What's cookin' boys?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Cooling off down to the low 40's at night. Perfect weather for chili and corn bread. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Mixed up a batch of chili this morning and have it slow cooking in the crock pot ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Philadelphia Cheesesteak on a Philadelphia Pretzel, Honey where's my heart meds :love:

View attachment 113031
Ed - - Looks awesome!

One of our daughters has lived in Old City Philly for 9 years.

She and my former SIL lived over a Cheesesteak Restaurant for years - - apparently their's weren't so good, so never tried them.

Walked by two of the most famous cheesesteak places in Philly multiple times.

Wish I could remember the names - - they're next door or across the street from each other.

Never had a REAL Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.

Not my favorite. Love all the ingredients, just not altogether.

Oddly, I don't care for any of the ingredients in a Reuben, but love Reuben sandwiches....go figure.... :rolleyes:

I spent too much time in Reading Terminal shopping for some really cool stuff we could never get up here in the sticks of upstate New York.....

We'd buy a bunch of stuff and I'd cook it in their apartment.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Ed - - Looks awesome!

One of our daughters has lived in Old City Philly for 9 years.

She and my former SIL lived over a Cheesesteak Restaurant for years - - apparently their's weren't so good, so never tried them.

Walked by two of the most famous cheesesteak places in Philly multiple times.

Wish I could remember the names - - they're next door or across the street from each other.

Never had a REAL Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich.

Not my favorite. Love all the ingredients, just not altogether.

Oddly, I don't care for any of the ingredients in a Reuben, but love Reuben sandwiches....go figure.... :rolleyes:

I spent too much time in Reading Terminal shopping for some really cool stuff we could never get up here in the sticks of upstate New York.....

We'd buy a bunch of stuff and I'd cook it in their apartment.
I think I'd like the soft pretzel but even though I love cheese steak subs Philly cheese steaks were never my favorite no matter where I bought them from my grandma's good old PA dutch cheese steaks were the best and I try my best to duplicate them when we make them I'd never say mine are as good as hers were but we like them better then any we buy out.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Fixins for chicken fajitas.

Posted them before. Not really fajitas, but Iโ€™m the cook so I can call it whatever I want, right?!?.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹

At least I donโ€™t call it tetrazziniโ€ฆ๐Ÿง๐Ÿค“

Whatever it is, itโ€™s great on a tortilla!

IMG_6158.jpeg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I would normally brown the chicken pieces much more.

Too much in the pan is a rookie mistake. Brown chicken before veggies hit the pool so theyโ€™re not overcooked.

It tastes really goodโ€ฆ

IMG_6160.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
May he rest in peace, my old French Chef buddy Francois would say โ€œLOOK....it looks like itโ€™s been eaten alreadyโ€ฆโ€.๐Ÿ˜œ

Beef Barbacoa will go in a slow cooker for 8 hours tomorrow. Great on a tortilla with some cheddar cheese, sliced radish and fresh cilantroโ€ฆโ€ฆsome hot sauce of your choosing tooโ€ฆ

IMG_6163.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I had to make a trip to M&L Engine today which is in South Louisiana close to Houma.
IMG_4714.JPG

I loaded the sawmill engine up and headed home and as luck would have it......
IMG_4715.JPG

lunch time put me a Middendorf's Restaurant. Yup, got me a big ole Bowl of Gumbo.

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My neighbor dairyman/ maple producer that taps my trees also sells pumpkins and squash in his front yard.

This is one of his $3 butternuts. @$1.49/# in the grocery store would cost about $10.

I got 3 of them for $9. Other 2 will keep well for a long while.

Will go great with turkey mashed taters and gravyโ€ฆ..

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6170.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Put up a 40# case of boneless skinless chicken breasts. $83.00 from Amish Grocery. This is the second half.

The bigger vacuum sealer is good for this kind of thing. Done in no time.

View attachment 112861
I could use some neighbors with chickens available like that!

I am on my high horse and boycotting commercially raised and processed chicken, e.g. Tyson Purdue etc. Turns out they have been using illegal immigrant CHILDREN to clean the processing equipment at night. They have to go to school so they are sleep deprived and like most 13 or 14 year olds not totally focused. Lots of injuries, one kid got his arm crushed because another kid turned the piece of equipment on. They are using toxic chemicals and get burns.Contractors supply the kids with fake papers for a price and the kids just want to send money home to Venezuela to their parents to pay back the $6000 or so that it cost to get them across the border. So in essence these companies are supporting illegal immigration with a form of indentured slavery.

I can't do much about most of these big problems but I don't need to buy their product.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
While this is leftovers, best beef Barbacoa tortilla Iโ€™ve had todayโ€ฆ

Put some hot taco sauce on before I rolled it up.

IMG_6177.jpeg

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We had chicken tortellini soup with some great crusty Italian bread last nightโ€ฆ.๐Ÿ˜‹

No pics; youโ€™ll have to take my word for it..๐Ÿ˜‰

Probably posted pictures before. Maybe recipe too. Good stuff.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Broiled haddock, broccoli, spaghetti squash and rice here tonight.

IMG_6180.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Leftover chicken tortellini soupโ€ฆ

IMG_6181.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Leftover chicken tortellini soupโ€ฆ

View attachment 114512
Iโ€™ve probably mentioned before, but growing up with my grandparents, one of the things grandma was known for was her homemade โ€œravsโ€ (even supplied a couple restaurants for a while) They were tortellini but we called em ravs. All by hand. I wish that pasta roller she had had an odometer to see how many miles of pasta she put through it ๐Ÿ˜‚. She would cover two tables at a time with the pasta, cut the little squares, I would dab on the filling and she would come back and twist them all up, then I would bag em up ๐Ÿ˜

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Iโ€™ve probably mentioned before, but growing up with my grandparents, one of the things grandma was known for was her homemade โ€œravsโ€ (even supplied a couple restaurants for a while) They were tortellini but we called em ravs. All by hand. I wish that pasta roller she had had an odometer to see how many miles of pasta she put through it ๐Ÿ˜‚. She would cover two tables at a time with the pasta, cut the little squares, I would dab on the filling and she would come back and twist them all up, then I would bag em up ๐Ÿ˜
Wow - she probably made a lot of ravs if she was supplying restaurants.

Iโ€™ve seen tortellini rolled/shaped on television. Not a simple task. Takes lots of practice. Lot of steps to make them. Gives you an appreciation of the work involved if you buy a package in the store.