Just the beginning, like it or not

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
found this...
Wacker Neuson producing mini- and compact excavators under 5 metric tons for Deere & Co., including battery-powered, electric models.

so, once again Deere is NOT making either the machine OR the batteries. Deere bought 51+% of the battery company, Driesel (sp).

All the excavators are less than 6 metric tons , about 13,200 #, <80HP ??

Demo work inside buildings, no need for a machine, just hire some of the 400,000+ 'new immigrants' Canada just let in last year !

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I can see it now... charging the battery powered excavator on the job site with a diesel generator when it dies mid-project.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The electric excavator is designed to provide construction workers and road builders with lower daily operating costs, reduced jobsite noise, zero emissions and enhanced machine reliability, Deere said.
Yeah, because there are so many available chargers on the shoulder of the road. 🤪

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
found this...
Wacker Neuson producing mini- and compact excavators under 5 metric tons for Deere & Co., including battery-powered, electric models.

so, once again Deere is NOT making either the machine OR the batteries. Deere bought 51+% of the battery company, Driesel (sp).

All the excavators are less than 6 metric tons , about 13,200 #, <80HP ??

Demo work inside buildings, no need for a machine, just hire some of the 400,000+ 'new immigrants' Canada just let in last year !
"400,000+ new immigrants".... is peanuts !
USA is approaching 5 million total...... over two years!
At least in Canada, ...you know who, and where, they all are !

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The government will just be able to shut everything off by remote control. There will be no need to inform the public of anything. They will just do it, whether we like it or not.
Oh, the conspiracies….

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
"400,000+ new immigrants".... is peanuts !
USA is approaching 5 million total...... over two years!
At least in Canada, ...you know who, and where, they all are !
Employers hire undocumented workers because they are never prosecuted for violations of employment laws. And congress won’t require e-verify for hiring (it’s voluntary) because the business community likes the status quo and contribute to campaigns.

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Employers hire undocumented workers because they are never prosecuted for violations of employment laws. And congress won’t require e-verify for hiring (it’s voluntary) because the business community likes the status quo and contribute to campaigns.
True.....but that is NOT AN EXCUSE for US govt. not enforcing border/ immigration LAWS.
Either have immigration laws and enforce them......
......or have no immigration laws at all!

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
True.....but that is NOT AN EXCUSE for US govt. not enforcing border/ immigration LAWS.
Either have immigration laws and enforce them......
......or have no immigration laws at all!
Employment law violations are why they come here. Enforce them or it’s impossible to enforce immigration.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Employment law violations are why they come here. Enforce them or it’s impossible to enforce immigration.
"It's impossible to enforce immigration"?

It is "impossible" to enforce the law,... because others are encouraging people to break the law?
Huh?
Other countries do not see immigration enforcement as "impossible".

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
"It is impossible to enforce immigration"?
Huh?
Other countries do not see immigration enforcement as "impossible".
When employers are recruiting and hiring undocumented workers every day, it puts tremendous pressure on enforcement. Especially since these employers get away with doing this and are never prosecuted. If the primary reason why they want to come here is removed, enforcement would be much more effective.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Is it still a "conspiracy theory" if it turns out to be true? Funny how many conspiracy theories have been turning out to be true lately.
As a 31 year federal employee I always chuckle when I hear about wide ranging government conspiracies. In order for that to be possible, different agencies and departments need to be able to closely coordinate. The federal system isn’t designed for cross department coordination. We would be incapable of such a thing. And although that sounds incompetent or inefficient, it’s a good thing for the country. When it comes down to it, this country is run by lots of different people with different perspectives. And this may be messy but it’s the opposite of an authoritarian state.

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
so, getting back on track.. excavator track that is....
A '6 TONNE' excavator is probably around 55HP, or about 41KW of 'power'.
The 'entry level' F150 Lightning battery is about 100KW ($24,000 to replace...)
so.. you MIGHT get 4-5 hrs of use before you needed a full recharge.
Nobody I know running heavy equipment works a 4 hour day ! All put in 10-12 hours, usually 6 days a week, weather permitting.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
we ain't ready for electrification. The country ain't ready. A few people enjoy not buying gas (supposedly), and I know of a couple in this neighborhood that I live at. They post often on the "green" groups. Of those two families, one of them...owns a Tesla plaid. They're quick no doubt. Green? It might be. But what he doesn't tell you is that in his back garage, he's got two ferrari's, a Z06, and a Ford GT. Ain't nothing green about that. And yes he drives them all. Saw some information earlier that points to the leaders on the hill quietly discussing the failure of cancellation of XL, and there is supposedly some talk of even more forceful electrification in some states. Hope y'all are ready.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I had a customer that visited about once a month. He would listen to the AM radio on the 30 minute drive, then come in and say "I am glad that I am as old I am." He is gone now and the droppings are just getting started hitting the fan. The inmates now have full control of the asylum.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
As a 31 year federal employee I always chuckle when I hear about wide ranging government conspiracies. In order for that to be possible, different agencies and departments need to be able to closely coordinate. The federal system isn’t designed for cross department coordination. We would be incapable of such a thing. And although that sounds incompetent or inefficient, it’s a good thing for the country. When it comes down to it, this country is run by lots of different people with different perspectives. And this may be messy but it’s the opposite of an authoritarian state.
I appreciate the fact you called yourself an employee and not a worker 😉

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Is it still a "conspiracy theory" if it turns out to be true? Funny how many conspiracy theories have been turning out to be true lately.
I appreciate the fact you called yourself an employee and not a worker 😉
I don’t need to justify my career to anyone on here. I’m a professional forester and I would challenge anyone here to see if it’s work to spend weeks on end sleeping in the dirt and doing wildland fire suppression. Or to lay out timber sale units. Every day is a picnic in the woods. Right? 😉

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I don’t need to justify my career to anyone on here. I’m a professional forester and I would challenge anyone here to see if it’s work to spend weeks on end sleeping in the dirt and doing wildland fire suppression. Or to lay out timber sale units. Every day is a picnic in the woods. Right? 😉
I do Masonry work as a profession which most would consider no picnic, however the times i break out the chainsaw and cut trees and move brush and buck firewood for home and camp is when im the most tired/sore. I respect what you do.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I do Masonry work as a profession which most would consider no picnic, however the times i break out the chainsaw and cut trees and move brush and buck firewood for home and camp is when im the most tired/sore. I respect what you do.
And I likewise respect masonry work. I’ve done a bit of construction in years past and projects at home. That’s tough and precise work. I don’t do the heavy forestry work like falling digging fire line anymore. But I’m on the ground still and coordinating. And I still do timber sale layout. The steep ground gets steeper every year.

Last edited: