Piranha Toothbar

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
In conclusion, this thing is awesome. If I had to find something to snivel about, it would be that this thing is heavy. Mounted way forward on the bucket, it acts even heavier. Not a big deal for most modern, larger tractors, but on my little, antique B7100, it noticeably cuts down on what I can easily lift. Full bucket of slightly damp, sandy, dirt/clay mix material would seldom trigger the pressure bypass previously, but with this on, I was hitting the pressure relief occasionally.
Not a big deal, just a re-adjustment in technique.

Perhaps one day when I get time, I will "swiss cheese" it.
(drill a bunch of holes in it to lighten it)
It is certainly built stout enough to remove some material without compromising strength, just have to calculate how much I could lighten it vs how much work it would be.
It seems you are the latest convert. Have fun wit it Bill!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I just removed my piranha bar yesterday before winter sets in. Five minutes its off. I like the smooth edge of the bucket to scrape the pavement bare around the house and work shop. I know the 'bar' would peel up the hot top.
Snowing hard here this morning. Its coming.

LOMartin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC / B77 / FEL / LP Grapple
Jul 14, 2018
Savannah, Georgia
I'm over here still holding out for Black Friday... keep telling myself, maybe there will be a SALE.. .. ..

Winyah510

Equipment
L2501, LA525, BH77
Nov 28, 2018
Georgetown, SC
Hello all,new here and just purchased an L2501 w/LA525 a few days ago. My loader came with SSQA and a 66 inch bucket which my dealer says is now standard size when you opt for the quick attach. BTW...no hooks but I already got my Kens bolt on hooks! I also ordered a PTB today.

Last edited:

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I’m new here and just purchased an L2501 w/LA525 a few days ago. My machine came with SSQA and a 66” bucket which my dealer says is now standard size when you opt for the quick attach. BTW...no hooks but I’ve already got my Ken’s bolt on hooks!
Welcome to the forum. The hooks will probably come in handy especially during deer season if you want to use your tractor to raise the deer while you dress it. Since I shoot deer on my own land I can very handily use my tractor to help me with the dressing and hanging of the deer.

Anyway, you did not mention the Piranha tooth bar. That should be on your bucket list (pun intended). Anyway, I have never heard or read a bad review or comment on the Piranha bar so you may want to consider that as a priority item for purchase.

Winyah510

Equipment
L2501, LA525, BH77
Nov 28, 2018
Georgetown, SC
Update... I ordered a Piranha Tooth Bar this past Sunday (12-2), it shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery on Thursday. These guys rock!

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
Ordered one for our BX. Got the step bit to boot.

Delivered in three days, installed last weekend.

I was impressed with how heavy the bar is and how easy it was to mount. The step bit works great.

Ground is frozen pretty good now so no real test on digging, but I managed to pop out some scrub brush with little effort.

Looking forward to some above freezing temps so I can do some digging.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Another plus for the PTB- as someone stated earlier, this thing cuts roots like mad.
It slices through roots that would have stopped the tractor previously, requiring me to stop, dismount, and chop them with an axe. Now I just have to pull chopped roots out of the bucket of dirt/fill.

Attachments

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Mine showed up today! My bucket was already drilled for the Piranha straight ("toothless") bar, so installation was 5 minutes. The Piranha Tooth Bar is impressive, sharp, and aggressive. I recommend thick gloves during installation!

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Agree those badboys are SHARP. I have a routine where I make sure the edge is fully flush or pushed down into the ground when I turn my tractor off now. I had a pretty unpleasant experience walking past the bucket in flip flops when the edge was angled up 2" and I didnt notice. Worst edge you ever want to stub a toe or catch a shin on!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Agree those badboys are SHARP. I have a routine where I make sure the edge is fully flush or pushed down into the ground when I turn my tractor off now. I had a pretty unpleasant experience walking past the bucket in flip flops when the edge was angled up 2" and I didnt notice. Worst edge you ever want to stub a toe or catch a shin on!
I went one step further.

