How do I get work done on my tractor, been black listed!?

OrangePower

Equipment
A cute little rinky dinky 2021 BX23s
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Regardless of whether or not you are a 'difficult' customer, and regardless of how the damage was done, the shop should never perform any work that they plan to charge you for without your permission in advance.
Well, here is the rub on that comment.....

1) Me and the dealer had a first round of "what is going on" with ball joints, when they wanted to charge me $90. Thats when I asked them why wasnt it covered under warrantee or insurance? They said "we should be able to do that under warrantee AND the tow bill"

2) They are NOW (if they had not been before after I said it 3 times) well aware of me wanting ONLY warrantee or Insurance work done.

3) "Mechanic" called me a few days later and said "Hi, for the boging issue, I can drain the tank and clean it out". Thats about all he said. I said "okay".

4) I assumed after #2, it was covered under insurance or warrantee, but I never asked. No one told me it was NOT covered under insurance or warrantee work when talking to them. I find it hard to believe they STILL havnt got the picture yet, and/so.......

5) They send me a bill for $160 for cleaning the tank and a filter.

6) In a spicy txt (no personal insults or bad language) I basically said "whats going on? How do I get just warrantee work and insurance only work done"?

7) In the spicy email, I said, fine, I will pay the $160 BUT no more work OTHER than warrantee or insurance claims.

So, them FULLY knowing what I wanted, and, having the mechanic talk to me, not the service advisor, can they really say I "approved it? Sounds like an in house work around, one of those "gotcha" moments! So, now its left up to jinky grey line shady he said/she said BS. On top of all that, just to stop any he said/she said BS, I was STILL willing to pay their 2nd ransom, to be the good guy and keep this going forward.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It was general MacArthur who told his communications officer. "Don't ever issue a communique that can be understood. Always issue a communique that can not be mis-understood!"

Often times what we say or don't say cost us dearly.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It was general MacArthur who told his communications officer. "Don't ever issue a communique that can be understood. Always issue a communique that can not be mis-understood!"

Often times what we say or don't say cost us dearly.
I was the communications officer in my Navy airborne intelligence squadron.
We never sent a message unless proof read by several others, for misinterpretation.
If we had ever taken top secret messages home, to store them in our garage, we would have been courtmartialed, and sent off to Leavenworth, .....and we knew it!.
Nearly all our message traffic was top secret...or higher.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I was the communications officer in my Navy airborne intelligence squadron.
We never sent a message unless proof read by several others, for misinterpretation.
If we had ever taken top secret messages home, to store them in our garage, we would have been courtmartialed, and sent off to Leavenworth, .....and we knew it!.
Nearly all our message traffic was top secret...or higher.
Hey, I'd come up there and visit with you once in a while!! ;) ;) ;)

• Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hey, I'd come up there and visit with you once in a while!! ;) ;) ;)
The idea of Fort Levenworth has never appealed to me....... besides that is an Army place.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
Blacklisted!!

Well, looks like it is official. Got my second letter from OICL. They are saying I need to send my tractor in to the dealer to get it checked out, even though I sent both OICL "and" the dealer pictures and info. Since OICL or dealer #2 will not respond to my repeated email requests, it looks like a circle fest brewing.

Its official, dealer #1 is putting the thumbscrews to me. Im gonna bet they put the nastiest thing in my file they could. Guess its time to go another route. If these dealers are this bad, I dont think I want them near my tractor. I have been around the automotive force, and, I can tell you they are NOT nice people if they dont like you, even in general. No telling what they might toss into my hydraulic reservoir as a parting gift (if they havnt already). Hey, I have seen it done more than once by the lower work force when I too was a tire changer.

P.S. Dealer is more than welcome to make a service call to my property to look at it, if they think I am trying to hide something.

....... besides that is an Army place.
Now now, lets try to stick together. There is enough going on trying to split us up. Though I remember in CCD camp they would split us up between army and navy. Confused me, were on the same team! Guess its been going on a while? The shame..... the shame...... 😯 :)

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Blacklisted!!

Well, looks like it is official. Got my second letter from OICL. They are saying I need to send my tractor in to the dealer to get it checked out, even though I sent both OICL "and" the dealer pictures and info. Since OICL or dealer #2 will not respond to my repeated email requests, it looks like a circle fest brewing.

