What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
A little air in the right front tire, needs a tube but im to lazy to pull the wheel weight then jack it up and pull the wheel to fix it. But I did sharpen the blades on the Woods RM360 finish mower. With that done I thought I might as well mow now. I love the way they mow with sharp blades. uses less fuel too.

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Took possession of my new Kubota on Wednesday. BX2360 with front loader (and ballast of course). A fine upgrade from my 10 year old Craftsman push mower. :) Ready to get busy this weekend. Hope the rain holds off.
Congrats on the new 'bota!! I've never owned a new one, just a new to me one! But i've had 3 of them!!!

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I used my L3830 to do some gopher blasting I have my gopher blaster mounted to a pallet so it make it easy to transport. Then used the Kubota to springtooth some ground that I'm going to plant safflower on next week (Dove love safflower ) then it started to rain so it was back to the barn for me .

Attachments

richschram

Equipment
M7040, Bale Spear, 12" PH digger, 10' disc and lots of other farm junk
Jan 12, 2012
Bryan, Tx
Got to pull my jealous brother out of the creek he was stuck in. His green machine is "broke" and he buried his truck in a fresh silt bed that was deposited in the middle of our crossing. I idled my new machine down into the creek bed, let him hook up the chain and let the tractor crawl its way out of the creek in 4WD w/o hardly any throttle. After he was clear I went back down and dump 4-5 loads of wet gravel in the middle of the creek bed to raise it up a bit. ;)

UWAdventurer

Equipment
Kubota L3400 w/FEL & Woods 7500 backhoe
May 24, 2011
Coatesville, IN
Congrats on the new Kabota's guys, I am sure you will enjoy them. My L2950 and current L3400 were both used. My wife has has a BX1500 and BX1860 have both been new. Bought my L2950 at the auction and worked it hard, traded it last year for the L3400.

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
Spent the last two days putting my new-to-me Bush Hog 3210 thru it's paces mowing down all the golden rod before it seeds out. It's a pull behind with hydraulics. Perfect for adjusting to just graze the clover and get the goldenrod. This 3000 lb mower gives my M7040 about all it wants to handle comfortably.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Greased all the zerks and sharpened the blades on dad's G6200 HST. This was a hand me down Kubota from granddad to dad and I recon someday me.

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I removed my finish mower from the quick hitch on my B7100 and replaced it with a 4ft box blade. checked all fluids, tires and fuel then loaded her up on my 16ft trailer. Off to the little church out in the country I attend, about 7-8ish miles away. once there I attacked two single axle dump truck loads of topsoil. (not short loads either) Knocked down and then spread, what a difference a box blade makes! FWA sure helps too. All the ruts filled from drainage wash and from the county bring water into this remote area. leveled a few more dips and touched up a spot or two with a hand rake and presto! I then used my little tractor to push a downed tree trunk off into the edge of the woods, again using the box blade but in reverse. All in 4 hrs including drive, I love this tractor!!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I removed my finish mower from the quick hitch on my B7100 and replaced it with a 4ft box blade. checked all fluids, tires and fuel then loaded her up on my 16ft trailer. Off to the little church out in the country I attend, about 7-8ish miles away. once there I attacked two single axle dump truck loads of topsoil. (not short loads either) Knocked down and then spread, what a difference a box blade makes! FWA sure helps too. All the ruts filled from drainage wash and from the county bring water into this remote area. leveled a few more dips and touched up a spot or two with a hand rake and presto! I then used my little tractor to push a downed tree trunk off into the edge of the woods, again using the box blade but in reverse. All in 4 hrs including drive, I love this tractor!!
Love it when you have the tools to help to do the Lords work. A few years ago I took my Kubota up to my church to dig in a power line. When you do things like that it sure doesn't feel like work ;)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
L. When you do things like that it sure doesn't feel like work ;)
Anytime I get a chance to use my tractor doesn't feel like work! As odd as it sounds sometimes I really find it therapeutic putting in seat time. I can have a really bad day or rough week and I am just as content and at ease bush hogging a few acres. It seems to calm me down a bit too.

Anybody else have therapeutic session with their Kubota?

