What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Well normally I am always excited about getting some seat time. However today was different.

Had to use the BH to dig a grave for one of our pets :( My son who we adopted in April became very attached to his cat.

Killer RC

Equipment
1997 M4700DT
Sep 14, 2013
SW Ohio
Did some non-OSHA approved man-lifting to change a light bulb at my barn.

And did some serious tree trimming and used the grapple to pick up all the limbs. I love the grapple. Saves so much time.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Well normally I am always excited about getting some seat time. However today was different.

Had to use the BH to dig a grave for one of our pets :( My son who we adopted in April became very attached to his cat.
Sorry to hear about your pets passing its never easy to see anything pass that you've become attached too
Congratulations on your adoption. I bet things are lively around the house now.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I like the bulb change myself, it's better than hanging off the front of a bucket. Is that a cage from a tote?

I built my own basket the way I wanted it to be and the size I wanted but never gave thought to the weight. I don't see it ever breaking but it's all my L3000 will handle and it's more than it will take at times.

Attachments

Holleyman

Equipment
Kubota B6001, Caterpillar 252B, AM General M813A1, Ford 8N, Komatsu PC30
Sep 25, 2013
80 acres in Athabasca AB
Changed out the original battery cables that look to be a 8 gauge (looking a little ratty) with 4 gauge cables on my B6001. I was getting a 0.75 volt drop across the cable during crank, now it is 0.2V. The extra amps will really help come winter time.
Had to cut out a siezed FEL bucket pin to get it freed up. I have the bores all cleaned up and now I have to build a pin.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Peeled the radiator off the tractor because it sprung a leak and was pucking juice all over the place. Took it to a repair shop and learned its FUBAR, which is really killing me because it started dumping anitifreeze all over the ground right in the middle of me aerating a customers lawn.

Needless to say a new one is on order from the dealer and will be here Mondayish to the tune of $520 bucks and alot of hair pulling later...

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Peeled the radiator off the tractor because it sprung a leak and was pucking juice all over the place. Took it to a repair shop and learned its FUBAR, which is really killing me because it started dumping anitifreeze all over the ground right in the middle of me aerating a customers lawn.

Needless to say a new one is on order from the dealer and will be here Mondayish to the tune of $520 bucks and alot of hair pulling later...
Sorry to hear that! It always happen at the worse possible time and most inconvenient place.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I mowed grass, again, for the zillionth time. It's been like spring all season. I've had to mow every 5 days or so.

Killer RC

Equipment
1997 M4700DT
Sep 14, 2013
SW Ohio
I like the bulb change myself, it's better than hanging off the front of a bucket. Is that a cage from a tote?

I built my own basket the way I wanted it to be and the size I wanted but never gave thought to the weight. I don't see it ever breaking but it's all my L3000 will handle and it's more than it will take at times.
Nice.
Yeah, it's one of those cages that fits around a big liquid container. Got it for free. I added a piece of plywood in the bottom to stand on, on top of the skid. I chain and strap it to the forks. Works good for tree trimming too. But you definitely want some rear weights, or loaded tires for stability.

Last edited:

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Sorry to hear about your pets passing its never easy to see anything pass that you've become attached too
Congratulations on your adoption. I bet things are lively around the house now.
It is. Thank You. My life has changed for the better. What we thought was a home is now a HOME :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Loosing a dog or a cat or even a horse, is sometimes harder than loosing a member of your family , they become like your kids, only they listen better

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
FEDEX finely delivered the last parts that I needed to reassemble my tractor. Unfortunately they were the first that had to be installed, so I have been watingggggggg for them. Removed the old gadgets, oil seal and bearing and started to reassemble. Started to torque the 16 bolts down and AAAAAHHHHHHHH the dam torque wrench is waaayyy off = useless.

Soooo I did get something accomplished but no wheres near what I had hoped for. :mad:

dmignogno

Equipment
BX25D, Woods RB60 Backblade, loader forks, BX42S Chipper
Aug 5, 2013
Lincoln, DE
Stood a 40 foot long 14 foot high carport wall with my BX25D. It handled it with no problem

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sorry to hear that! It always happen at the worse possible time and most inconvenient place.
Managed to high tail it out of the back yard and stuck it back on the trailer before it got real bad. Thankfully enough the customer is understanding and will let me finish the job as soon as I fix the tractor.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

Larrrrgee sycamore stump, cut the dead tree down about 6 years ago, ugly stump in the middle of my backyard.

So I took the BX down there and found out how hard it really is to remove the bon of a sitch!

When I bought the BX, this was the first thing a tried to tackle, stump just laughed at me! I dug around and around. Not being very good with the operation of the BH, I sorta rested a while. I came back to it time again, just to dig around and around. Hitting the roots became more and fun!

Yesterday and 30+ hours under my belt , the BH is a like a walk in the park!

Got enough to break it free.....now getting that stump out of the hole is another thing!!!

It is amazing what this machine will do if given enough time and patience:D

Attachments

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

Larrrrgee sycamore stump, cut the dead tree down about 6 years ago, ugly stump in the middle of my backyard.

So I took the BX down there and found out how hard it really is to remove the bon of a sitch!

When I bought the BX, this was the first thing a tried to tackle, stump just laughed at me! I dug around and around. Not being very good with the operation of the BH, I sorta rested a while. I came back to it time again, just to dig around and around. Hitting the roots became more and fun!

Yesterday and 30+ hours under my belt , the BH is a like a walk in the park!

Got enough to break it free.....now getting that stump out of the hole is another thing!!!

It is amazing what this machine will do if given enough time and patience:D
Congrats on breaking it loose! But you may have to wait for some heavy rains to float that big o'l stump out of it's hole. ;)