Its official, dealer #1 is putting the thumbscrews to me. Im gonna bet they put the nastiest thing in my file they could. Guess its time to go another route. If these dealers are this bad, I dont think I want them near my tractor. I have been around the automotive force, and, I can tell you they are NOT nice people if they dont like you, even in general. No telling what they might toss into my hydraulic reservoir as a parting gift (if they havnt already). Hey, I have seen it done more than once by the lower work force when I too was a tire changer.

P.S. Dealer is more than welcome to make a service call to my property to look at it, if they think I am trying to hide something.

Now now, lets try to stick together. There is enough going on trying to split us up. Though I remember in CCD camp they would split us up between army and navy. Confused me, were on the same team! Guess its been going on a while? The shame..... the shame...... 😯 :)
No ill intent considered here.
I was just being a smart ass.

• Wow

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Blacklisted!!

I"m really getting a sense that your making more of this than it is. :unsure:

KTAC / OICL is an insurance company.
They use the dealers as the evaluation / repair / report entity.
They are not simply going to say " Oh Yes Mr. Orange Power, here are the parts please fix it."
If your having an issue with KTAC / OICL it's because your not doing what they need you to do.
And a dealership has no motivation to black ball you unless you threatened them with someing like sueing them, or threatening other actions with them.
Which it sounds like you might have done in conversations, emails, texts.

I know you've said time and time again I only wanted warranty work done, but one of the issues you were having was not warrant related and needed to be done.

So a mechanic called you to inform you of that.
A mechanic calling you and asking if you want something fixed, and you saying yes do it is an approval for repairs, very common practice, and that repair would not have been covered by any warranty.
I does not need to be a service manager or writer to get approval for repairs.

My advice: Go back into the original dealer talk to the service manager and apologize for the "misunderstanding" and any threats or actions that you said you would do.
Maybe they will get back on task.
If they don't go to the second dealer and have the tractor repaired.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
I"m really getting a sense that your making more of this than it is. :unsure:
I dont think so, but, that is why I am here, talking about it, to make sure you all are keeping me grounded and to second question my actions, and to fully explain, to again, make sure I am NOT making more out of it than needs be.

They use the dealers as the evaluation / repair / report entity. They are not simply going to say " Oh Yes Mr. Orange Power, here are the parts please fix it." If your having an issue with KTAC / OICL it's because your not doing what they need you to do.
I understand that. Here is how it went, and, I am numbering these not that I think someone is stupid, but, to show the steps I took in the order I took them.

1)Since dealer #1 isnt working with me, I wanted to call dealer #2 about warrantee/insurance work to see how they handle it. I still have 1 year to go on powertrain (or something like that), and did mention to the girl on the phone (maybe should not have) I had a squabble with dealer #1 about doing something I didnt ask, that wasnt covered. She said "we would let you know before we do anything". Once I heard how they handle the situation, I said "thanks and have a great day".

2) Well, an insurance claim came along... I really really really need the tractor this summer, I cant afford to let it go out. Thats why I sent it in last Sept, before October, to make sure it was ready for the summer. I ASKED the 2nd dealer if they could do a onsite visit for the insurance report. They said "they would have to charge me $200 (same as a tow I guess) and $200 for the insurance deduction. I said, okay, thats fine.

3) Dealer #2 on 3/21 said "Send me pictures of the damage, tractor from all sides, hour meter and serial number tag". I did this on 3/22 and sent it in. I get a letter from OICL 4/05 asking for me to send the tractor in, damage estimates and pictures as above, and said they contacted the dealer and are awaiting for the info. I forwarded all the emails I sent to the dealer to OICL and asked in email "has the dealer contacted you"? I also sent an email to the dealer on 4/05 asking whats going on, no response. 4/15 I call dealer #2 and catch the service manager answering the phone. I told him who I was and he sounded like the cat swallowing the canary while responding "someone was fielding emails that day, I will check into it". As of 4/20, I have not heard from the dealer or OCIL by email/phone and got a second letter from OICL stating I have 10 days left to make my move.

Please help me with this step if I am doing it wrong. What else am I supposed to do????

And a dealership has no motivation to black ball you unless you threatened them with something like sueing them, or threatening other actions with them. Which it sounds like you might have done in conversations, emails, texts.
Not at all. The only thing I said in the txt, which I was trying to NOT send, was something along the lines of "I dont understand, when I say warrantee or Insurance work only, why doesnt anyone understand that? What do I have to do to get just warrantee and insurance work done?". That was about as spicy as it got on my end. In the same txt, I said I would pay the $160 gas tank bill.

