What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
While a lot of you guys are putting on snow blowers, I was out blowing leaves today. Won't be the last time this fall/winter. Plenty more to drop around here in the midlands of SC. Can't see it in the picture, but there's two 5/16" U bolts holding it in the bucket. View attachment 115776
This right here is on my list if things I want to do. I didn't get to it this year but hoping to pick up a cheap used walk behind blower for next year and attach it to the loader somehow.
How well does this setup work. I have a large front yard with only a few obstacles and my back yard although significantly. smaller has virtually no obstacles minus the wood shed.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
This past Sunday morning I used the MX6000 with the factory bucket and Everything Attachments bolt on Wicked tooth bar to dig a grave for my Great Pyrenees. She passed away Saturday night and I had to leave for a work trip Sunday afternoon. Fortunately the ground was soft enough that I was able to prepare a nice spot for her by a big rock. I had her for almost seven years after a coworker rescued (stole) her from an abusive situation. She thrived with me, gained healthy weight back and had a good life. She was an incredibly gentle giant and I shall miss her. 😪

View attachment 115622

View attachment 115623
Sorry for your loss.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
This right here is on my list if things I want to do. I didn't get to it this year but hoping to pick up a cheap used walk behind blower for next year and attach it to the loader somehow.
How well does this setup work. I have a large front yard with only a few obstacles and my back yard although significantly. smaller has virtually no obstacles minus the wood shed.
Works quite well. About the only thing I have to be concerned about is keeping the bucket high enough so that it doesn't dig into the various various dips, bumps, and above ground roots in my yard. I should probably remove that front tricycle wheel on the blower. I usually use my handheld blower to make space/clear a path around obstacles first. I marked and drilled a couple holes in the bucket so I could use 5/16 U bolts to hold each arm of the blower in the bucket. Got lucky with the used blower. $450 and it works like a champ. Only thing I've done to it was replace fuel filter and fuel line due to a small leak. Should be able to see in this pic how I've got the blower attached to the bucket.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
PK now we are in mow the leaf's season what kind of blade is good for mulching them up? I mowed all the chest nut leaves with regular blades and it works kinda. But there has got to be a better way, so how is any one else choppin them up

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Sorry, only photos are pre-job staging because the job today wasn’t mine. A friend who lives about 5 miles away had a decent size tree come down in a storm a couple weeks back. Out of respect for him and his family, didn’t take any pics of the actual job.

It was a yard tree since it was planted so it was one of those trees that looked like a giant bush; all limbs and not much trunk. Loaded the stump grinder on his pickup and left the forks up there with them.

Roaded the tractor to his place with the chipper and grapple. About six hours with him, his adult son, and me got it cleaned up except the final raking.
Ground the stump and a couple more while the stump grinder was handy. Came home with the stump grinder on the tractor and chipper on his truck.

They fed me lunch and I took about 8 bottles of water from them, so that was nice.
View attachment 115885 View attachment 115886
Took me a few minutes to find the SMV triangle. I don’t road it much and having it on there it’s impressive how incredibly in the way for a wide variety of things from seeing what you’re doing with the 3 point to accessing the pencil box, I mean the tool box. It was on while we were on the road and not one minute longer.

Got the job done. No injuries. No breakdowns. Good day.
I stumbled up on mine (SMV triangle) the other day while doing a little shed cleaning after a kitchen renovation. Don't even remember when I took it off, but yeah, it was definitely in the way for a lot of things. The last straw was when I was reaching back to pull up the handles on the quick-hitch to drop off the box blade, and it cut me.

I was actually just trying rearrange the accumulations to get enough room to brew a batch of homebrew. Kitchen renovation is done other than countertops and backsplash, which is in more capable hands. Lots of things I can do, but sawing stone countertops is probably not one of them. Didn't figure the kitchen would be the place to demonstrate new-found tiling skills, either. Doesn't look hard, but like I said, probably not the place to try it the first time.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Works quite well. About the only thing I have to be concerned about is keeping the bucket high enough so that it doesn't dig into the various various dips, bumps, and above ground roots in my yard. I should probably remove that front tricycle wheel on the blower. I usually use my handheld blower to make space/clear a path around obstacles first. I marked and drilled a couple holes in the bucket so I could use 5/16 U bolts to hold each arm of the blower in the bucket. Got lucky with the used blower. $450 and it works like a champ. Only thing I've done to it was replace fuel filter and fuel line due to a small leak. Should be able to see in this pic how I've got the blower attached to the bucket.
I find using a bagger on a mower and a small trailer to haul off the chopped up leaves works best for me. I've been composting them in holes in the back yard for 20 years, and still haven't begun to fill up all the holes back there. The bonus is that I usually have night crawlers that look like small snakes in the compost. Now if I just had somewhere to go fishing .......

