What's cookin' boys?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I made spagitti sauce and meat balls yesterday after I got done mucking about out side. Made way to many meat balls for the sauce. Browned them up and let them finish cooking in the sauce as it simmered for a couple hours. Ate some angle hair pasty with all the fixings, about 23:00 and it was good ,,heart burn all night but it was worth it :)

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Wife and I visited my family near Wisconsin Dells. 4 hr drive for us. Saw mom, she's on her way out. Sad stuff. But anyway...

Had tomahawk steaks on my sister and brother in laws pellet stove, (Treager), then seared over the BBQ. Sis and her man like em' raw and still kicking. Had to cook mine further. Medium please. But excellent, none-the-less.

Our pooch Beau loved the bones the next day!

20230915_123112.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not stereotyping, but weren’t mid-westerners normally known as eating steak medium-to-well done? 🤔

Used to kill me to do a 16oz. Filet Mignon WELL in my restaurant days. 🔥🤬

I’m typically rare-medium rare. Medium is too much. “Blue” as we used to call it isn’t cooked enough in my book.

So sorry to hear about your mom….both my parents are having issues. In-laws are both gone. It’s tough.

Last edited:

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Not stereotyping, but weren’t mid-westerners normally known as eating steak medium-to-well done? 🤔

I’m typically rare-medium rare. Medium is too much. “Blue” as we used to call it isn’t cooked enough in my book.

Sorry to hear about your mom….both my parents are having issues. In-laws are both gone. It’s tough.
Yeah, my bro in law and sis like them blue and bloody. Raw meat texture. But I don't eat sushimi either. They do.

I'm not a Well Done man, but Medium.

Texture is king for me. And some charred flavor. Not beef jerky, but not raw either.

As for mom, Thank you!

Mom will go to the next life soon. Sooner than later is our families' prayer. Demesia. 3 years now. It's a sad process. Doc says she's at the 'end of life' process. She sleeps for several days. Has to be fed. Does't eat much. Always tired. Can't move anything except her hands and open her eyes.
When awake, her eyes don't focus, and are hazy. Like a newborn. Voice incoherent, soft. She's going out, as we all came in.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bruschetta chicken with zoodles and pasta.
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yeah, my bro in law and sis like them blue and bloody. Raw meat texture. But I don't eat sushimi either. They do.

I'm not a Well Done man, but Medium.

Texture is king for me. And some charred flavor. Not beef jerky, but not raw either.

As for mom, Thank you!

Mom will go to the next life soon. Sooner than later is our families' prayer. Demesia. 3 years now. It's a sad process. Doc says she's at the 'end of life' process. She sleeps for several days. Has to be fed. Does't eat much. Always tired. Can't move anything except her hands and open her eyes.
When awake, her eyes don't focus, and are hazy. Like a newborn. Voice incoherent, soft. She's going out, as we all came in.
No personal experience, but know way too many friends dealing with dementia.

Some family members; some of my elderly friends have contended with it. Awful illness.

My heart feels for you….

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin

True, mid-westerners typically like Well in my experience.

But my sister and brother-in-law are heavy into the "high end" foody thing. They now like Rare....For meat cooking.
IMO, it's a bit pretentious of them, but they either like it or it's an act of status in thier mind. Whatever floats thier boat.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Nothing cooking today,, had a tooth yanked out and cant eat stuff yet,, Though I did butcher up a bunch of tomatoes in the freezer for winter

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kind of imitation chicken parmigiana.

Reheat a couple leftover chicken breasts with fresh-made marinara topped with Romano and mozzarella cheeses.

They’ll go with some homemade paparadelle pasta (just wide flat noodles) and more fresh sauce.

We’re getting close to frost, so using up tomatoes and herbs from our little garden.

Sauce is just getting started. .

IMG_6112.jpeg

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Kind of imitation chicken parmigiana.

Reheat a couple leftover chicken breasts with fresh-made marinara topped with Romano and mozzarella cheeses.

They’ll go with some homemade paparadelle pasta (just wide flat noodles) and more fresh sauce.

We’re getting close to frost, so using up tomatoes and herbs from our little garden.

Sauce is just getting started. .

View attachment 112453
That’s what my wife requested for dinner as well 😆