TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hope these photos give enough information
I am afraid rhose picture dont help me much. That appears to be some sort of tap into the 3pt lift circuit. But based on your description of the operation you can do better. You want to add a pure pressure takeoff point earlier in the circuit. The front outlet block for loader would seem to be the easiest. Do you know if there is one on your tractor?

Dan

Last edited:

Tuskar

Equipment
B2710 . Flail mower .finishing mower cement mixer . Transport Box Log splitter.
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
10am now just getting bright . Dark again at 4pm.
Picture
I am afraid rhose picture dont help me much. That appears to be some sort of tap into the 3pt lift circuit. But based on your description of the operation you can do better. You want to add a pure pressure takeoff point earlier in the circuit. The front outlet block for loader would seem to be the easiest. Do you know if there is one on your tractor?

Dan
Yes

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Picture

Yes
In that case you can add a constant flow outlet as follows:

1. Connect a hose to the pump side of the outlet block and run it to a female quick coupler on the rear.
  2. Connect a hose to the return side of the outlet block and run it to a male quick coupler in the rear.
Plug your splitter into those couplers snd it eill he runningvdirectly off the pump. When the splitter is not mounted the two hoses must be looped tigether.

Thats a simple quick and dirty setup. You could get fancy by running the hoses to a selector valve and use it to swirch the loop back rather than havin vto plug hoses together. I have that exact arrangement on my trsctor and splitter.

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Still pitch dark and 0430 here :)
Right correct , while operating log splitter , lift arms wont lift .
I think my block is same as the diagram you showed twelve hours ago. i have a cab which makes it difficult to see .
Where on the block should I search for front loader outlet port ?
I highlighted the lever QC to show P and T
I believe one can destroy hydraulic pump quickly if plumbing is wrong.

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Right correct , while operating log splitter , lift arms wont lift .
I think my block is same as the diagram you showed twelve hours ago. i have a cab which makes it difficult to see .
Where on the block should I search for front loader outlet port ?
I highlighted the lever QC to show P and T
I believe one can destroy hydraulic pump quickly if plumbing is wrong.
Sorry ignore reply "Yes"
i have gone to a PC my phone is too difficult

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
In that case you can add a constant flow outlet as follows:

1. Connect a hose to the pump side of the outlet block and run it to a female quick coupler on the rear.
  2. Connect a hose to the return side of the outlet block and run it to a male quick coupler in the rear.
Plug your splitter into those couplers snd it eill he runningvdirectly off the pump. When the splitter is not mounted the two hoses must be looped tigether.

Thats a simple quick and dirty setup. You could get fancy by running the hoses to a selector valve and use it to swirch the loop back rather than havin vto plug hoses together. I have that exact arrangement on my trsctor and splitter.

Dan
I understand the set up you have . Where is the pump outlet block ??
Have you a diagram or a photo please .

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Sorry ignore reply "Yes"
Sorry ignore reply "Yes"
Yes - I have done the same but PC is slow waking up so still funky :rolleyes:
In the US the loader outlet block is forward by the engine. Here is a picture. The operators manual usually details its use. You need to be careful - I don't see a pressure relief in it so you can deadhead the pump and trash it with improper hookup. Kubota got smart with the later models and started putting a relief in the block

Dan

1673520221562.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Here is a page from the operators manual describing both outlet blocks. Your rear setup seems to be using the rear block - not clear to me exactly how it works. The WSM probably explains in greater detail. I assume your log splitter valve has a pressure relief in it but you need to double check that because the mid (front) outlet block is unprotected. You will need a takeoff adapter plate to use the mid outlet - easy to make.

Dan

1673521140558.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I ran a log splitter of my B7200 for many years using the same sort of setup you have except Kubota made a diverter valve for it so I did not need a bungee. Here is the plumbing on my new L3901. The Red/Blue rear outlets are constant flow and the selector valve (round knob in second picture) is used to direct oil to them when the splitter is connected and to loop it back when the splitter is not connected. Out for rear remotes and in for loop back. Works real well.

