trailer issue

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
That's what I would like to get but with the back end solid across. I borrow my buddy's trailer that is a tilt like that but is a HD steel trailer that he uses for small excavators and rollers. They sure are nice, aluminum where I live would be a plus with all the road salt, one I saw locally for sale at a dealer was $9K :eek: Cost to borrow one he two times a year I use it.... bottle of rum :rolleyes: tough to beat that price.
guess we could make this separate thread as we kinda hijacked him here...

hey MODS... if ya think this needs to be moved, i understand.

hee hee... that is a STEEL trailer. looks like aluminum.. but its not. :D

tilt top, registered as 9999lb with dual 6Klb axles & the 10K winch... 8 ply tires/alum rims, 4 wheel brakes... led lights.. ready to roll...

best part is: its only $5600 out the door!!

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I also have a Tiger Cat 52" and a similar trailer with the same issue. I managed to drive mine up on the very edge of the angle iron but back back down was a definite pucker factor. A welder suggested welding a strip of 3" angle iron to the inside edges of the ramps which would be sufficient. Haven't done anything and had hoped there was some sort of expanded metal version that could be mounted to the existing ramps when you need it and removed when you don't.
Or just weld some mesh on it? if it wasn't that time consuming. I'll start calling around tomorrow for a welder. I may only be able to afford labor costs and moving them in 13 inches just to get me by. I'll see what the trade in value of the ramps would be for the upgrade. I'll keep yas posted in case it helps anyone else figure a (hopefully) cost effective solution.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
guess we could make this separate thread as we kinda hijacked him here...

hey MODS... if ya think this needs to be moved, i understand.

hee hee... that is a STEEL trailer. looks like aluminum.. but its not. :D

tilt top, registered as 9999lb with dual 6Klb axles & the 10K winch... 8 ply tires/alum rims, 4 wheel brakes... led lights.. ready to roll...

best part is: its only $5600 out the door!!
HiJack away, I don't mind. I'll update it later when I get it resolved. :)

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
^^^ nah that was plenty of info for anyone who wants to ask on the trailer ... lets work on your ramp problem.

seriously: if you just move that over to the other side of the ear with a longer bar..or full width bar...

you can gain any width you want that way with no welding.

Attachments

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For no more welding then you need done, you might contact the local HS shop (ag) teacher. See if his students can help. They almost always have some guys that like that kind of problem solving work!

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
A full width bar would work. I'll have to wait till next week to I speak with the dealer and see if he'll do the right thing by me. If not I may have to go another route.

I just got off the phone with the manufacturer. The deck was ordered as is by the dealer. There were no mistakes on the manufacturing end. So the error is his for ordering the ramps that wouldn't accept the 2650, let alone the scag.

The killer is the bi fold mesh gate is the same price as the existing ones. He wasn't saving me anything by ordering me the ones I currently have on.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
For no more welding then you need done, you might contact the local HS shop (ag) teacher. See if his students can help. They almost always have some guys that like that kind of problem solving work!
That's a good idea, I'll keep it in mind thx!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The mesh ramps look great, if i had the choice, thats definetly what i would go for. My old utility /car hauler has a one piece mesh gate i can lift myself with little difficulty. Its built quite light yet a full size car hasnt destroyed it yet.
Zero turns are difficult to load on any trailer with ramps,i have done my share of loading them (never do it in the rain) and built a few ramps to accomodate the grasshoppers. longer is better.

Last edited:

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
NEPA Guy, if its any consolation, I am learning from your situation and will use all of this info when I buy a trailer that will be used for both (one at a time) my Grasshopper ZTR and my B2650.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
In reference to the mesh over the steel ramp solution, I didn't want the mesh all the way across the back end so that my brush hog wheel could hang over. Not sure if that applies to you or not. Just a thought before they make that modification for you.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
LOL Grouse, It's a little consolation. Not much but it helps. I'm just so tired of getting beat up. I know compared to others things aren't that bad. (at least thats what I tell myself)

“I feel thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.” J.R.R Tolkein

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have a flip up mesh ramp on my 16ft dove tail. I love it!!!! If I haul something over Lengh, I just pull the tailgate. It is a little awkward installing it back on with out a second person though. To load a lawnmower though, I've found that the deck tends to hang up on the edge of the dove tail where it levels off on the trailer deck.

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
See? Now there is something I didn't know. I did not know the mesh ramps were removable. I still have a few months before I buy but am writing all this down for my shopping days in the future.

