have seen/heard that, and yes it was really dry last year, and we had some climate change days this winter…but they say the same thing every year just like hurricane seasonAre you seeing any evidence of that?
Best food ever was when I worked with the U.S. Forest Circus (err... Oops, Service) in Pineville. Crawfish boils were spectacular!!!...Only had your crawfish few times...
Sheepfarmer tell me more about this water thing you haveI was looking at that smoked brisket above with the thermometer in it, and I decided that my little sous vide gadget that clips onto a pot of water was a poor man's smoker. I ran across a recipe that turns chuck roast into prime rib with no additional browning or dirty pans. Take raw roast and cover with a tablespoon or so of Better than Bouillon (the secret weapon) , sprinkle liberally with Montreal Steak seasoning or rub of your choice, put in a plastic bag and remove air. Submerge in water and set temperature for doneness of choice, eg 136 or so for medium rare. Leave in for 24 hours. Remove and pat dry and serve. Yum! Melt in your mouth tender. No picture, it's down to the bone.
The kind I have is an Anova model 500-10. There are lots of kinds, but I didn't particularly want to run mine off my phone. This one has on off, time, and temperature controls, all I need. I got mine at a local kitchen shop for about $100.Sheepfarmer tell me more about this water thing you have
Sheepfarmer tell me more about this water thing you have
I was looking at that smoked brisket above with the thermometer in it, and I decided that my little sous vide gadget that clips onto a pot of water was a poor man's smoker. I ran across a recipe that turns chuck roast into prime rib with no additional browning or dirty pans. Take raw roast and cover with a tablespoon or so of Better than Bouillon (the secret weapon) , sprinkle liberally with Montreal Steak seasoning or rub of your choice, put in a plastic bag and remove air. Submerge in water and set temperature for doneness of choice, eg 136 or so for medium rare. Leave in for 24 hours. Remove and pat dry and serve. Yum! Melt in your mouth tender. No picture, it's down to the bone.
Very interesting, may I suggest to add some Figaro mesquite/hickory liquad smoke. The Figaro is one of better brands to use, IMO. I've tried 6 or 7 others with my homemade jerky.The kind I have is an Anova model 500-10. There are lots of kinds, but I didn't particularly want to run mine off my phone. This one has on off, time, and temperature controls, all I need. I got mine at a local kitchen shop for about $100.
View attachment 122920
Thank you I was wondering about trying a little liquid smoke. I have a brisket in the freezer, but too big for the sous vide. Need to find someone with a smoker nearby.Very interesting, may I suggest to add some Figaro mesquite/hickory liquad smoke. The Figaro is one of better brands to use, IMO. I've tried 6 or 7 others with my homemade jerky.
That brisket you saw was on a pellet smoker for about 11 hours, then self cooked when removed from smoker and placed inside ice cooler for another 90mins. It's really hard to duplicate a true smoked meat taste.
Dang, I sure would like try that method of water cooking.
A little bit of that liquid smoke goes a long way. I would stick to a lesser amount for your first try.Thank you I was wondering about trying a little liquid smoke. I have a brisket in the freezer, but too big for the sous vide. Need to find someone with a smoker nearby.
The sous vide is pretty easy, lots of recipes giving Temps, times, etc. Most call for a quick sear after it is done. Adds to the flavor.
It is a combined heating element and water circulator. The pot is one I happened to have. Any container that is deep enough to cover the device will work. I use clothes pins to fasten ziploc bags to the edge and keep the meat submerged. Or you can weight it down with something. They sell special containers, but not really necessary.So it is a heating element that heats the water to a low temp, is that pot part of it or can you use any container ?