Piranha Toothbar

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I talked to them last week about the root ripper and quick connect for my backhoe. Super nice guy, said they got inundated with orders this spring all at once and just weren't prepared for those numbers. Growing pains for the company, but good for it in the long run. Turns out they are local just down the road in Knoxville. I didn't realize that when I ordered. He said they'd call me when it's ready and I can just pick it up and they'll refund the shipping charges. I thought that was good customer service for a fast growing company.
That's excellent.

eubie5

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, 60" mmm, loader, 54" landpride grapple, box blade, rear blade
Feb 24, 2019
greenville, indiana, USA
i ordered ptb over 2 weeks ago, and 0 response to a couple emails about an ETA. i spoke with them yesterday, and he said it should be built and shipped by next Friday. sounds like i shouldn't hold my breath.

wwiifan

Equipment
2017 BX23S
Jul 13, 2017
Salina, Kansas
Ordered the BX under armor, backhoe thumb and PTB on 4/12/19.
Received the under armor on 4/30/19.
Nothing as of yet on the rest...???

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Mine should be here tomorrow...ordered 4/2/19. They really don't appear to respond to email inquiries. I'd suggest you call them.

Edit: Well, it arrived today. Opened the box and smelled fresh paint. It must have been hot off the press as the washers were stuck to the paint sightly.

They also included a step drill bit even though I didn't request one....now I have 4! They also included the relief valve shims I requested, so, I thank them for that.

Hope you all get yours soon.

Last edited:

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Well, the latest.... When I talked to him Thursday, he said it would ship immediately and I would have it Monday or Tuesday. I did receive an order confirmation, but have not received a shipping confirmation. It's Wednesday and it isn't here yet. They also want the other one sent back (which I would, too). They'd better include a prepaid label.

RVS PERF

Equipment
B2601, 54" LP Grapple, 53" Betsco flail, 14' dump trailer
May 8, 2019
North Branch, MN USA
After reading up on these and how much everyone loves them, I ordered one up a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to see what the hype is all about. Probably be 2-3 more weeks till I see by the looks of it though.

Kendrix

Equipment
BX23S, Excavator, Loader, Snow Blowing
Apr 23, 2019
PA
I have been waiting for Weeks for mine to arrive from Bxpanded. What is the general turnaround time on delivery of items? I purchased the Paranha tooth bar, and excavator dolly.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I have been waiting for Weeks for mine to arrive from Bxpanded. What is the general turnaround time on delivery of items? I purchased the Paranha tooth bar, and excavator dolly.

Kendrix- Don't hold your breath. If it's been over 3 weeks, I'd be calling and raising hell. They told me last Thursday that the one they were shipping to replace the wrong sized one they sent would ship on Friday. I called yesterday and asked why I didn't get shipping confirmation. Well, I hadn't, because it hadn't shipped. The girl assured me it would ship yesterday. Still no confirmation email, so I called them. She gave me a tracking number. I hope it's not for someone else's shipment- or another wrong sized piece. Utterly unimpressed with their service. Would recommend another mfgr to anyone asking- no one could have worse service. They clearly need to make some changes to handle the demand

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The posts that I have been reading in this thread lately do not reflect the service that I got from BXPanded. In the past three months I have purchased a piranha tooth bar for a neighbor of mine and a hydraulic test & shim kit for myself. Both of those orders arrived within a week of ordering them. It's not like I am very close to them either. I live in WA state and they are in Knoxville, TN.

They may have made some changes in their business lately that are affecting their service. If that is so, it may be helpful to call their attention to what people are saying about them on websites such as this one. There may be some other problems in their supply chain that is affecting their service too.

In any case, until recently I have never seen a bad review for them. Hopefully this is an anomaly that will get fixed very soon.

wwiifan

Equipment
2017 BX23S
Jul 13, 2017
Salina, Kansas
So even though the shipping times are delayed...I placed another order this morning for the 6 inch trenching bucket. By looking at the order number I received this morning...My first order was on 4/12/19. It appears that there have been 1260 orders in between the two dates...WOW

So 1260 orders in about 4 weeks...that's like 315 a week or 63 orders a day over the 5 business day week...

