OK you Americans: the super pig is coming

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Cold weather makes them tough!

Quickly increasing herds of "super pigs" are on the way across your Northern border from Canada headed towards Minnesota, North Dakota and Montana.

Near impossible to eradicate, able to survive -30 temps, they are expected to cause up to $10 billion of damage in coming years. Thats no joke!

There tasty but glad there leaving for warmer climate

1700768788070.png

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Mmmm.....Bacon

1000016254.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Well Sh1t,,,,,, Gonna have to build another wall for a few trillion dollars

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
That's not really news, but Montana is on the lookout. Seems like Canada might need to legalize a few more types of weapons.

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
That's not really news, but Montana is on the lookout. Seems like Canada might need to legalize a few more types of weapons.
Hell the canucks just keep putting more and more on the list, pretty soon they wont be able to use a sling shot

Reactions: 5 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Don’t worry no shortage of guns around my part of Canada.
A lot of the guys in TX use ARs with suppressors, and night vision and/or infrared. Is any of that legal in Canada? I hope so, you guys are going to need it.

Reactions: 1 user

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
A lot of the guys in TX use ARs with suppressors, and night vision and/or infrared. Is any of that legal in Canada? I hope so, you guys are going to need it.
AR's: nope
suppressors: nope
infrared (night hunting): nope

• Sad

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
And they don’t even make a dent in the wild hog population. We had them in SE NM coming from TX. Game and Fish wiped them out with helicopter gunning and bounties for anyone who shot them. If you can’t do total population destruction, then it’s a permanent pest control problem.

Reactions: 1 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Guy I know hunts them but mostly traps them. I've been with him a few times. In 2022 he trapped 1023 hogs. The VAST majority of them were slaughtered and meat given to the local charity that cooks em up for the community (recovering drug users). Jim's getting older-close to 80 I think, and I sure hope someone can take over for him. The guys at the ministry are super grateful for all the meat. I am as well, it's VERY good eatin'.

I hear that some of the Muslim folks don't eat swine. I don't know any, well I do but I have never asked. I have no idea why they don't eat hogs?

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
No to the AR rifle but yes to an sks. At least I have a few friends that own them and think you can still buy them. I’ll take my Benelli r1 over the sks any day for the record. We can night hunt raccoons so if pigs became an issue then maybe. Seems like a real bad idea to me having no idea what’s behind your shot. I guess hence your use of night vision. Trapping them sounds better to me then night hunting them. We also can’t hunt or slaughter from a helicopter so that would be out. We have had bounties on coyotes in the past when we have had ridiculous numbers. I haven’t herd of any pigs around me but from what I though they were coming from your side. If you guys can’t get em with your guns we will. Lol that’s just a joke for all those serious folks.

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
And they don’t even make a dent in the wild hog population. We had them in SE NM coming from TX. Game and Fish wiped them out with helicopter gunning and bounties for anyone who shot them. If you can’t do total population destruction, then it’s a permanent pest control problem.
When was this? I didn't hear about it.