Dan

20210922_082307.jpg

20210926_125022.jpg

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
I ran a log splitter of my B7200 for many years using the same sort of setup you have except Kubota made a diverter valve for it so I did not need a bungee. Here is the plumbing on my new L3901. The Red/Blue rear outlets are constant flow and the selector valve (round knob in second picture) is used to direct oil to them when the splitter is connected and to loop it back when the splitter is not connected. Out for rear remotes and in for loop back. Works real well.

Dan

View attachment 93868

View attachment 93869
Those are great photos . I've seen those ports on my b2710 . There's a kubota dealer near me and I now know better what I'm talking about.
I thank you for your time in helping me. What a great invention is the tractor 🚜

Reactions: 1 user

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Those are great photos . I've seen those ports on my b2710 . There's a kubota dealer near me and I now know better what I'm talking about.
I thank you for your time in helping me. What a great invention is the tractor 🚜

Dan

View attachment 93868

View attachment 93869
If I connect closely to the hydraulic loader port , should one expect a significant improvement in performance

Dan

View attachment 93868

View attachment 93869
Do you think there might be a worthwhile improvement with this arrangement ?
Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If I connect closely to the hydraulic loader port , should one expect a significant improvement in performance

Do you think there might be a worthwhile improvement with this arrangement ?
Thanks
You wont see more power. You might see slightly better flow rate and you will be generating measurably less heat.

Dan

OrangeJake

Equipment
L3901
Jan 27, 2023
Texas

Dan

View attachment 93868

View attachment 93869
Do you have a parts list and/or numbers and a supplier? I'm looking to do EXACTLY what you have done! Down to the selector knob! Have the same tractor as well. That is an amazingly clean set up!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Do you have a parts list and/or numbers and a supplier? I'm looking to do EXACTLY what you have done! Down to the selector knob! Have the same tractor as well. That is an amazingly clean set up!
Are you looking for just the log splitter hookup? Its a simple circuit with a 3 way selector valve and two outlets. I can give you a diagram. The hoses and brackets are all custom made by me.

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Are you looking for just the log splitter hookup? Its a simple circuit with a 3 way selector valve and two outlets. I can give you a diagram. The hoses and brackets are all custom made by me.

Dan
I'm just doing the hydraulic log splitter only . All else is PTO..driven .
A guy gave me a Screw stickler type log splitter ...lethal . I threw it back .

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I have a B2910 that is the same tractor as the OP's with a couple more HP.

I thought the issue was resolved when reading this thread so did not respond.

I added hydraulics to the rear of my tractor using the adapter block that Dan posted the picture of and which the OP seems to have on his tractor.

For me the bottom line is you get what the tractor has to offer doing that and no more. That adapter block lets you insert something in the hydraulic loop that would be there initially if you did nothing. You still have to find a return to tank point when you do this.

Not sure if this is of any help at this point, but it is the way it is. You get no more from the tractor hydraulics than they can supply, whether you tap in for another purpose or not....

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

I added hydraulics to the rear of my tractor using the adapter block that Dan posted the picture of and which the OP seems to have on his tractor.

For me the bottom line is you get what the tractor has to offer doing that and no more. That adapter block lets you insert something in the hydraulic loop that would be there initially if you did nothing. You still have to find a return to tank point when you do this.

Not sure if this is of any help at this point, but it is the way it is. You get no more from the tractor hydraulics than they can supply, whether you tap in for another purpose or not....
You don't need a p[ower beyond with tank return for a 3pt mounted log splitter - just the following loop. Splitter must be last device in the loop just like a Kubota backhoe. Plug the log splitter into the loop and open the flow. As long as the only load on the 3pt is lifting the log splitter back pressure on the splitter valve stays low enough it is not a concern.

Dan

1674861712947.png

Last edited:

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland

All sorted thanks .

OrangeJake

Equipment
L3901
Jan 27, 2023
Texas

Dan
I am looking at adding remotes anyway for other implements/options...was thinking of a set up exactly like yours. 3 plus a constant flow for the splitter, but also wanted to know where you got the selector valve and where you came off the tractor for it. The rear block under the seat or under the floorplate for the FEL?
Do you just use a local hydraulic supplier or Amazon or _____________???? Just wanting the best bang for the buck. Thanks