What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I got a little time this evening to get the snow tractor out to load up the trailer and haul a few loads of bows, branches, rocks, stumps... It was nice to get in the tractor again. It's hot days like this that I miss winter and the Grand L

Wildfire

Equipment
Great pics wildfire.

Here I am on the early stages of getting a new field the way I want it. Field is a little over 3 acres, lots of work ahead of me on this field for sure.

Very nice. Man that soil sure looks rich! Thanks for sharing. Post more pics if you can as the work progress's

DooRules

Equipment
L245DT, KH161-3, M9850DT, L3800DT
Thanks bud.

Soil is essentially a bog that has now been drained. I ditched it last year and it is finally drying out enough to work it now.

The soil next to the ditch is about 5' deep before you hit mineral soil. Just no way to do anything with it till it drains enough.

Wildfire

Equipment
Thanks bud.

Soil is essentially a bog that has now been drained. I ditched it last year and it is finally drying out enough to work it now.

The soil next to the ditch is about 5' deep before you hit mineral soil. Just no way to do anything with it till it drains enough.
Well your on the right track to manage it. Water and bog is a bad combination. I remember loosing a Cat 245 excavator in Lab. City in the bog. Man we spent days getting the bugger out lol. Stay well over there. Love the West Coast. Got a brother over in Corner Brook and my Navy son was stationed there for two years. Bought my GoldWing from Scott's Motor Sports. If you need anything from my end just let me know.
Cheers. Paul

DooRules

Equipment
Man I didn't even notice that you were on the east coast, my opologies. Same for me bud, you need something out here just let me know. :)

Cleaning up some wood this morning. Poured hard all nite so letting the big field sit for few hours before continuing.

[/IMG]

DooRules

Equipment
Got a chance to do some mowing on my new Husqvarna MZ-T 61" zero degree. Had it for about two weeks now, just slays my 245 with 5' flail mower. Mowing time cut in a little better than half. Considering I am mowing a few acres of nursery sod 2-3 times a week this is a big deal to me. :D

[/IMG]

Priced the Kubota's of course but they could not touch this mower for cut width and price.

Wildfire

Equipment
Man I didn't even notice that you were on the east coast, my opologies. Same for me bud, you need something out here just let me know. :)

Cleaning up some wood this morning. Poured hard all nite so letting the big field sit for few hours before continuing.

[/IMG]
Ha. No apologies necessary my friend. That happens to me as well on times :D. That's a great photo. Looks like you got a great collection of equipment.

Got a chance to do some mowing on my new Husqvarna MZ-T 61" zero degree. Had it for about two weeks now, just slays my 245 with 5' flail mower. Mowing time cut in a little better than half. Considering I am mowing a few acres of nursery sod 2-3 times a week this is a big deal to me. :D

[/IMG]

Priced the Kubota's of course but they could not touch this mower for cut width and price.
Now that's the money shot right there. Nice rig.Congrats on getting it. That being said I had to get the Kubota ZG222Z. My buddy owns the dealership in St.John's and Corner Brook so I get a good price on my Bota stuff. I did get the heavy fabricated deck with the mulching kit and the optional front jack up kit but its hard to beat any ZTR over a regular mower.
Saturday I'm heading to Clarenville to buy a new Honda EM6500S2C. I'm going to use it for a back up power source in case we have a power failure. Saved $365. by purchasing it there. It's a 1.5 hour drive but we'll make the day out of it.
I spent the evening hauling more brush. I figure another evening and ill have the hauling done. Here's a photo of our ZTR.
Cheers :)

Wildfire

Equipment
That looks to be a beast of a mower wildfire, great pics as well bud.

Out today cutting some rape seed greens, or turnip greens as they are called around here...

[/IMG]
Oh man what a photo. I don't want to tell everyone just how beautiful the west coast of Newfoundland is because everyone will move there.;)
Well it looks like I know where to go for a feed of Jigs dinner :D

Thanks for posting. Maybe this is the Newfie invasion on this site lol.
Have a safe weekend everyone.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Threw a 50 pound sack of Deer corn across my shoulder yesterday, the pain from my rotator cuff tendon almost drove me to my knees. Now how to get 50 pound sacks of deer corn
in the feeder. Two hours in the fab shop and this is what I came up with. Easily holds the 200 pounds I've got obit now

No more climbing up 6' ladders with a sack on my shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Nice job :D Only 1 question....Do you plan on building a back stop so the bags wil not ride the lift arms at you?

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I thought about it, but I was trying to keep the weight down so it would be eaiser to put on the bucket.
However, the plywood deck and the fact that I leave part of the bags over the front of the deck don't let them slide. Got brave before lifting and purposely tilted the bucket back and forth and the bags never did move as long as I only put 3 bags on. If a forth was put on top of the others it would slide off.

I just keep finding more ways to use " The Beast".

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
My tractor is sitting in the barn, the back end jacked up, with the rear tires off. I am twiddling my thumbs, waiting for UPS to get here with some new hubs for it. Then, once those are on, I will put the old ones (still in good shape) on Ebay.

Last edited:

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
Still Waiting on the Dealer to Fix it. After mowing for 2 Hours, I smelled Burn belt, Come to Find Out 2 of my Pulleys were out of Round.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
My tractor is sitting in the barn, the back end jacked up, with the rear tires off. I am twiddling my thumbs, waiting for UPS to get here with some new hubs for it. Then, once those are on, I will put the old ones (still in good shape) on Ebay.
The hubs came, and boy are they a VAST improvement over the originals! I have only been unhappy about two things on my Kubota- the turnbuckles and the hubs. Now almost perfect is a thing of the past.

Steamguy

Equipment
BX2370
Here's my contribution:

And you can laugh at me now...
I forgot that diesels develop nearly full horsepower just off-idle, and it's obvious that the hydrostat is set up to take advantage of this. I had the tractor up off idle for faster cool-down, and so I rolled right up the ramp into the barn.

...and forgot (again) to lower the ROPS.

The big CRACK!! sound reminded me. :eek:

Cracked the door header on the barn. Fortunately the 2x4 that I cracked is the little thin one that the doors close against and not the big one above it that is the actual tie between the top plates.

Lesson learned? Jeepers, I hope so.

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
Here's my contribution:

And you can laugh at me now...
I forgot that diesels develop nearly full horsepower just off-idle, and it's obvious that the hydrostat is set up to take advantage of this. I had the tractor up off idle for faster cool-down, and so I rolled right up the ramp into the barn.

...and forgot (again) to lower the ROPS.

The big CRACK!! sound reminded me. :eek:

Cracked the door header on the barn. Fortunately the 2x4 that I cracked is the little thin one that the doors close against and not the big one above it that is the actual tie between the top plates.

Lesson learned? Jeepers, I hope so.
I've done that twice now with my BX1870, once taking it into the garage and once putting it back in it's home in the shed. Now I keep the ROPS folded all the time because if I don't, I absolutely know that with my memory I'll do it again. I feel your pain though.

Ben

RedSanders

Equipment
B3300SU, FEL, 72" finish mower, 60" tiller
Jul 2, 2013
Lake Charles, LA
Doing periodic service - grease FEL, oil & filter change. Then will continue filling in holes where we had stumps removed a couple of days ago. If I have time I'll finish tilling new garden area