Fiddle farting around on the farm.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Less than 5 miles from the farm.
Some dumbass lost 3 bales, native grass, no stickers. I'm gonna need to find someone to drive my truck and trailer if I'm gonna recover these bales.

View attachment 117644
An early bird got the worm and it wasn't me. After hunting this morning, drove down and all the hay is gone, maybe 1/3rd of a bale left.

Thats OK, cause I had ended helping my neighbors ranch hand get the last remaining wild cows over to a neighboring property. That other neighbor has much better built pins/corral to trap them in. So next Wednesday or the next following Wednesday, were gonna attempt to get them trapped even more, then loaded and off to auction. I only plan to work chute and trailer gates, I have had my fair share of being a rodeo clown already with what's left of this wild herd.
20231208_111531.jpg

Last edited:

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
An early bird got the worm and it wasn't me. After hunting this morning, drove down and all the hay is gone, maybe 1/3rd of a bale left.

Thats OK, cause I had ended helping my neighbors ranch hand get the last remaining wild cows over to a neighboring property. That other neighbor has much better built pins/corral to trap them in. So next Wednesday or the next following Wednesday, were gonna attempt to get them trapped even more, then loaded and off to auction. I only plan to work chute and trailer gates, I have had my fair share of being a rodeo clown already with what's left of this wild herd.
View attachment 117697
Wild, as in they don’t belong to anyone? Or wild, as in they don’t get an “Good Morning” kiss, like your’s do?😜

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Wild, as in they don’t belong to anyone? Or wild, as in they don’t get an “Good Morning” kiss, like your’s do?😜
They been lacking on the kisses.
They belong to my neighbor. They hadn'thadn't been cared for like they should have, but no fault to her. Her husband passed away earlier this year from cancer and he kinda quit caring for the herd for the past 2 plus years cause of his health. The ranch hand had 5 other herds and duties to care for. We started working this herd this past February. When we first started working the herd and pulling old calves off and any cows that were charging at us, the cows/calves would run through fences!! They are bat shit crazy. This is the second attempt of corraling them on they neighbors pens. They broke out and went back to her lease last time. The neighbor next to that lease has been super cool, he put in some of his cows, in hopes the wild herd follows them into the smaller pastures then corral/pens.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
The wild herd and 2 of the neighbors cows have escaped and returned back to the lease property, lol.
You have quite the challenge on your hands. If food will not tame them ……

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You're going to have to get some real cowboys with horses and a couple of 30' trailers with 3 or 4 divider gates to get them loaded and hauled.

• Haha

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
They been lacking on the kisses.
They belong to my neighbor. They hadn'thadn't been cared for like they should have, but no fault to her. Her husband passed away earlier this year from cancer and he kinda quit caring for the herd for the past 2 plus years cause of his health. The ranch hand had 5 other herds and duties to care for. We started working this herd this past February. When we first started working the herd and pulling old calves off and any cows that were charging at us, the cows/calves would run through fences!! They are bat shit crazy. This is the second attempt of corraling them on they neighbors pens. They broke out and went back to her lease last time. The neighbor next to that lease has been super cool, he put in some of his cows, in hopes the wild herd follows them into the smaller pastures then corral/pens.
That ought to liven things up at the auction barn! I only remember having one wild one. You could look in her eyes and tell something wasn't right.

• Haha

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
You're going to have to get some real cowboys with horses and a couple of 30' trailers with 3 or 4 divider gates to get them loaded and hauled.
Haha real cowboys, the horses and riders would need to wear a suit of armor with the South Texas brush. The ranch hand has his own horses and he knows better.

I suggested that he installs temp metal panels in the entire existing corral, cut off existing water troughs and the move water source to the smaller corral with the squeeze chute.
I highly doubt the cows will make it to this Thursdays auction.

I have zero interest in putting myself at risk for injury/death in helping out with these cows. Not my rodeo.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
You have quite the challenge on your hands. If food will not tame them ……
I'm just tring to help my neighbor out.

The cows will eventually get trapped, it's gonna take some time & patience.
I can guarantee I won't be the one in the corral this time pushing them into the squeeze chute, lol

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Went up to SA today and went onto base, stopped off at the Class 6 and found it!
20231218_130041.jpg

And $143 later and bringin home my own Christmas presents, lol
20231218_131333.jpg