What does everyone collect or do for a hobby?

PHPaul

Well-known member

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
1,309
1,655
113
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
truckleft.jpg

50c4.jpg

Nice to see another model builder here, Northwoods! I build cars and trucks, 1/24 or 1/25 scale. Rarely build anything 'out of the box' any more, I like to build things that aren't available as complete models.

The boom truck started as an AMT Autocar dump, the '50 Chevy was built as a NAPCO 4WD conversion.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
1,410
1,475
113
Wisconsin
View attachment 115849

View attachment 115850

Nice to see another model builder here, Northwoods! I build cars and trucks, 1/24 or 1/25 scale. Rarely build anything 'out of the box' any more, I like to build things that aren't available as complete models.

The boom truck started as an AMT Autocar dump, the '50 Chevy was built as a NAPCO 4WD conversion.
I do a bit of scratch building myself.

Nice work!
 

Foxrunfarms

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
366
530
93
WI
I collect antique garden and real tractors with my dad. Enjoy atving, playing farmer on my 7 acres, building model farms, and getting tattoos.
20220411_183224~2.jpg
20220716_093617~2.jpg
20231025_171944~2.jpg
Resized_20170930_160612001.jpeg 20230520_121700~2.jpg 20210123_071626.jpg original_698a80d1-7607-4062-9919-9d2131fe0250_Screenshot_20230121_200205_Samsung%20Internet.jpg 20230317_212553.jpg 20210123_071636.jpg 20180111_123145.jpg
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: 2 users

Foxrunfarms

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
366
530
93
WI
Very nice dioramas, Foxrunfarm!
Thank you. They're pretty small at only 4x2, one was 2x2 vs the average 4x8 or 8x8. Attached is another one that didn't load.I like building smaller hobby type farms so don't need anything huge. It's a challenge making something so small but it's fun and easy to take to shows. I like to add tons of detail you usually don't see like cats, birds, junk piles, etc to make up for the small display and a nice custom as the center piece. The 4x4 display is a replica of my parents/grandparents farm(long out of the family and past it's glory days) All the buildings are made from old seed signs.

Your display looks nice also. It looks familiar have you posted it before on other forums?
20210123_071633.jpg 20230325_151900.jpg 20230325_151849.jpg original_bed529b4-3c92-4957-a6ba-84c7260d8c1d_20230325_151843.jpg 20230325_092337.jpg
 
Last edited:

PHPaul

Well-known member

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
1,309
1,655
113
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Yes, I've posted it in a couple of places.

Really like the house on the home farm! I'm at the point of dreaming up and adding little details to my diorama. Need to start thinking about that, Winter is coming...
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foxrunfarms

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
366
530
93
WI
Yes, I've posted it in a couple of places.

Really like the house on the home farm! I'm at the point of dreaming up and adding little details to my diorama. Need to start thinking about that, Winter is coming...
Thanks. In real life it was added onto and remodeled a few times.
original_3ce20493-6ae6-4bfe-b0b9-7b41502710ba_20230317_124502.jpg original_2558c9ad-d3c6-412e-8431-6d3868fc9de5_20230317_124638.jpg original_ca0d40dc-85aa-4026-b55f-8df7cc13090b_20230317_124147.jpg original_be7f704c-fcab-4582-b113-c963aa978b29_20221029_150633.jpg Screenshot_20220515-122049_Samsung Internet.jpg
20230309_190540.jpg 20230309_190540.jpg 20230309_190540.jpg 20230314_142026.jpg 20230314_190418.jpg
It was the stereotypical farm house. Very big and wide open it had a huge mud room, and sun room which held many wedding receptions, graduation party's, birthdays and Christmas's. I built it in sections which was easy. The roof was the worst trying to get the right cuts. This was a display I wanted to build since the 2000's when the farm got sold unfortunately due to times and size. It was a nice winter project that kept me sane when I was laid up. I plan on making a 2.0 version with more detailed buildings and landscaping. All my other displays have rail king buildings or Lazer cut buildings so this was my 1st time building by hand so I went simple with material and just stickers.

For trying to think of details I walk around a real farm and try to think what I haven't seen. A rusty retired truck or tractor in the weeds, cats by the barn, tools scattered in the shop ect. I really like your theme. Seems like most people build mega dairy farms with all new shiny equipment so it's nice to see something from the past.
 

Attachments

Foxrunfarms

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
366
530
93
WI
Did a tornado hit that farm in the pictures?
The house debris was a remodel but the fallen trees were from a tornado that followed the road. Good eye.
 

KeyonMichael

New member

Equipment
none
Oct 17, 2023
2
0
1
USA
Nice collections! I’ve got a bit of a mix myself, but I’m mostly into sketching—kind of my go-to hobby. I’ve been checking out Hickman Design for ideas and tools to keep things fresh; they’ve got some cool stuff for anyone into art.