What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
In the process of buying the neighbors farm, and my VA loan requires for a septic inspection/pump. I had to bring the MX over cause the tanks were almost 2ft deep and it was hard digging in the caliche rock. I marked the lids with pvc stakes/pipe, I will add risers to the tanks after we take possession.

20240523_095743.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

fc1

Equipment
L3940
Apr 17, 2024
Michigan
Checked fluids, dressed battery terminals, and drove it around in the breezy sunny woods.

I moved one log with the forks but it was a purely recreational excercise.

Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
In the process of buying the neighbors farm, and my VA loan requires for a septic inspection/pump. I had to bring the MX over cause the tanks were almost 2ft deep and it was hard digging in the caliche rock. I marked the lids with pvc stakes/pipe, I will add risers to the tanks after we take possession.

View attachment 129062
I think you need more supervisors :)

Reactions: 1 users

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380FEL, Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Finished up refreshing my Howard HR12-50 gear drive rotavator. Two new gear and one rotor roller bear with oil seal. Replaced with all new tines. Finished up cutting a new series 4, slip clutch PTO shaft.
I'll put it to the soil tomorrow for a test path. I'll see, it's still raining or constantly Drizzling, Oregon style.
Howard_HR12-50_Refresh.jpg Howard HR12-50 Reverse rotation

Just thought I'd give my report on my Test patch here. I spooled up tiller and lower to highest shoe setting, with a reverse rotation rotavator/tiller be prepared for soil flowing back up the back of tractor. It may be a little tamer with the depth of cut. Didn't have tools with me, next outing will be about four inches deeper and than put down some clover and Rye next to game trail also try to reintroduce some native plants to area.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380FEL, Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon

View attachment 129062
Nice to hear you plan on adding riser to tank, makes it a lot easier to access and service when needed. For others who may not know. Luck on your investment.

Reactions: 2 users

D.B. Cooper

Equipment
L4060 HST - LE ROPS, LA805, BH92, HR2572, PFLE45, 72” Peruzzo Flail Mower
May 13, 2021
California
Mowing season. Spent a couple hours cutting some fire breaks. I was not really getting the cut down to mineral soil. Took a look at the knives and decided to start the super fun chore of replacing them with a fresh set.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901 RCR1260
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
The Bradford Pear saplings were thick in this area. Normally I spot spray them. Will spray in other areas where they are not so thick. I cut the larger trees this spring when they were flowering. Don't plant these trees. They are still legal in most states.
IMG_20240524_141222605_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240524_143357194_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
The Bradford Pear saplings were thick in this area. Normally I spot spray them. Will spray in other areas where they are not so thick. I cut the larger trees this spring when they were flowering. Don't plant these trees. They are still legal in most states.
View attachment 129127 View attachment 129128
In NC, they have a bounty program. Cut down a Bradford Pear and show proof, and they'll give you a free native tree to replace it. I think they limit it to 5 free trees, but not a bad deal.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I can remember 15 years ago when they were selling the Bradford Pear trees at every nursery in Mass. I put one in the backyard and cut it down this past fall after it was struck by lightning. I never heard about any problem with them. I do have a problem with Sumac trees sprouting up all over the place.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901 RCR1260
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I can remember 15 years ago when they were selling the Bradford Pear trees at every nursery in Mass. I put one in the backyard and cut it down this past fall after it was struck by lightning. I never heard about any problem with them. I do have a problem with Sumac trees sprouting up all over the place.
Those Sumac looking trees are likely Tree of Heaven. They are easier to kill than the pear trees.
We don't have the spotted lanternfly yet, but I understand they love the Tree of Heaven. They are both from the same area in China.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
This morning I mowed our trails at place up North….then I mowed NEW (to us) pasture. (We closed on the house and extra acres across the road from our place up North in December). That was interesting…first pasture I’ve mowed with MX. the throttle lock was appreciated. I met a doe in the pasture. Then I mulched the winter rye and tillled garden plot. We planted some potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Attachments

Reactions: 10 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This morning I mowed our trails at place up North….then I mowed NEW (to us) pasture. (We closed on the house and extra acres across the road from our place up North in December). That was interesting…first pasture I’ve mowed with MX. the throttle lock was appreciated. I met a doe in the pasture. Then I mulched the winter rye and tillled garden plot. We planted some potatoes and sweet potatoes.
That's a really nice property and that's the sort of pasture I'd love to have. Looks like it's a real pleasure to cut the grass.

I spent some time this afternoon (between thunderstorms and torrential rain) getting the Del Morino flail mower ready for a job this Sunday. It's not going to be like your recent experience. It's an overgrown mess for sure.

I cleaned up the edges of all 24 hammers, greased 12 zerk fittings, and am going to change out the belts later today since I'm thinking that the chirp that I heard at the end of last summer is belt related rather than bearing related. I should know more this weekend.

Reactions: 3 users