Attachments

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I am extremely concerned. I ordered a Piranha on the 11th. The credit charge card was immediate. I have emailed then 3 times with a simple question and asking when it will ship/deliver. I have received no response from any emails. I have tried calling several times and get nothing but a busy signal. Are they still in business?

JeepinMaxx- where did you get the hooks on your bucket?

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
no sooner than I whine, I actually get through. They said it's their busiest time of year, apologized for not responding to emails, and said it would ship within a week. We shall see. Lots of multiflora roses eagerly anticipating its arrival- NOT. Plus, intend to try to do some landscaping and get stuff to drain away from the house instead of toward it. Hope it works as well as everyone says- it would be good to get several thousand dollars worth of dirt work done for much, much less.

leoric

Equipment
B2650 since 2018. BH77, LA534, Forks, 60" Bucket, 60" Mid mount mower
Mar 13, 2019
Indianapolis
I am extremely concerned. I ordered a Piranha on the 11th. The credit charge card was immediate. I have emailed then 3 times with a simple question and asking when it will ship/deliver. I have received no response from any emails. I have tried calling several times and get nothing but a busy signal. Are they still in business?

JeepinMaxx- where did you get the hooks on your bucket?
I'm willing to bet those are Kens hooks. I have the same ones (without a the clevis attachment). https://www.boltonhooks.com/

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
no sooner than I whine, I actually get through. They said it's their busiest time of year, apologized for not responding to emails, and said it would ship within a week. We shall see. Lots of multiflora roses eagerly anticipating its arrival- NOT. Plus, intend to try to do some landscaping and get stuff to drain away from the house instead of toward it. Hope it works as well as everyone says- it would be good to get several thousand dollars worth of dirt work done for much, much less.
You and me both...2 emails and finally after the third time calling with one voice message I left, I got thru about an hour ago. I was told that mine should ship this week (ordered 4/2/19). We'll see about that. I sure do hope that their product is better than their customer service...

My fall back position is to use my ATI set of teeth.

Roadking

Equipment
L3301, bush hog, box blade
Apr 22, 2019
Greenwood, SC USA
You and me both...2 emails and finally after the third time calling with one voice message I left, I got thru about an hour ago. I was told that mine should ship this week (ordered 4/2/19). We'll see about that. I sure do hope that their product is better than their customer service...

My fall back position is to use my ATI set of teeth.
Same thing here Brother, ordered mine on 4/8, have sent 4 messages without reply, called again and finally got through to them Friday 4/19. She said the same thing....busy time of the year, etc. and that mine should ship by the end of this week. I thought they have pre-cut bars for certain equipment based on the drop down menu when you choose your length? I read only good things about the bar before I ordered it, customer service sucks and I will screw them on their ratings and reviews, once I have the bar on. My issue matches some of the ones I have been reading...... I need the bar to clear and move dirt for a 480 sf addition to our house and now had to postpone the project. My John Deere, 445 with a FEL 40, is way to small. Great for cutting my 3 acres and moving mulch about, but can not match my L3301 I just bought with Landpride 5' Bush Hog and 5' Box Blade. Waiting, unwillingly, patiently

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Two and a half years ago, my girlfriend bought a Komadojoe for me (think big green egg but maybe better). A liner (some kind of formed clay I assume) broke. I put off getting a new one, but finally got tired of it, so I emailed them this morning asking how much for replacement part. I had an answer back within half an hour, telling me it is a lifetime warranty and that replacement (redesigned) parts will ship this week at no cost. THAT is customer service. And a very timely contrast to what Bxpanded service is like. I told them in a reply email that Bxpanded should come learn from them what customer service is. This thing now needs to be the best thing since sliced bread in order to ameliorate my feelings about the company. If it is, I will be an enthusiastic user and give credit where credit is due. If it is not, I will (at every opportunity) share my negative perspective on the company and the product. We shall see. I prefer it be the latter, rather than the former.