Jefferson

Equipment
L3200 fel, Bx 2380 fel,60"deck,50"fm snowblower,50"tiller, Brush hog
Oct 14, 2011
West Michigan, USA
After cleaning and repainting the underside of my mower deck with rustoleum paint and then a coat of the non- stick coating.Now I get to put the deck back on. Bummer,this means mowing at least every week for the next 6 months.This has all been loads of fun since having rotater cuff surgery 5 weeks ago!:mad:

davemskinner

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sold ZD28F, Bought04 Grnd L4330 /frnt mnt snwblwer L2185, hted/AC cab, 2nd ZD28F
Mar 12, 2011
Pulaski, NY
Hi Tim, the ones on the rops I ordered from vehiclelight.com and the ones on the fenders I got from Truckpro. It's a local fleet parts supplier. I have a friend that works there and he gets me some good deals on my filters and such. I only gave $33 ea for those and they even have a chrome ring in between the lenses. Bota's need chrome to.

If you find some you like don't give a huge price for them. Let me know what you like and if I can get it cheaper I'll ship it to you if it's worth while. I'm sure the shipping can't be that much no more than they weigh.

As far as getting run over goes you wouldn't believe these idiots around here. They think it's a nascar track but drive more like a demolition derby.
I've been hit 2 times and have been lucky to come out with no damage.

I had a woman pass me yesterday going down hill in a blind curve and the entire stretch of road is double lined.

A while back turning in at my shop I put a state trooper off the road. He ran up on me so fast it was either hit me or the ditch. You believe he had the nerve to ask me what business I had being on the road with a tractor. I informed him that I was farming and what business did he have driving like a idiot running 70 or 80 mph (no blue lights) on a 2 lane county road not watching where he was going. If he couldn't see a tractor as big as mine with head lights, cab lights, flashers, SMV signs and a 16' disc behind it then what would have happened if a child would have been in the road?

Mad, yes. Pride hurt, yes. Actually shook my hand, said he hadn't thought about it like that and promised it would never happen again. Priceless.
Yup, even cops are human! I love it when people admit their mistakes and apologize. Great story!

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Anytime I get a chance to use my tractor doesn't feel like work! As odd as it sounds sometimes I really find it therapeutic putting in seat time. I can have a really bad day or rough week and I am just as content and at ease bush hogging a few acres. It seems to calm me down a bit too.

After a ruff day at work building 16KV distribution power lines I tell the wife Im going to the ranch after work to de-stress play in the dirt with my tractors , the stress melts away after burning a little diesel, I know exactly what you mean Eric......Dan

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Planted 6 acres of safflower today , ill be planting a few acres of corn saturday and ill be done planting for awhile

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I tilled gardens today for 3 hours. Some have said that a 16 horsepower B7100 won't run a 4' tiller very well, but it will. The gardens that I worked on today were a mess- plowed but not disced, rocks, large grass clumps, and large clumps of old hay. The Kubota did me proud- like I had any doubts...
I did beat up my tiller. I asked the homeowner to walk ahead of me and pick up the big rocks, but he didn't understand the principle. Nothing jammed, but I have lots of dents in the tiller. Oh, well- that's what it's for.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho

My lovely Wifey-Poo used ask me all the time how can that be relaxing. Let me back up a bit...When I was told I had leukimia I/we cashed in an investment She got an Equinox I got my choice of a new Goldwing or a tractor I have been looking at both. I deturmined that I could use the tractor year around. I chose the BX24. While I was sick I would be able use it on good days and felt like I was the king of the world. Now that I am chemo free I look for reasons to get some seat time. She has finely came to understand I love the time I am on the Kubota.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
My lovely Wifey-Poo used ask me all the time how can that be relaxing. Let me back up a bit...When I was told I had leukimia I/we cashed in an investment She got an Equinox I got my choice of a new Goldwing or a tractor I have been looking at both. I deturmined that I could use the tractor year around. I chose the BX24. While I was sick I would be able use it on good days and felt like I was the king of the world. Now that I am chemo free I look for reasons to get some seat time. She has finely came to understand I love the time I am on the Kubota.
That is great, and it is a huge justification! My tractor is MEDICINAL!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well lets see after the old lady spent 169 bucks to have a new dishwasher installed and the joker taking 3 hours to do it and then crushing the water line on the fridge and leaking water all over seeping along the wall and under the tile lifting said tiles, and now having to fix his screw ups I walked into the garage and I kicked the first thing I saw several times,,,,, Unfortunately, for me, the tires on the tractor are much more resilient than my toes!

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Well lets see after the old lady spent 169 bucks to have a new dishwasher installed and the joker taking 3 hours to do it and then crushing the water line on the fridge and leaking water all over seeping along the wall and under the tile lifting said tiles, and now having to fix his screw ups I walked into the garage and I kicked the first thing I saw several times,,,,, Unfortunately, for me, the tires on the tractor are much more resilient than my toes!
Like they always say " If you want things done right you got to do them you're self"