Last edited:

Kendrix

Equipment
Apr 23, 2019
PA
Kendrix- Don't hold your breath. If it's been over 3 weeks, I'd be calling and raising hell. They told me last Thursday that the one they were shipping to replace the wrong sized one they sent would ship on Friday. I called yesterday and asked why I didn't get shipping confirmation. Well, I hadn't, because it hadn't shipped. The girl assured me it would ship yesterday. Still no confirmation email, so I called them. She gave me a tracking number. I hope it's not for someone else's shipment- or another wrong sized piece. Utterly unimpressed with their service. Would recommend another mfgr to anyone asking- no one could have worse service. They clearly need to make some changes to handle the demand
Thanks, dggott. I just sent them an email inquiring.

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
They do not respond to my emails. I don’t think anyone there even reads the emails. I have had a toothbar on order since April 20th. Three days ago, they changed the lead time in Q and As from 3-5 days to three weeks for a toothbar. Honestly, I asked them in an email if they wanted me to seek another vendor for my toolbar, but they don’t respond!! I never would have ordered from a company that is this non responsive. They charged my card when they got the order; no problem doing that in a timely manner.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
The posts that I have been reading in this thread lately do not reflect the service that I got from BXPanded. In the past three months I have purchased a piranha tooth bar for a neighbor of mine and a hydraulic test & shim kit for myself. Both of those orders arrived within a week of ordering them. It's not like I am very close to them either. I live in WA state and they are in Knoxville, TN.

They may have made some changes in their business lately that are affecting their service. If that is so, it may be helpful to call their attention to what people are saying about them on websites such as this one. There may be some other problems in their supply chain that is affecting their service too.

In any case, until recently I have never seen a bad review for them. Hopefully this is an anomaly that will get fixed very soon.
They don't have a supply chain issue (how much of one could they have- they're not selling technology)- or didn't mention it if they do, which I'm sure they would have. No, the girl just said it's seasonal. I told her that I heard about them on OTT and that there are a LOT of complaints about their service that they need to get in front of. Nice enough girl. I was polite, but vent here. Their service sucks. Period. They need to work on it or lose reputation and customers.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
They do not respond to my emails. I don’t think anyone there even reads the emails. I have had a toothbar on order since April 20th. Three days ago, they changed the lead time in Q and As from 3-5 days to three weeks for a toothbar. Honestly, I asked them in an email if they wanted me to seek another vendor for my toolbar, but they don’t respond!! I never would have ordered from a company that is this non responsive. They charged my card when they got the order; no problem doing that in a timely manner.
Same here. Ordered the 22nd. Nothing. One email response said 2 week lead time from time of order. We are on day 17 now with no response back to me. I'm not quite sure what's going on with them. HORRIBLE response times right now. There can't be that many people ordering the tooth bar at the same time. We should at least get some kind of response or refunded shipping costs or something.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
It seems that good builders, in many fields, are poor communicators.

Bruce

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Maybe they made their money and now taking the I don't care approach? Seems to me I'd be looking elsewhere, not worth the hassle.

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Not to defend them for not replying but considered what they're going thru.

Probably the last 4 months a good part of the shop was dead slow and laid off. Now because the weather finally is starting to come around, everyone that has ordered a custom fit tool all within a 4 week window. I'm sure they are doing what they can, when they can. Maybe for the short term they need to hire a customer relations rep just to reply to the hundreds of emails.

Or maybe everyone that was watching utube videos all winter, should have placed their order right away, to spread out the load.

Obviously they have a great product and quality, otherwise you could just shop somewhere else. I'm dreading the day that the Asian market copies these with junk steel.

Just my 2 cents!

Kmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 - loader, tiller, mower
Jan 15, 2019
Ohio
Heres how mine went

4/15 - Ordered
5/8 - Shipped
5/9 - Received

I sent one email a couple weeks after ordering, with no reply.

Box looked to hold up well. Ordered 64.5" and it came as 64". Called to ask why and was told they build them 1/4" shorter on each side to ensure they fit.

Looks very heavy duty. Plan to install this weekend. I would still recommend them to others.

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Cannot say enough about service from BXpanded. When the first underarmour that I received had some kind of variation that did not fit my machine they quickly sent a replacement. They even sent a prepaid label to return the wrong one. I received the first one within a 1 week.#lovebxpanded

Kendrix

Equipment
Apr 23, 2019
PA
I emailed Donna from bxpanded. She called me yesterday morning leaving a message. I called back and was picked up by a gentleman who advised that Donna was on the phone with another client. Which I could hear a female in the background speaking to someone else. The gentleman asked for my name, and callback number. Left him my cell phone number. No one bothered to call me back. Pretty disappointed. My order was placed on 4/25/19.