Piranha Toothbar

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I used mine for the first time today, and was very happy with it.

Ironhorse

Equipment
BX25D, Piranha tooth bar, Landpride chipper, LP PHD
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
Thanks to the information I got from this forum I knew about the Piranha when ordering my BX25D new. I ended up having it sent directly to the dealer and they installed it perfectly. Not a big deal but it was convenient. Also my bucket edge is "virgin" having never done work without the protective Piranha. With the rocks around here that is a big advantage.

Just a suggestion if anyone is buying new and thinking of a Piranha.

Kub3200

Jul 14, 2013
USA
Just purchased one for my LA504 fel I have on the b3200. Hope that the wife won't yell too much.

I'll try to do a little video of the install and maybe some loader work when I get it. My lot I use the tractor on is about a mile down the road and I don't have a trailer of my own yet. Have to borrow neighbors truck and trailer. Luckily they own the property next to mine. So it may be awhile before I get a video of it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Just purchased one for my LA504 fel I have on the b3200. Hope that the wife won't yell too much.

I'll try to do a little video of the install and maybe some loader work when I get it. My lot I use the tractor on is about a mile down the road and I don't have a trailer of my own yet. Have to borrow neighbors truck and trailer. Luckily they own the property next to mine. So it may be awhile before I get a video of it.

I used my Piranha toothbar yesterday to break up some thin concrete spread on a buddys driveway that wants to make an apron into his new shed. The teeth are large and tough, stand the teeth straight up and wiggle the bucket a bit and it will vibrate a nice straight path.

Here is the toothbar helping me get some large poplar out of a creek bed. If nothing else, the extra length of the teeth sticking out are a huge plus when trying to scoop a large branch..etc...

Attachments

polarred21

Feb 13, 2014
Upper NC
I would like to see a pic of the bottom of the bucket after install if anyone has one.

Curious how much overlap it has on the bucket.

Looks like a really nice product. Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would like to see a pic of the bottom of the bucket after install if anyone has one.

Curious how much overlap it has on the bucket.

Looks like a really nice product. Thanks
Red,

I dont have a picture to show you, but the 1/2 thick plate steel slides under the bucket (by about an 1 or so) and the edge of the bucket is locked into the vertical runners. So the tooth bar is under the bucket too. Back dragging is even better, there is that 1/2 lip to grab rocks or whatever. It is well worth the price and shipping. It not only adds strength to the cutting edge, it multiplies the cutting edge 10 fold, plus it allows you about another 3, 4 inches of "scoop":D

Kub3200

Jul 14, 2013
USA
It has arrived. Can't wait to install it and use it.

I do want to share my experience with ordering. I originally ordered the custom 54" toothbar because that's what I thought I had. Bxpanded had put my order on hold because they figured I ordered the wrong size. And they were right. I guess I should have known my own bucket size but I didn't. After speaking with them they fixed my mistake and cut the correct one for me. They are an awesome company to order from. I would highly recommend anyone looking for mods to their tractors to check them out.

Jan 30, 2014
Central NY
It has arrived. Can't wait to install it and use it.

I do want to share my experience with ordering. I originally ordered the custom 54" toothbar because that's what I thought I had. Bxpanded had put my order on hold because they figured I ordered the wrong size. And they were right. I guess I should have known my own bucket size but I didn't. After speaking with them they fixed my mistake and cut the correct one for me. They are an awesome company to order from. I would highly recommend anyone looking for mods to their tractors to check them out.

Now that is the kind of Company I like dealing with, proactive. I will be ordering a Piranha Toothbar from them for my L3800 FEL.

DitchFisher

Equipment
B7610, FEL, BH, Land Pride Rotary Cutter
Apr 1, 2013
Sedro-Woolley, WA
I put mine on a week ago and have used it for rocks, dirt and black berries. It is doing everything I wanted and more. It makes my "Thumb", which is outstanding, even better. I have had the "Thumb" for about a year and wish I had added the toothbar at the same time. The pictures show only two of many piles I am working on.
Bob

Attachments

Kub3200

Jul 14, 2013
USA
I put mine on a week ago and have used it for rocks, dirt and black berries. It is doing everything I wanted and more. It makes my "Thumb", which is outstanding, even better. I have had the "Thumb" for about a year and wish I had added the toothbar at the same time. The pictures show only two of many piles I am working on.
Bob
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Just installed mine today and used it for an hour or so. Harry is, indeed, a very helpful guy. I bought the step bit from him also for getting to the necessary 3/4" hole and it also worked as advertised. I like the tooth bar very much so far but am sure I'll enjoy it more once I get better acquainted with my new BX2360 and its capabilities..

jasonTDI

Equipment
May 31, 2014
Dunn, WI
You guys can get a good quality step bit for $7 and a really good one for $15. Took 5 min to drill and install. This thing works great. Moved 5 yards of clay like dirt regrading the back of my rental house this week.

Got the bucket expander for other work. Looks good but needs better packaging. Was bent to a trapezoid during shipping. It'll straiten but still annoying.