What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wolf and dirtydeed - thanks for the questions and explanation. Wondered same thing.

Don’t see that on laterals or connections to septic tanks for on-site systems here.

dirty - - if you and your excavator are ever in my ‘hood, I could use some help pulling a new water service line….;)

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
“Wolf, first two risers are for the house trap (and vent, the first in line will have a vented cap). The third riser is for a two way cleanout. There is a two-way cleanout Tee lying in its back. All are required here by code”

I assume you are counting starting at the house but please confirm what side “first” is on. I think my assumption is wrong.

Here in Texas I have never seen that arrangement before, there is usually a clean out at the house and lately another near the street in municipalities. The vent is for sewer gases (assuming again) and here that’s through the house piping". I th If the vent is nearest to street then the trap, the the sewer gas would not be inside the house piping if the trap is properly full.

Please explain the arrangement in more detail

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Topped up the HST fluid level while oil extractor removed GL5 goo from the bush hog. Think HST was to low point from the fluid that went to the added hydraulic function in the front.

Took forever to get the oil out of the gearbox.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Moved the Trinity workbenches today to empty the PF garage for interior finishing in the next couple of weeks. Had cabinets stacked 3 high but can only stack 2 high in house garage. I think it’s the first time I’ve operated in L gear - didn’t want to dump the upper stack on “pugota”. I figure around 1,200 pounds and no trouble lifting with the 805.

2981801A-E254-450C-B2B2-B7D65CC68D68.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
46A86AC6-3B48-4907-811F-ACE1D6DD86E2.jpeg

Used the new EA pallet forks to take the bed off for fuel pump replacement. She runs once again on 8 year old gas.

Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Wolf and dirtydeed - thanks for the questions and explanation. Wondered same thing.

Don’t see that on laterals or connections to septic tanks for on-site systems here.

dirty - - if you and your excavator are ever in my ‘hood, I could use some help pulling a new water service line….;)
Correct, septic systems typically don't require the trap. We just put a 2 way cleanout in them if they ever needed to be jetted.

Pulling water lines- we've had some success using what I would call a "chinese finger trap" that is made of braided steel. We can pull copper pipe through an existing pipe (like poly). We also use a powrmole machine to pull waste pipe and to push new water service lines. The push can be directionally steered. You add 3 foot sections of pipe each push. Once the destination is reached, you simply pull the sections of pipe back out with the new pipe attached.

More info here: They are based out of Lancaster NY

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That's interesting, maybe that's a municipal sewer line code, or local code?
As our sewer line from the house to the septic tank hook ups don't get the trap or the vent just a cleanout every 100', I have three as my tank is 250' away from the house.
Correct. for connections to municipal sewer. Not required for septic systems here.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
“Wolf, first two risers are for the house trap (and vent, the first in line will have a vented cap). The third riser is for a two way cleanout. There is a two-way cleanout Tee lying in its back. All are required here by code”

I assume you are counting starting at the house but please confirm what side “first” is on. I think my assumption is wrong.

Here in Texas I have never seen that arrangement before, there is usually a clean out at the house and lately another near the street in municipalities. The vent is for sewer gases (assuming again) and here that’s through the house piping". I th If the vent is nearest to street then the trap, the the sewer gas would not be inside the house piping if the trap is properly full.

Please explain the arrangement in more detail
I'm betting in Texas, you don't have basements....

In most of the older homes here that are connected to municipal service, the house trap and fresh air inlet are typically in the basement. We simply eliminate them from inside the basement and move them to the exterior. That way, they can be cleaned (jetted) from the outside if necessary. The older stuff is all cast iron as well. The pvc replacement will last quite a bit longer as long it was primed and glued properly. You'd be surprised at just how many we replace that were never primed.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I spent the whole morning using the box blade and grapple to clean out about 1/2 acre of woods in front of our lawn. Moved a load of big rocks out as well as downed trees and small bushes that were starting to be a real problem.
My buried camera wires are in this area and I was really careful to avoid letting the scarifiers do any damage to the pvc pipes.
Didn't help :(
I managed to snag a root that must have been under one of the conduits. It pulled the pipe right out of the ground and broke every wire in it :( It's a 100' run that needs replacing.

I give up. I am going to run the wires overhead from tree to tree. I'll keep them about 10' high with a rope carrier. Just what I don't need now, another project!

• Sad

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Simple weekend. For maintenance :
Put valve cap on rear tire, no idea how that got lost.
Tightened the plow trip springs from loose ( snow ) to tight.

