Piranha Toothbar

rquad

Equipment
B2710, 48" Land Pride cutter, 48" Land Pride box blade
Oct 16, 2014
GA
Has anyone had a Piranha bar long enough to see how well they hold up over time? I'm especially concerned with sharpness.

I'm really interested in this bar, but worried it will dull down after lots of use. Since you can't replace the teeth, can you sharpen them? If so, how many times before you have to replace the whole thing?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Has anyone had a Piranha bar long enough to see how well they hold up over time? I'm especially concerned with sharpness.

I'm really interested in this bar, but worried it will dull down after lots of use. Since you can't replace the teeth, can you sharpen them? If so, how many times before you have to replace the whole thing?

BULLET PROOF......

YOU WILL NEVER SHARPED IT THAT MUCH - IT IS A MONSTER, IT DOES NOT HAVE A RAZOR EDGE BUT WILL never dull to a point that it does not work well.

Trust me - order it yesterday, and kick yourself tomorrow !!!

this is a close up - the metal plate is under this for snow, but look at that 1/2 piece of steel , it might dull - but the dirt will never mind the dullness!!!:)

Attachments

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Will I have to take that off to use clamp on bucket forks? Kinda looks like it.
I have a BX and take it off when I use the bolt on forks, but once the holes are drilled, and you use copper death on the bolts its a two minute change out. NO big deal at all.

phaser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100HST 4x4, FEL, field mower
Aug 6, 2013
Oregon
I have a BX and take it off when I use the bolt on forks, but once the holes are drilled, and you use copper death on the bolts its a two minute change out. NO big deal at all.
Copper death? What's that?

gottaride68

Equipment
BW 25D, w/FEL, MMM, BH, and her name is CLementine
Aug 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Hey bearskinner, what do your bolt on forks look like? Homemade? I'm trying to skeem up a set...to cheap to buy em...

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Copper death? What's that?

haha, Its a name we have always used for anti seize either silver death or copper death, aluminum or copper. I use it on everything outdoors, tractors trucks, equipment, mowers. it keeps bolts from ever sticking or dis similar metals from corroding or galling the threads. If you get it on your fingers, the stuff is hard to clean off, it looks like some kind of disease! hence the death part.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Hey bearskinner, what do your bolt on forks look like? Homemade? I'm trying to skeem up a set...to cheap to buy em...
Ill take a pic this afternoon. I need to load my porch with wood for the stove, and my wood shed/ splitting cover is 100 feet away. Much better than hauling 4 or 5 pieces by hand, back and forth. I hook a pallet to the FEL forks and move a few hundred pounds at a time. its getting cold, so I need to load my porch rack. Ill hook the forks over the Piranha and give it a try just for giggles, but I think they will fit better with the tooth bar off. Ill take pics of both.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I bought some 1500# Titan bucket forks from palletfork.com only $169 this spring. They fit in the same spot as bearskinner showed. They actually fit over the toothbar. Only bad thing is its always the same wide width without taking the toothbar off.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
It would appear that they made the Piranha with those reliefs, so an add on or bolt on attachments would fit easily without having to remove the tooth bar. If its not intentionally made that way, they just happened to do it just right! I know the Piranha is absolutely awesome in digging and removing small trees

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Got my piranha tooth bar and installed it today. Looks pretty wicked. I scratched some ice with it so it wouldn't be so slick. It worked great. Have to wait till the snow is gone to find some dirt to play in. Haven't seen any dirt at my place since the first snow last fall.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Got my piranha tooth bar and installed it today. Looks pretty wicked. I scratched some ice with it so it wouldn't be so slick. It worked great. Have to wait till the snow is gone to find some dirt to play in. Haven't seen any dirt at my place since the first snow last fall.
I used to fall down a few times on the ice every year, since I have had the PTB and scratching ice I have not gone down for two plus years now. I figure the cost of the PTB is a moot point for that reason alone. I am glad you got it and it is on. Good investment Sawmill. I think I mentioned it before but I do not ever take it off.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I never take the Piranha off of mine either. I'm using the snow blade now, so the whole FEL is off, but it's on the roller dolly with the toothbar intact

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
still a helpful thread!

was worried about backdragging my gravel but you guys covered that by using the back edge instead of the front...

awesome input as is the norm here!

thanks