What's cookin' boys?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It can’t decide if it wants to rain or not here (will take all we can get!)

Just doing tenderloins here. I cut and hammered out thousands of these working in the restaurant.

View attachment 110765
Stupid questions.

Pork tenderloin cutlets breaded and fried? Do you call them Wienerschnitzel (traditional is veal, but pork is used a lot...)? Or is it something southern?

Do you make your own onion rings? Something I've never done well. There's some store-bought "Steak Cut" a lot better for $5 a bag...

For what it’s worth….I’ve probably used thousands of pounds of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt….😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
IMG_4575.JPG

A Grandson and his buddies have been having good luck catching 40-60 lb Catfish so tonight....
IMG_4596.JPG

We set our chops in some 42# deep fried filets. Mighty fine with smashed taters & green beans !!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Stupid questions.

Pork tenderloin cutlets breaded and fried? Do you call them Wienerschnitzel (traditional is veal, but pork is used a lot...)? Or is it something southern?

Do you make your own onion rings? Something I've never done well. There's some store-bought "Steak Cut" a lot better for $5 a bag...

For what it’s worth….I’ve probably used thousands of pounds of Lawry’s Seasoned Salt….😉
It’s actually more of a midwestern thing (hell maybe even just an Illinois thing 🤣 can’t remember if they did em in Wisconsin when I lived there). This was the local go to place for them when I was growing up

DC683F87-7BD1-484D-A88C-49537600FF4F.jpeg

They used to have a whole or a half, what’s pictured looks like the half 😂 the whole would be bigger then the plate.

And yep, just pork tenderloin, hammered super thin, battered and fried. We did ours in the air fryer. They are pretty common bar/grill fare back where I grew up.

I usually do make my own onion rings, but sadly those last night were bought. Not sure what issues you have making them, but mine used to be getting the batter to stay on when putting them in the oil. What I started was taking the cut up rings, give em a light coat of flour, then throw them in the freezer for an hour or so before you cook em. Then batter em up (I do wet beer batter) and toss em in. Not sure what exactly doing that does, but it works! 😂

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
1FCA07DB-13EB-45B5-83AD-C26D195168BB.jpeg

Sons birthday so he chose tenders for dinner 😂

He would have loved that catfish dinner over at magics tho too 😂

• Love

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I didn't think to take a picture with the platter in the background.

Tomorrow I will have a fish sammich for lunch. ;)

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I usually do make my own onion rings, but sadly those last night were bought. Not sure what issues you have making them, but mine used to be getting the batter to stay on when putting them in the oil. What I started was taking the cut up rings, give em a light coat of flour, then throw them in the freezer for an hour or so before you cook em. Then batter em up (I do wet beer batter) and toss em in. Not sure what exactly doing that does, but it works! 😂
I've never frozen them, but have dusted with flour and corn starch years ago. Might be worth another try.

While I've done 1,000's of pounds of fried haddock in beer batter, never cared for a beer batter on OR's. Just my taste. That said, have bought pre-made battered OR products.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Tomato plant has produced enough we can do something with.

Making a fresh sauce with basil, oregano, and parsely from our planter boxes....

Will be good on linguini fini....

IMG_6081.jpeg

IMG_6082.jpeg

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Not a friggin clue what’s in those tacos, but dayum that looks delicious! 😋

I’ll take two orders, to go….at 1,800+ miles, might take me some time to pick up….😉
LOL, they were very tasty venison street tacos!