GlueGuy

Equipment
2018 BX23S, 3PH, Back Blade, Rake, 18ft Trailer
Apr 4, 2011
Newport, North Carolina
If you only need 3 inches or so toward the center on each ramp and don't need to go back out to the fully spread width, get 4" longer pivot pins. Mount them so the excess length is towards the centerline of the trailer. Then move the inside ramp bracket INSIDE of the mounting tab. Pin the pivot so the ramp can't fall off and the pin is locked in place and you may have the solution! It will gain you between 36 and 8" narrower spacing!

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
So my issue has been resolved. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I called my dealership. When I explained the problem, the sales guy said he would "get back to me in a few days and we're gonna take care of you." He got back to me a few days later, he did not take care of the problem.

He wanted to charge me 600 for a new set of ramps and extra for the cost of fabrication!!! When I argued my point and said it was his fault for ordering me a trailer that couldn't accomodate my tractor, let alone my zero turn. he said again he would talk to his boss and get back to me.

Thats when I decided not to wait around.
It was my notion that if he was going to do the right thing, he would have done it already. (talk to his boss or whatever story he was dishing out.)

and a thumbs down to my new dealer. So far every dealer in NEPA has been crooked. (This economy is bringing the best out of everyone.)

Long story short, I called up Load Trail, explained my situation and how I was getting screwed by the dealer. LOAD TRAIL stepped up to the plate, said we'll take care of it for you. They called the dealer, and now are sending out the replacement bi- fold, spring assist, mesh gates on their next scheduled delivery to the dealership. They will replace the ramps to the ones I NEED at no cost.

LOAD TRAIL. A name you can trust. :D

Grouse09

Equipment
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Glad that worked out. Send a pic when you get it installed. I will follow your lead on the Load Trail. We have a dealer here.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Should take about a month to piggyback it on the next scheduled shipment, then fab time. I'll post photos!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
NEPA Guy, it should be an embarrassment to the dealer to have them not come up with a workable solution, then you call the manufacturer and get what the dealer should have done with one phone call.

It's nice they are shipping it to the dealer. Then the dealer has to call you to let you know it's in.

I'm a pretty nice, easy going guy, but when people jack me around like that salesman did you...I'd let him know how incompetent he is. Let him know ONE phone call solved the issue and you're the customer, he deals with the manufacturer more often and has no relationship with them or is afraid to call them!

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
NEPA Guy, it should be an embarrassment to the dealer to have them not come up with a workable solution, then you call the manufacturer and get what the dealer should have done with one phone call.

It's nice they are shipping it to the dealer. Then the dealer has to call you to let you know it's in.

I'm a pretty nice, easy going guy, but when people jack me around like that salesman did you...I'd let him know how incompetent he is. Let him know ONE phone call solved the issue and you're the customer, he deals with the manufacturer more often and has no relationship with them or is afraid to call them!
Thanks D2, I just don't get people. I'm never dishonest when it comes to making money. If I make a mistake, its mine and I take responsibilities for my actions. I was gonna rip this guy a new @hole, but I figured I would wait till I get everything resolved before I let him know what a incompetent fool he is. Either that or he wanted to charge me again and try to make more money off of me.

When I'm ready to sell my Scag I was going to opt for a kubota zero turn. I priced out the model I wanted at close to 10K. I'll be sure to to use the salesman right next to his office for that purchase. :p

I remember when I was a kid, my father told me something I'll never forget. We were driving around his volkswagen bug, it was dark, and we were running low on gas. We came to a station but it was closed. He pulled up and pumped the gas and then he left the money on top of the pump and put a rock on it so it wouldnt blow away. I asked him why he was doing that if there was no one there? Just go! He said, "Life is like a pendulum, what comes around goes around."

I didn't fully understand that saying until much later in life. I'm trying to teach my son the same.

Here's an example. When I worked with that first dealer and the unfortunate 3350 issue, he was rude, dishonest, and caused me an awful amount of unnecessary grief. He also caused a situation where others had to get involved and made their life a bit more miserable than it should have been.

I found out a few days ago that his shop (he was just the manager, not the owner, but gave people the impression that he owned it) is being bought out by another dealer. He's made a bad name for himself, and they don't want to keep him. He's going to lose his job. They will promote from within, and now, he will suffer the consequences of his actions.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
There is a very simple principle in life that many folks never get a grasp of....

You get what you sow, more then you sow, later then you sow.

It's real simple. We decide what we want to harvest, then sow and wait. But in an obsessive, compulsive world folks want things immediately and their decision making becomes blurred, then the results come in!!

And they can't for the life of them, figure why do these things happen to me.