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I think this is worthy of an explanation.
I was up at our place up North hunting…we have a small tv and DVD player but no antenna or anything. The spousal unit joined for the weekend was determined to watch THE buckeyes game (she is big college football fan). Anyway there was a request, and then an instruction that the game was to be watched…I did not want to properly wire or set up an antenna on my hunting trip, so we set up the cheapo antenna on the rops…it worked pretty well as we needed to get it away from the shadow of our metal building. It all worked out and we have a temporary set up. So That’s the story….i was voluntold, and that was the quick/cheap easy way and least impact to my bourbon sipping.

Reactions: 4 users

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
I find using a bagger on a mower and a small trailer to haul off the chopped up leaves works best for me. I've been composting them in holes in the back yard for 20 years, and still haven't begun to fill up all the holes back there. The bonus is that I usually have night crawlers that look like small snakes in the compost. Now if I just had somewhere to go fishing .......
I made a frankenbagger for the zero turn a couple years ago, basically a wooden frame box with nylon garden netting. Made a chute output out of plywood and adapted a rectangle heating duct with a 7 inch round output to feed the bagger. I then ran a 5 foot peice of 7 inch ductwork back to the homebrewed bagger. It works extremely well and probably better then the 600$ factory one, however like any bagger (amd with the amount of leaves I have) you have to do collection in stages and this year I fell behind due to a lot of things. I ended up just using the handheld echo PB2520 blower (that thing is a beast for a handlheld and highly maneuverable and my old stihl br400 backpack blower to blow the majority into 6 big piles and the rest off to the sides of the yard the piles I ended up picking up in 12 trips with the 4x8 trailer and dumping in the normal pile where I ussually empty the bagger after I dumped about half I had to take the forks and pull the pile back to make more room. Like I said normally the "bagger" works very well but it requires a lot of trips to dump (I hate picking up leaves 2x so unless my wife is running the bagger and I am running the kubota with the trailer I ussually run them to the pile at the endge if the back woodline before emptying. The bagger also makes the Zt very light to the point you have to back up the hills in the front yard when full sometimes even with counterweigh.i'm always looking for ways to "up my leaf cleanup game" and am thinking a front mounted blower of sorts would be my project next year as the handheld and backpack require a ton of leg work. I put the bagger on the mower this year and didn't even use it.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
PK now we are in mow the leaf's season what kind of blade is good for mulching them up? I mowed all the chest nut leaves with regular blades and it works kinda. But there has got to be a better way, so how is any one else choppin them up
Gator Blades

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Used the BX1880 to lift the engine out of my daughters 300ZX. Was able to roll the bucket back and gently lift the motor out. Am very glad I installed those chain hooks on top of the bucket and had 3pt chain harrow on back for counter weight. I did tell them that they will need a hoist to put it back as it is a bit easier to control then the loader.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I made a frankenbagger for the zero turn a couple years ago, basically a wooden frame box with nylon garden netting. Made a chute output out of plywood and adapted a rectangle heating duct with a 7 inch round output to feed the bagger. I then ran a 5 foot peice of 7 inch ductwork back to the homebrewed bagger. It works extremely well and probably better then the 600$ factory one, however like any bagger (amd with the amount of leaves I have) you have to do collection in stages and this year I fell behind due to a lot of things. I ended up just using the handheld echo PB2520 blower (that thing is a beast for a handlheld and highly maneuverable and my old stihl br400 backpack blower to blow the majority into 6 big piles and the rest off to the sides of the yard the piles I ended up picking up in 12 trips with the 4x8 trailer and dumping in the normal pile where I ussually empty the bagger after I dumped about half I had to take the forks and pull the pile back to make more room. Like I said normally the "bagger" works very well but it requires a lot of trips to dump (I hate picking up leaves 2x so unless my wife is running the bagger and I am running the kubota with the trailer I ussually run them to the pile at the endge if the back woodline before emptying. The bagger also makes the Zt very light to the point you have to back up the hills in the front yard when full sometimes even with counterweigh.i'm always looking for ways to "up my leaf cleanup game" and am thinking a front mounted blower of sorts would be my project next year as the handheld and backpack require a ton of leg work. I put the bagger on the mower this year and didn't even use it.
I want to do something similar and have a proper chute on my mower for the bagger. I just need to build a box on my trailer that I can easily dump and run a hose from the mower to the box. I've got a little bitty garden trailer that would probably be a bit easier to maneuver but wouldn't be much better than the baskets that came with the bagger. It's just a little bit of a hassle to not be able to make a full lap in the yard before I have to go empty the bagger on the trailer, then when the trailer is full haul it off to empty. Before I got the LX, I had an old 19HP Murray that I killed the mowing deck on, so used it to pull the trailer while I picked up leaves with the 22 HP Husqvarna. The Murray finally stuck the rod through the side of the block when the governor counterweight came off. Don't think I've ever heard those kinds of noises come out of a little air-cooled engine before. It wasn't pretty. So then, I was down to parking the trailer, fill it up, drop the bags, couple the trailer, empty it, park it in another spot, put the bags back on, and lather/rinse/repeat. I pull the trailer with the LX now and rarely shut the engine off on the Husqvarna unless I'm going to empty the trailer. Eventually, I'll teach the missus to back the trailer, or drive the Husqvarna to pick up leaves. It really isn't too bad now. I have about 1.5 acres of lawn, and can knock it out in about 2.5 hours if I keep at it. We're both pretty proficient at emptying those bags quick.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Did a small parking pad for a client yesterday with the mini. I was digging it out of a hill. That makes for much more soil to be removed than you'd think. The hoist in the Ram groaned lifting about 4+ yards of topsoil. Definitely overloaded the first load. The second load wasn't as bad (likely 3 yards).

