What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Cleanup of all the broken limbs/sticks when the trees came down yesterday and exploded. I used the landscape rake on the mess. Easy-peasy.

Lit the pile up and threw on some stumps for good measure...

Burn 1.JPG

Burn 2.JPG

Reactions: 8 users

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Congratulations. Is it new purchase or just paid off? What do you plan to do with the place now (anything new?)?
Thanks!

Just paid off. My wife and I purchased it back in Jan. 2019 after we got the last of three through college. Previous owner used the open acreage for hay production. We’ve been slowly returning it back to nature under wildlife management.

Anything new? Met with the custom home builder today. 😳 It will be a weekend home - no plans to retire there at the moment. But, that is still about 5 years out .

Reactions: 2 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Thanks!

Just paid off. My wife and I purchased it back in Jan. 2019 after we got the last of three through college. Previous owner used the open acreage for hay production. We’ve been slowly returning it back to nature under wildlife management.

Anything new? Met with the custom home builder today. 😳 It will be a weekend home - no plans to retire there at the moment. But, that is still about 5 years out .
Awesome! And Congrats.
Where is this place near?

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Had to relocate my bucking station... forks and straps come in handy
Nice…would you mind sharing a few more pics of the bucking station? I am thinking about building one and would like to steal some ideas.

Do you set it directly on the ground or does it have some legs not in the pic?
☕

lerxstland

Equipment
MX5400 , New Holland 4630, LP BoxBlade, land plane, Grapple, rake, rear blade,
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
Nice…would you mind sharing a few more pics of the bucking station? I am thinking about building one and would like to steal some ideas.

Do you set it directly on the ground or does it have some legs not in the pic?
☕
I'll go out and take a pic here in just a bit. It's not fancy, just sits on top of pallets so that I'm cutting right at waist height.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Terrible day cleaning up one of the pastures preparing it for a fall harrow. The Minister of Finances wanted some seat time and I couldn't find a reason to fire up the M7060. :mad:
gale mowing.jpg
gale mowing3.jpg
gale mowing2.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Reactions: 2 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I wanted to put some suitcase weights on the L3010 when I used the crane in the rear. The only reasonable deal I could find (relatively speaking) that would give me a couple hundred pounds were JD 70 pounders. They fit on the stock L3010 weight rack if I trimmed a little off the mount fingers. The only negative that I can see is that I loose a couple inches of ground clearance. But there may be things I don't see ?? Never ran weights before. I like the fact that they are low but I could raise them if I modified the rack bringing it up and forward to be clear of loader brace grill tube. Comments ??

P1000179.JPG

P1000180.JPG

gg

Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Unloaded a bunch of steel donated by my son-in-law from a demolition job he’s doing. Grapples are the cat’s pajamas for unloading 18’ of telescope box beam made from 6” and 5” tubes. The 18’ is with them collapsed fully, so effectively I was lifting 18 feet of 6” square tube with a 1” wall. Only the largest piece made the LX want to tippy toes a little but I didn’t have any ballast other than the loaded rear tires.

I can now build the lean-to sheds for firewood, lumber, and tractor implements/attachments. Whacked the left rear taillight on my trailer with the first piece while I was figuring out the best wiggle to put ‘em where I want them for temporary storage. Got about 20’ of 2” tube with 5/16 wall, at least 30’ of 3”, upwards of 50’ each of 4”,5” and 6”as well. Got plenty for lots of projects which may include a sawmill shed. Might use some of the 6” foundations for the sawmill (when I make up my mind about what I want). I see an oxy-acetylene torch rig in my future.

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Unloaded a bunch of steel donated by my son-in-law from a demolition job he’s doing. Grapples are the cat’s pajamas for unloading 18’ of telescope box beam made from 6” and 5” tubes. The 18’ is with them collapsed fully, so effectively I was lifting 18 feet of 6” square tube with a 1” wall. Only the largest piece made the LX want to tippy toes a little but I didn’t have any ballast other than the loaded rear tires.

I can now build the lean-to sheds for firewood, lumber, and tractor implements/attachments. Whacked the left rear taillight on my trailer with the first piece while I was figuring out the best wiggle to put ‘em where I want them for temporary storage. Got about 20’ of 2” tube with 5/16 wall, at least 30’ of 3”, upwards of 50’ each of 4”,5” and 6”as well. Got plenty for lots of projects which may include a sawmill shed. Might use some of the 6” foundations for the sawmill (when I make up my mind about what I want). I see an oxy-acetylene torch rig in my future.
Maybe plasma cutter instead?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Maybe plasma cutter instead?
Need a lot more air compressor than I have for that. The torch rig would be a little more portable and versatile, imo. I learned soldering,?brazing and torch welding in high school vo-ag class, but I’ve blinked a couple times since I graduated (1976). Might have killed a couple brain cells along the way, too.

A plasma cutter ain’t outta the question, though. I’ve collected a lot of big-boy toys in the past 5 years, and all it took was a bit of remodeling to make the missus happy. I even have her blessing for a landscape rake and a sawmill. Must be doin something right.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Need a lot more air compressor than I have for that. The torch rig would be a little more portable and versatile, imo. I learned soldering,?brazing and torch welding in high school vo-ag class, but I’ve blinked a couple times since I graduated (1976). Might have killed a couple brain cells along the way, too.

A plasma cutter ain’t outta the question, though. I’ve collected a lot of big-boy toys in the past 5 years, and all it took was a bit of remodeling to make the missus happy. I even have her blessing for a landscape rake and a sawmill. Must be doin something right.
I have plenty pf compressed air (20 CFM @175 psi), but I also have too much age now to use it.
Graduated from HS in 1958.

Last edited:

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Guilty- no pictures. But we yarded trees with the L260. It gets around good in the woods and pulls good for its size. Have to not get to greedy with a light frontend.

Reactions: 1 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Guilty- no pictures. But we yarded trees with the L260. It gets around good in the woods and pulls good for its size. Have to not get to greedy with a light frontend.
The L260 is a nice tractor. I have a neighbor who has one. He uses it for firewood also.

gg