Leaf blower to push gravel to driveway edge and then pulled it back in place with the plow.
Mud laden tractor will get bath this week when the outside water is turned back on.

litework

Equipment
Kubota LX 3310 HSDC, LA 535, RCR1860, SGC0660, BB1254, FDR1660
Aug 12, 2021
Virginia
7B9E2426-7880-42CE-BF82-013D1B01E475.jpeg
Removed a couple of old stumps and tried out the finish mower

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I looked at the BX series but I had a JD 2320 previously at another property. That is similar to a Kubota B series. It did what I needed but sometimes barely so I wanted a size up from that for our newer place with twice the property. Oddly enough JD really doesn’t make anything comparable to the LX2610 which had the physical size I wanted and the less complex emissions. I could justify and use a bigger tractor but this’ll do what I need……it’ll just take a bit longer.

Today affirmed that I nailed getting the right tractor. Strong enough for what I need at a size that fits my property well. It’s surprisingly pretty comfortable to spend some time on. I’m sure my wife will adapt to it quickly as well

A cab would be nice but with my wooded trails and the added cost it just didn’t make sense for me. I don’t mind the heat in the summer since I spend lotsa time in the pool and I’m not on it long enough in the winter where my cold gear won’t cut it.

I think I’m gonna end up just renting a tow behind chipper this year. I’ve spent enough on tractor shenanigans recently plus have had a few decent pup vet bills as well. I figure I can rent the chipper 20 times for the cost of a WoodMaxx or Woodland Mills. I gotta ponder that purchase a bit more.
Does 20 rentals include costs to transport twice between rental shop and work site?
Will you be assured of its availability when it's needed?
Is there easy access to where you're chipping for a towed trailer? The WC68 on the back of my B2650 (your machine basically) with the feed chute folded is very maneuverable in tight bush spaces.

I'm finding also that being able to make wood chips as needed in smaller batches, because I can with the chipper always there, is easy physically and to manage the product.

IMO, it has been well worth the financial pain. And the WC68 runs like a champ on our tractors.

The potential resale value of this equipment that's kept in good condition is pretty good too, no?

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Pushed over a shed for the in-laws, relocated some mulch they had from having some stumps ground, then I worked on resurfacing some of road at the barn

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Well, the first “main” path is cleared. It’s a rutted mess but the last of the logs are cut from the path. What is laying in the woods can stay there for the wildlife to use.

I’ll box blade it when it dries out. That’ll be cake.

This took me less than 6 hours total on this path for about 30 trees. I hate to think of how many days it would have taken without the tractor and grapple.

108B0A64-286F-450B-B53B-FA3517171F7A.jpeg

92CEC8BE-9FA3-4907-8F83-44B4C191EBD0.jpeg

E5679B24-5D0F-40E4-B683-7D187F032BCC.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
USA
Tore up a neglected driveway to make it nice again
ripped it with box blade
fine grade with box blade
smoothed with rake
set the stone with roller

Reactions: 7 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Does 20 rentals include costs to transport twice between rental shop and work site?
Will you be assured of its availability when it's needed?
Is there easy access to where you're chipping for a towed trailer? The WC68 on the back of my B2650 (your machine basically) with the feed chute folded is very maneuverable in tight bush spaces.

I'm finding also that being able to make wood chips as needed in smaller batches, because I can with the chipper always there, is easy physically and to manage the product.

IMO, it has been well worth the financial pain. And the WC68 runs like a champ on our tractors.

The potential resale value of this equipment that's kept in good condition is pretty good too, no?
Oh, I get it and I would certainly rather buy BUT I simply don’t think it is the right move just now considering how much I have spent recently with the tractor and grapple purchase. The grapple was easy to justify since I’ll need it over a long period of time and I don’t think rental is even an option. For the wood chipper I can stack a huge branch pile, rent the chipper and knock out that project in a weekend. Having my own would be preferred but probably not the smart financial move for me at the moment…..that’s all.

Also know that making smart decisions is not my strong suit so who knows? 😬

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
EC6BDF64-B49B-42F2-8433-3EDF1ADA4A2C.jpeg

74D7F877-EFA9-4178-AB3C-88D9B0C4935A.jpeg

Moved a golf cart and some pallets with the new EA forks. Tree in the background is on the list.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I also did long overdue driveway work. There was a 100' section that wasn't pitched and every winter it turned into an ice rink, every spring into a mud bath.
I wanted it pitched towards the woods side. That meant I had to take it down about 8-10 inches on that side.

I used the box blade scarifiers to rip things up first. Then the back blade to move the material away from the edge. The bucket moved this extra material where fill was needed.

The top n tilt were awesome! I had the scarifiers tilted down to get serious ripping without filling the box with material. The tilt angle for both implements was easily changed during the process.

Three hours well spent. Need half a load of 3/4 crushed stone to trim things out.

20220321_150505_resized_1.jpg

20220321_172522_resized_1.jpg

20220321_173535_resized_1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users