Put down some fabric and 2 yards of modified tamped. It came out nice, customer happy. Didn't get any pics as it really wasn't all that interesting to look at. Nice, small job for a Sunday. 💰

rwb2630

Equipment
Bx2630 with 54inch belly mower and 2750D front mounted snow blower
Nov 13, 2023
Upstate New York
Disassembled my 2750D front mounted snow blower so I can replace the fan, drive shaft w/sprocket, drive chain and a couple bearings.
does anyone know if a four blade fan can be used instead of the three blade OEM?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I hat
I want to do something similar and have a proper chute on my mower for the bagger. I just need to build a box on my trailer that I can easily dump and run a hose from the mower to the box. I've got a little bitty garden trailer that would probably be a bit easier to maneuver but wouldn't be much better than the baskets that came with the bagger. It's just a little bit of a hassle to not be able to make a full lap in the yard before I have to go empty the bagger on the trailer, then when the trailer is full haul it off to empty. Before I got the LX, I had an old 19HP Murray that I killed the mowing deck on, so used it to pull the trailer while I picked up leaves with the 22 HP Husqvarna. The Murray finally stuck the rod through the side of the block when the governor counterweight came off. Don't think I've ever heard those kinds of noises come out of a little air-cooled engine before. It wasn't pretty. So then, I was down to parking the trailer, fill it up, drop the bags, couple the trailer, empty it, park it in another spot, put the bags back on, and lather/rinse/repeat. I pull the trailer with the LX now and rarely shut the engine off on the Husqvarna unless I'm going to empty the trailer. Eventually, I'll teach the missus to back the trailer, or drive the Husqvarna to pick up leaves. It really isn't too bad now. I have about 1.5 acres of lawn, and can knock it out in about 2.5 hours if I keep at it. We're both pretty proficient at emptying those bags quick.
I hate leaf season. I have three yards, three houses with gutters full of leaves, and a half mile or so road to do every year. I could get it all spotless today and it would look like I hadn’t done a thing by morning. Since I got the pine straw rake for the L, I just let it finish doing what it does and do it once in an all day event. Used to have to do the whole thing at least six times to keep it to where it didn’t get beyond what the mowers can handle. If the piles get too big for the pine straw rake, the grapple gets them off the yard. Thought about getting one of those big commercial leaf sweepers but the yards aren’t flat enough to use one. Vacuum units big enough to handle our volume are $20K+ and I can muddle through with what I have. I still hate leaf season.

trial and error

Equipment
Feb 16, 2023
NY
@Old_Paint
I thought about the enclosed trailer with hose from the mower thing as my homebrewed bagger fills rather fast. However when I looked at the price of the hose I changed my mind rather quickly, I'm also not fully convinced the zt would have enough push without a pony motor to make stuff go into a trailer. It might have been one of those buy once cry once moments, but if it didn't work without a pony motor for the bagger it would have been a lot of crying and that as usual wasn't in the budget.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Made a new access trail today. I have to admit the buggy crawls around pretty well. Not shown are some pretty good humps and hollows. I will chip the brush in a few days them come back in with the buggy and trailer for the wood.

Attachments

Last edited: