Just the beginning, like it or not

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The federal system isn’t designed for cross department coordination.
There are plenty of examples of coordination in spite of what you think the "design" is. All it takes is for people to talk. A lot of examples have come out in the twitter files.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
There are plenty of examples of coordination in spite of what you think the "design" is. All it takes is for people to talk. A lot of examples have come out in the twitter files.
Um. Twitter. Ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
As a 31 year federal employee I always chuckle when I hear about wide ranging government conspiracies. In order for that to be possible, different agencies and departments need to be able to closely coordinate. The federal system isn’t designed for cross department coordination. We would be incapable of such a thing. And although that sounds incompetent or inefficient, it’s a good thing for the country. When it comes down to it, this country is run by lots of different people with different perspectives. And this may be messy but it’s the opposite of an authoritarian state.
As a former state government employee, I 100% agree. No two departments could coordinate or communicate effectively - not even with civil service for hiring and firing.

Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
As a 31 year federal employee I always chuckle when I hear about wide ranging government conspiracies. In order for that to be possible, different agencies and departments need to be able to closely coordinate. The federal system isn’t designed for cross department coordination. We would be incapable of such a thing. And although that sounds incompetent or inefficient, it’s a good thing for the country. When it comes down to it, this country is run by lots of different people with different perspectives. And this may be messy but it’s the opposite of an authoritarian state.

I don’t need to justify my career to anyone on here. I’m a professional forester and I would challenge anyone here to see if it’s work to spend weeks on end sleeping in the dirt and doing wildland fire suppression. Or to lay out timber sale units. Every day is a picnic in the woods. Right? 😉
Again.....sarcasm lost on folks at OTT.....sigh...
Every day in the woods may be a picnic depending on which side of the wire you wake up on.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
As a former state government employee, I 100% agree. No two departments could coordinate or communicate effectively - not even with civil service for hiring and firing.
This is getting comical.
Feral gubermemt conspiracies too complex for the guberment?!? Lol! I was going to abstain but.....
Russian collusion? Wire taps on Trump hotel? Gulf of Tonkin? Dead babies? MK-Ultra?
Yeah, sure..... it's totally impossible for agencies to pull it off.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Willabe

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 9, 2021
well they are a 'green' company.........

as for the battery powered excavator...
hahahahaha....
let's SEE one in the REAL WORLD and SEE what it costs to recharge the batteries !
Sounds a lot like a friend of mine that bad-mouthed solar irrigation intake pumps and swore it wouldn't ever make sense to switch from his diesel units. After a couple years seeing other farms adapt, he started to switch to mostly solar (a few intakes are too shaded for the solar systems to be viable). The solar pump stations are more expensive to install and less flexible, but cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, and so-far cheaper to maintain. The only issue he has had is with dumb asses on the river throwing rocks at one of his panels and needing to blow dust off the panels frequently.

This is the way technology and norms advance; slowly adopting the parts that make sense while new applications are developed. Often those new applications are niches, not general use, and that is fine.

• Love

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Employers hire undocumented workers because they are never prosecuted for violations of employment laws. And congress won’t require e-verify for hiring (it’s voluntary) because the business community likes the status quo and contribute to campaigns.
Doesn't really apply in Canada. We have something called the Temporary Foreign Worker program sponsored by the government allowing businesses to bring in people from China, India, south and central america and the caribbean to work for minimum wage BEFORE expenses are deducted like travel and living expenses. Employer holds all TFW documents. Step out of line at work or get injured and you are on the next boat home with peanuts.

Essentially legalized slavery/indentured servitude.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well it'll be interesting to actually see the 'numbers' for this Green green excavator AND real performance trials,which better report cost to recharge the batteries( the similar spec to fuel used, gallons per hour )
I'm all for most 'tech' IF applied properly and does BETTER once all the factors are considered. Heck, I was doing 'energy harvesting' more than 6 decade ago, 50 years before it became 'new and the thing to do'.

Solar powered pumps, yes, make sense as long as they make cents. We're in the middle of 2 weeks of less than 10% sunshine( Winter weather is usually cloudy...) so you have to put that into the 'equation' when designing a system.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I had a customer that visited about once a month. He would listen to the AM radio on the 30 minute drive, then come in and say "I am glad that I am as old I am." He is gone now and the droppings are just getting started hitting the fan. The inmates now have full control of the asylum.
At 82, I too, am ..... "glad that I am as old as I am"

Last edited:

Willabe

Equipment
LX2610
Jun 9, 2021
Solar powered pumps, yes, make sense as long as they make cents. We're in the middle of 2 weeks of less than 10% sunshine( Winter weather is usually cloudy...) so you have to put that into the 'equation' when designing a system.
We're in the PNW; it rains all winter so no need to irrigate, but come June the rains stop and we are bone-dry and cloudless until sometime in September.

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
We're in the PNW; it rains all winter so no need to irrigate, but come June the rains stop and we are bone-dry and cloudless until sometime in September.
Opposite here in South Florida. Winter is our dry months. No rain for 4 months. Come spring / summer, you can set your watch at 3 pm every day with thunderstorms and heavy rain. Every day.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
This is getting comical.
Feral gubermemt conspiracies too complex for the guberment?!? Lol! I was going to abstain but.....
Russian collusion? Wire taps on Trump hotel? Gulf of Tonkin? Dead babies? MK-Ultra?
Yeah, sure..... it's totally impossible for agencies to pull it off.
Russian Collusion - Trump and gang of Cronies
Wiretaps Trump Tower - False
MKUltra - CIA
Gulf of Tonkin - Navy trespassing and Lyndon Johnson misleading Congress/public
Not sure what dead babies is.

None of these are organized, coordinated efforts between federal government departments.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901 RCR1260
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I believe that this is one of the goodies contained in the recent Infrastructure Bill. Conspiracy fact.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Russian Collusion - Trump and gang of Cronies
Wiretaps Trump Tower - False
MKUltra - CIA
Gulf of Tonkin - Navy trespassing and Lyndon Johnson misleading Congress/public
Not sure what dead babies is.

None of these are organized, coordinated efforts between federal government departments.
Enjoy your bubble bud.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Some people believe the fake stories and fake experts, and there is really nothing we can do until they redpill themselves.

Using the ignore feature helps though. ;)

Reactions: 3 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I believe that this is one of the goodies contained in the recent Infrastructure Bill. Conspiracy fact.
From what I could find. The omnibus bill is about 4000 pages. I\ I was not about to try to dig out teh actual lines.
Online source
The law, H.R. 3684 (as enrolled), defines an "advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology" as a system which can do /one/ of the following:
1. "passively monitor the performance of a driver... to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired... and prevent or limit [car] operation if an impairment is detected."
2. "passively and accurately" detect whether someone's BAC exceeds the Federal limit, and prevent or limit car operation if it's detected.
3. Both.
This will apply only after the DOT finalizes a rule describing what all those things actually mean in terms of manufacture. The law requires that the Secretary publish this rule within the next three years, unless they think it can't be done, in which case they can push it out another three years. That rule must give car manufactures at least another two years to implement the requirement. It also gives the DOT an out to say that it can't be done, in which case in 2031, they need to write a report to Congress to say why it can't be done.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I am waiting for the "green" military stuff. Sorry sir we gotta charge the tank before we do battle.
They would have an on board mini reactor for power