for only $38K!
Seriously though: A large zero turn ( much less than $38K) is much quicker, and easier to use, than a heavy/bulky tractor plodding along to mow.
I zip around on my ZT, and find it to be almost as much fun as a Disney ride.
Yeah, thinking ZT at some point, just gonna have to wait a while til we're debt free, at least. It'll be nice to be taking small loans that I can pay off quick. $38K is just a bit more than I can buffer right now. Gonna have to go with something a little more friendly to the finances right now. Part of the deal is that I have to pay off the LX loan (zero interest) to get my DTI ratio down a bit. Already know about the tax issues. Can't homestead more than one property in the state, and I already have 2. I own a second property that I was going to rent, but my son needed a place to live, and the rest, as they say is history. He's been there for 8 years, and any hopes I ever had of making money with it are gone. Probably gonna quit claim deed it to him just to get rid of any tax/insurance responsibilities. Just gotta have that talk with him. Asking him about his finances is much akin to pulling the pin on a grenade.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Congratulations. Hope you find the peace you’ve been missing recently at your old/current place. The new place looks lovely.

Edit: BTW, a bit jealous of your dock and island. We have a similar pond sans island. Dock is one of my post-retirement projects for next year.
It's certainly quiet out there. We saw ONE car go by while we were touring the property last week. We were there nearly 3 hours having a good roam.

The dock/pier needs a little work, but I walked out to the island on it. Part of it is actually a detachable floating dock that I can move out in the pond if I want. I see a trolling motor and battery in my future, and an anchor of some sort. I already have a couple spare car batteries that I can use. Maybe I'll replace it with a little john boat eventually, or just leave it as is. I'm gonna hit it pretty quick to check the status on the different fish in it. The pond is about as clean as I've ever seen one. Pretty sure it's had treatments to keep it that way. I reckon I'm gonna have to read up on fish pond maintenance and look at equipment/chemicals for that.

Reactions: 2 users