What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Changed the blades on the RC48G deck. One can loose pretty easy. The other two I had to drill out. One of the two broke loose with the impact after drilling it. The last one would not budge even after drilling it out. So I brought it to the local Goodyear dealer and he used his serious impact on it. It came out in less than five seconds.
Changed the belt on it also.

Now only if I had installed the blades in the right direction I would not have a gouged lawn. It'll grow back.

Have to take them off and flip them before using again.

The replacement bolts must be made of gold. $19 for two of them and $22 for the center one. The washers were something like $10 each. I elected to use the old ones for that.

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
What a great 'rack' on a small deer. This is a Maine doe who has three fawns this year.
Both of these southern deer are a little over 3 years old, I can only hope they live to be 5. But even if they do, they won't get much over 200lbs. That doe is so fat that it looks like she's still carrying a fawn. It must be nice when you can get your moneys worth at the deer processer. They charge $65 to process a deer around here, and you walk out with 2 walmart bags of meat :mad:

Steamguy

Equipment
BX2370
Could you expand on that a bit? What's a good RPM for doing FEL and BH work?
I really can't offer much help, because I don't have either a FEL or a BH on this tractor. If I had to guess, I'd use my Dad's old rule-of-thumb: as long as the machine doesn't have to work too hard to maintain RPM, can do the job without straining, or isn't overheating.

I did find a sweet spot at about 2800 RPM for mowing though. This "youngster" (9 hours) really smooths out at that speed. Haven't gone to the 3400 RPM rating for speed yet, trying to break it in right.

Hope that helps...

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
That's a beautiful site there CDF Wheeler, Congrats....I'm jealous..

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I really can't offer much help, because I don't have either a FEL or a BH on this tractor. If I had to guess, I'd use my Dad's old rule-of-thumb: as long as the machine doesn't have to work too hard to maintain RPM, can do the job without straining, or isn't overheating.

I did find a sweet spot at about 2800 RPM for mowing though. This "youngster" (9 hours) really smooths out at that speed. Haven't gone to the 3400 RPM rating for speed yet, trying to break it in right.

Hope that helps...
I do believe the right way to run a brush hog is at 540 rpm on the PTO.
That's where the gearboxes are rated to run. You can always change ground speed and keep the hog running at 540 rpm.

Steamguy

Equipment
BX2370
Oh shame on me... I thought he meant backhoe...

And yes, I will be running the MMM at rated RPM once the tractor is fully broken in. Was just trying to comment that there's a good "harmonic" at 2800, and even though I go up and down from there during break-in.

But I do use the old trick of reducing engine speed when the discharge chute is pointed at the big windows in the living room...

reberan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, RCK54-22BX,Rhino SE42
Sep 4, 2013
Bertram TX
Removed belly mower from my used BX2200 that I picked up last week. Still too many small rocks and stumps to use it. Will have to use a shredder for a while. This is my first tractor so I have a lot to learn. Don't know complete maintenance history so will change filters, fluids etc. Glad I found this site.

Mike_B

Equipment
B2320 w/MMM & FEL, & a bunch of Stihl power equipment. Lincoln SA250 for repairs
Oct 27, 2012
the Dusty South
Removed the fel & box blade. Then did an engine oil change & the gear oil on the mower deck. Greased everything up, hooked the MMM & ready to cut grass tomorrow.

kubota2360

Equipment
BX2360 - 60" MMM -Loader - Snow Blower - 3 PT Grader blade
Feb 26, 2013
Plainfield, IL
I bought a take off MMM deck for my BX2360. Took off the loader, and mounted the deck. It took about 25 minutes, not knowing what I was doing. It took 5 minutes to drop the loader, I am finally getting that down after 4 times of taking it off.
I was hoping to pick up some shear bolts for the snow blower while at the dealer, but it seems that no one in Illinois keeps them in stock.
I priced around 3 different dealers, and found a take off 60” deck for a $700 savings over getting a new one. They wanted to charge me $400 to put the deck on, but it was as easy getting it set up, as the installation of one taken off for maintenance. I may have a few more adjustments to get it just right after a few more mowing, but when you follow the book, not a big problem.
I am sick of my John Deere mower, it had a head gasket go, 1 year and 4 months after I bought it, and they wouldn’t warrantee it, so, I am done with John Deere, and went to Kubota.
I bought my BX2360 for the loader, and snow blower, but have been adding extras to it since I bought it a year ago.
Kubota dealers need to work on returning calls, and stocking parts, but I love the tractor.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Installed my new rear Bro-Tek spacers, got them in the mail sat, installed today, I cannot say enough about the quality of the spacers and the help that Richard provided. In todays world of you don't know what you are getting till you get stuck, it is nice to deal with people like him. For the price, it will pay for itself quickly, I mow a lot of hills and sometimes I have to get a bit sideways, I felt a difference already!

KubotaMania

Equipment
B7100D, Woods RM48YM
Sep 1, 2013
New Brunswick
Painted steps & clutch pedal. Installed blazing LED headlight bulbs. Glued weatherstrip around hood. Unsxrewed grease fitting on brakes (instead of unscrewing brakes from hub...)
Still haven't found live supply for Hazard Flashers...

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Took my MMM off a couple of days ago and put on my Woods HC48 brush mower. It is easy to do on my 2012 B2920HSD because I have the Woods quick coupler which has been a good investment. I have been using it to brush the undergrowth in my maple orchard. It works great mowing around the big trees and show is a lot less work than a chainsaw.

Attachments