B7000 owners wanted

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I just bought a B7000 4WD which will be delivered today. I'm looking for ANY info/help/suggestions on use and operation. I'm dying to get some seat time!

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Maybe the mods can move this to the Gray/Zennoh forum? Thanks in advance. Love this site!

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Actually finding the manuals for a grey market are next to impossible. They have been out of print, and if you happen to find one, good luck reading it:rolleyes: bought the closest thing to get would be to search this site for the grey market equivalent and then check out www.kubotabooks.com or www.kubota.servicemanualvault.com for the parts, owners and service manuals for the north american model. Will at least get you in the ball park for your tractor. Just bear in mind that some parts and features are different with the greys:D

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Thanks for the input. I've checked both of those sites in addition to MANY others with no luck for my tractor :( Will keep searching.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Thanks for the input. I've checked both of those sites in addition to MANY others with no luck for my tractor :( Will keep searching.
Like Darren said....... don't look for your tractor model..... look for the US equivalent (closest too). will not be same model signature. If you have not done so yet Pop over and search the Grey Tractor section and see if someone has already discussed a US equivalent to your tractor. If not suggest ya start a thread on such.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If you can check the id tag on your tractor. Should be on the left hand side as your sitting on it. Should be around the clutch pedal. Should list serial number, horse power, engine model. That would help us out to be able to see what would be the closest match. If it has the z750a motor, i have a parts list for the motor.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
If you can check the id tag on your tractor. Should be on the left hand side as your sitting on it. Should be around the clutch pedal. Should list serial number, horse power, engine model. That would help us out to be able to see what would be the closest match. If it has the z750a motor, i have a parts list for the motor.
I.D. plate in front of the shifter says it's a Z650.

I'm wondering how I check the rear differential and hydraulic fluid levels.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Drawing a blank as well on your motor, and manuals. Looks like the b7000 was the only one built with that engine.

As for your tranny fluid. Check on the side of the transmission by the clutch pedal. Should have a plug thats painted orange. The plug is for your fluid level. Just fill the transmission while the plug is removed. Once fluid starts to run out the opening, your at the proper level.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
My trans has a small dipstick next to the shifter. What I need is info on checking the rear-end and also the hydraulic levels.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Actually finding the manuals for a grey market are next to impossible. They have been out of print, and if you happen to find one, good luck reading it:rolleyes: bought the closest thing to get would be to search this site for the grey market equivalent and then check out www.kubotabooks.com or www.kubota.servicemanualvault.com for the parts, owners and service manuals for the north american model. Will at least get you in the ball park for your tractor. Just bear in mind that some parts and features are different with the greys:D
I would save my money and get a real manual, the one I got from servicemanualvault.com had missing pages and was of very poor print.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My trans has a small dipstick next to the shifter. What I need is info on checking the rear-end and also the hydraulic levels.
That dipstick is the reading for the trans, rear end and both of them make up the reservoir (sump) for the hydraulic system.
So bring that level up on the stick and all will be right.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I would save my money and get a real manual, the one I got from servicemanualvault.com had missing pages and was of very poor print.

It is my understanding that because my tractor is a JDM model any manual will be in Japanese. I will keep looking for a good quality parts manual that I can show the local Kubota dealers.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
That dipstick is the reading for the trans, rear end and both of them make up the reservoir (sump) for the hydraulic system.
So bring that level up on the stick and all will be right.

THANKS Wolfman! That saves me a lot of searching. :) I've read on other posts about a sightglass and other things but didn't realize everything on the tractor was one unit.

So I just fill it up with 90W? I'm not used to a hydraulic system using gear oil.

Last edited:

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Spent all morning reading old threads (kept me from yard work!) and read somewhere about adjusting the lift on the 3PH. Something about a yellow bolt under the seat. Found an orange one and now I'm wondering about its use. I'm from the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" school so didn't want to play with it until I checked around. Any help would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The only thing that adjustment (bolt) does is change the three points drop speed.
So yes leave it alone. ;)

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
It took a week and daily applications of WD-40 and light taps with a tiny nylon hammer to get the zerks freed up so I could apply some much-needed grease. From the looks of things I'll be buying a parts book very soon! Bad seals everywhere!

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Been searching nearly everywhere for info on adding a tach/hour meter to my B7000. Can't imagine how Kubota expects owners to do a proper service unless the operator carries a stopwatch or how to properly operate PTO equipment without a tach? I've been to the Tinytach site, anyone here using one? What are my alternatives?

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Still searching for a good paper, NOT PDF copy.