So a mechanic called you to inform you of that. A mechanic calling you and asking if you want something fixed, and you saying yes do it is an approval for repairs, very common practice, and that repair would not have been covered by any warranty.
Thats why I said over and over and over everytime EVERYTIME I talked to them "insurance and warrantee work only" because I KNEW this could happen. Your gonna tell me they cant put it on the work sheet for the mechanic to only check what would be covered, or, figure it out before giving the work order to the mechanic, let the mechanic do the warrantee repairs and service manager tell me whats not covered?

Come on, lol..... And like I said, I told them I will pay the gas tank cleaning, but from here on out "warrantee or Insurance work only", yet again, I was going to take that as a $160 lesson. Dont know what I was gonna do with it because how do you stop someone from doing something if you already tell them no?

My advice: Go back into the original dealer talk to the service manager and apologize for the "misunderstanding" and any threats or actions that you said you would do.
After thier response from the bad txt I sent, I called them, I let the service manager chew me out and then she said "so, were sending your tractor back today, no charge and you will have to go somewhere else.

Well, I cant go somewhere else because they had my tractor in warrantee time and out of warrantee time. So, no warrantee left for me.

I said extremely nicely and humble, cause I messed up on the txt, "why are you sending the tractor back? I just dont understand whats going on, all I want done is whatever is covered under warrantee and or insurance and I keep getting all these bills. I even said I would pay the gas tank cleaning bill.".
She said "Since you dont trust us the tractor will be back at your house end of day". I said can it sit until I talk to the manager? She said "I already discussed it with the manager, and, he is in a meeting (imagine that) and the tractor is going back.".

So, end of dealer #1

Dealer #2 will not respond to my emails or call back and OICL will not respond to my emails. Monday I am going to call OICL and see what other dealers places they will accept an insoection on my tractor. I think next closest is 60 miles away, and, if I remember from looking to buy, thats too far for them to deal with me.

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
This^^^^^^

I don't agree with Lugbolt much of the time. But that is pretty spot on.
That is fine. Keep in mind that a lot of people don't agree with everyone very often either. No one here is perfect and right all of the time. That is why hats come in sizes. Some have larger heads than others, but the size of the brain inside is always the same. It isn't the size that counts, it is how well it is used.

dead.png

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I dont think so, but, that is why I am here, talking about it, to make sure you all are keeping me grounded and to second question my actions, so can fully explain, to, again, make sure I am NOT making more out of it than needs be.

I understand that. Here is how it went, and, I am numbering these not that I think someone is stupid, but, to show the steps I took in the order I took them.

1)Wanted to call dealer #2 about warrantee/insurance work to see how they handle it. I still have 1 year to go on powertrain (or something like that), and did mention to the girl on the phone I had a scuabble with dealer #1 about doing something I didnt ask, that wasnt covered. She said "we would let you know before we do anything. Once I heard how they handle the situation, I said "thanks and have a great day".

2) Well, an insurance claim came along... I really really really need the tractor this summer, I cant afford to let it go out. Thats why I sent it in last Sept, before October, to make sure it was ready for the summer. I ASKED the 2nd dealer if they could do a onsite visit for the insurance report. They said "they would have to charge me the $200 (which would be a tow) and $200 for the insurance deduction. I said, okay, thats fine.

3) Dealer #2 on 3/21 said "Send me pictures of the damage, tractor from all sides, hour meter and serial number tag". I did this on 3/22 and sent it in. I get a letter from OICL 4/05 asking for me to send the tractor in, damage estimates and pictures as above, and said they contacted the dealer and are awaiting for the info. I forwarded all the emails I sent to the dealer and asked in email "has the dealer contacted you"? I also sent an email to the dealer on 4/05 asking whats going on, no response. 4/15 I call and catch the service manager answering the phone. I told him who I was and he sounded like the cat swallowing the canary while answering "someone was fielding emails that day, I will check into it". I have not heard from the dealer and got a second letter from OICL stating I have 10 days left to make my move.

Please help me with this step if I am doing it wrong. What else am I supposed to do????

Not at all. The only thing I said in the txt, which I was trying to NOT send, was something along the lines of "I dont understand, when I say warrantee or Insurance work only, why doesnt anyone understand that? What do I have to do to get just warrantee and insurance work done?". That was about as spicy as it got on my end.

Thats why I said over and over and over everytime EVERYTIME I talked to them "insurance and warrantee work only" becuase I KNEW this could happen. Your gonna tell me they cant put it on the work sheet for the mechanic to only check what would be covered, or, figure it out beofre giving the work order to the mechanic, let the mechanic do the warrantee repairs and service manager tell me whats not covered?

