What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The rock work looks great!;)

Just as a note from the electrical safety/code side of things: It works a lot better if the "Caution tape", is not in contact with what you want to protect but a foot or so above the actual line. That way as your digging you have a warning before you hit the conduit or line, But having lived in AZ, your lucky to have dug down as deep as you did, the ground their is brutally hard!:eek:

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I had been working on tractor parking space under my deck , I always wanted to do something under there but never had a tractor to do any work there until this year. I'll post before photo and after. I dug it out, added some rock for retaining the wall, added 3/4" stone, then strapped the ceiling on an angle/slope from 0 to 2 1/2" drop , added steel roofing for the ceiling, then from Lowes got the plastic clear sheets and strapped the sides of the deck posts and added the sheets. See what ya think...

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Lil Foot, concidering the ammount of rocks in the pics the finished product looked really nice.
Thanks Bulldog, I was pretty pleased with how it turned out my self. I left out the 5 biggest rocks, and about one full bucket of smaller rocks. I covered the conduit with about two full buckets of decent fill, (I.E. no rocks) then made lots of passes, back dragging with the bucket & using the tractor to compact it.
I was really impressed with my little backhoe, it pulled out some big rocks, and all the rocks seemed to be interlocked together.

North Idaho Wolfman: The tape ie actually locator tape (I.E. dectectable) and the line is actually in 1" conduit, sheathed with some 2" conduit & 2" teleduct that I had laying around. Should be pretty well protected. I was more interested in someone being able to find it, if necessary. I thought about laying in some more tape after covering the conduit with a few inches of fill, but I was alone & fighting a 20 mph gusting to 34 mph wind, with snow coming on, so I took the easy way out. The county thought I was nuts to put the tape in at all. As a side note, a neighbor just called & it's now under more than 12" of snow. Finished just in time.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
WFM, Very nice, great utilization of space. Wish I had something similar. I'm currently taking up a bay in the garage with mine, (and the implements) so a small pole barn appears to be in my future.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Lil Foot,
Well then great job, so many don't bother putting a locater tape or wire in and later wonder "where the heck did I bury that line" a few years after the job is done.
I seen that the mountains down there are getting hit pretty good!

Last edited:

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Took the finish mower off and put the loader back on. Cleaned up the driveway after the snow we got.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Deck off and had the wheel bracket re welded back on and cleaned her all up greased and tucked away nicely for a long winters nap. Blade on working and ready for the maybe nasty's were suppose to get this evening and tomorrow

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I just wanted to mention how pleased I am with my LED light bar. I had a tractor trailer come after dark today to be loaded. The light bar worked great. I'd recommend one for anyone planning to use their tractor at night.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Dug out an 8x4x3.5 an laid out some blocks for the cold frame.
Was a lot of fun. Next comes six courses of brick a frame, and some twin-polycarb..

Attachments

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Fired it up yesterday to show my father in law. Turned over the compost pile since I had her running.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Turned over the compost pile since I had her running.
Used my 2150 for more-or-less the same thing today! Also finished rebuilding the may gear drive for the Ford 905 Auger today. Finally assembly should happen tomorrow. Would have finished a LONG time ago if I didn't have to work out bearing preload using gaskets as shims, what a stupid design (compared to what I'm used to)...

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I cut down one of the unwanted pine trees close to my Mother-In-Law's house. I used the Stihl chainsaw and wedges to keep the tree from landing on her house. After felling the tree I used the Kubota to pull it out of the thick brush so I could limb it up and haul it off. It took my wife and I about 3 hours to complete the task. We are slow but we are old! As usual the Kubota made the task much easier and I didn't tear up anything.

Beek

Equipment
2012 BX25
Nov 19, 2013
NH
LOML and I moved 1/2 cord of firewood from the woodshed into the garage. Gotta keep it close for those cold winter nights!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I spent 3 hours moving snow, The L3450 kicked butt with the new studded front tires, was able to blade snow up our 10% grade driveway with no problem.
Soon I'll be able to throw the snow blower on and give that a try, so looking forward to that!:D

CFDWheeler

Aug 26, 2013
Grant Co, Ky
I spent 3 hours moving snow, The L3450 kicked butt with the new studded front tires, was able to blade snow up our 10% grade driveway with no problem.
Soon I'll be able to throw the snow blower on and give that a try, so looking forward to that!:D
We are anticipating a good amount of snow here this year. I cant wait to use my new bota with fel and box blade on the snow this year. It sure will beat my old quad with 48" plow....

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I pulled the adjustable vertical link off and cleaned up the threads (it didn't want to turn), removed the wimply adjustment lever, and welded a tab on it to use with a wrench. I seldom use it, so it gets stiff.
I have purchased front ag tires for my tractor, and will be order rear ags for it next week- I can't wait. The turfs have done fine for what I do, but ags will be better. I will post a photo when they are on.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
tried out my new blower, sure is sweet. Here's a before and after pic.
Congrats on the new blower. just traded my rear mount in for a front mount. I'm sure it won't be long before I have a chance to try it out. Unlike you folks we've had only rain so far. Enjoy and be safe.