Come one..... And like I said, I told them I will pay the gas tank cleaning, but from here on out "warrantee or Insurance work only", yet again, I was going to take that as a $160 lesson. Dont know what I was gonna do with it because how do you stop someone from doing something if you already tell them no?

After the responce from the bad txt I send I called them, I let the service manager chew me out and then she said "so, were sending your tractor back today, no charge and you will have to go somewhere else.

Well, I cant go somewhere else because they had my tractor in warrantee time and out of warrantee time. So, no warrantee left for me.

I said "why are you sending the tractor back? I dont understand whats going on, all I want done is whatever is covered under warrantee and or insurance, thats all, and, I said I would pay the gas tank cleaning bill.". She said "Since you dont trust us the tractor will be back at your house end of day". I said can it sit until I talk to the manager? She said "I already discussed it with the manager, and, he is in a meeting (imagine that) and the tractor is going back.".

So, end of dealer #1

Dealer #2 will not respond to my emails or call back and OICL will not respond to my emails. Monday I am going to call OICL and see what other dealers places they will accept an insoection on my tractor. I think next closest is 60 miles away, and, if I remember from looking to buy, thats too far for them to deal with me.
I feel for you, and just don't know what I would do in this situation either.
A "circular firing squad"!

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
At this point, since your warranty expired after the first dealer started working on the tractor, I think you have three options.
1) Try to work with Kubota to get them to help solve the problem. I don't know what the options will be, but most likely they will require dealer number one to do the work you originally asked them to do and they should do it under warranty.
2) If option 1 fails then you need to talk with an attorney.
3) Worst case, you take the tractor to another dealer and pay out of pocket.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
I feel for you, and just don't know what I would do in this situation either.
A "circular firing squad"!
Just the way my world goes, I am used to it. It will get worked out one way or the other in the end.

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
At this point, since your warranty expired after the first dealer started working on the tractor, I think you have three options.
1) Try to work with Kubota to get them to help solve the problem. I don't know what the options will be, but most likely they will require dealer number one to do the work you originally asked them to do and they should do it under warranty.
2) If option 1 fails then you need to talk with an attorney.
3) Worst case, you take the tractor to another dealer and pay out of pocket.

Yea, I think Dealer is gonna stonewall until OCIL files my claim under abandonment and I will need to talk to Kubota next.

Also have to check the contract, might be something in there about Arbitration, which would suk! Navigating the courts gives more flexible freedom. Will also have to check into some caselaw to see what others have gotten for verdicts on the same subject/type of issue. Not that it would matter. When I sued my lawyer, I threw duplicate case law at the judge and he said it was moot. How can it be moot if it is for the exact same thing I am claiming, lol??? Well, I know how, but thats what happens when you dont have drinks at the bar with the other buddies 🙄 .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea, I think Dealer is gonna stonewall until OCIL files my claim under abandonment and I will need to talk to Kubota next.

Also have to check the contract, might be something in there about Arbitration, which would suk! Navigating the courts gives more flexible freedom. Will also have to check into some caselaw to see what others have gotten for verdicts on the same subject/type of issue. Not that it would matter. When I sued my lawyer, I threw duplicate case law at the judge and he said it was moot. How can it be moot if it is for the exact same thing I am claiming, lol??? Well, I know how, but thats what happens when you dont have drinks at the bar with the other buddies 🙄 .
I have never heard of anyone having the issues your having with KTAC / OCIL.
I think by several of your statements I've made up my mind where this has been going.

Reactions: 2 users

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
I have never heard of anyone having the issues your having with KTAC / OCIL.
I think by several of your statements I've made up my mind where this has been going.
Its not OCIL per say, they are waiting on the dealer, which is blowing me off, but, OCIL not responding to my emails? Dealer #1 must have done some serious talking to both partys (dealer #2, OCIL and god knows who else), is my only guess.

Only thing I can do now is try to contact OCIL by phone on Monday to see what options they will work with me on.

P.S. I have not said, thought or looked into anything other than dealer #1, dealer #2 and OCIL. As of 4/20, it is the first mention of anything else. I cant just sit around and wait forever, unless I need to give it another week?

Last edited:

OrangePower

Equipment
Sep 15, 2021
VA
On a side note, I think this site has a virus or some seriously bad code running. It is locking up Mozilla and when I switched to Opera, it is doing the same.

Anyone else have issues?