kubota 2250 won't start

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
Hi, I need help!! my kubota tractor will turn but won.t start.....bleed injectors.....will turn but nothing happens....no smoke. Was working fine, but was taking a lot of cranking before start, after a couple of the times didn't start anymore. Thanks for any advice, Daniel

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
When did you last service the machine? fuel air filters etc. How old is the tractor. Give as much info as possible and the gurus here will have you up and running in no time.

fireflame9978

Jan 21, 2016
US
I do believe I had one that did that and the alternator was bad. Believe it or not, they write for the shut off solenoid comes from the alternator. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Remove the stop solenoid, Take the first injector line off of both the injector and the pump, set the throttle to high, while cranking look for a 2 to 3 inch fountain out of the output of the pump.

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
update, after clean fuel lines, change fuel filter, new selenoid, checked battery voltage, change sending fuel pump.....now the d@#$* tractor only start if I spray starting fluid in the intake....after that run perfect, but if I stopped it, need to spray starting fluid

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You keep spraying that fluid in there you'll have a MUCH bigger problem. If it won't start on its own accord, discover what is needing repaired and fix it or you'll be looking for another engine!

steventhechef

Apr 16, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
I have an L2002DT and experienced similar issues.

I ended up cleaning all of the terminals from the battery earth through to the injectors, tried a new battery, had the starter reconditioned, fiddled and fluffed for a few weekends to no avail. It just seemed to turn over slowly and not fire.

After doing all of that I tow started the tractor with my 4WD and it fired up. I am not sure if all of the above made the difference but the bump start was the pivotal turning point. It has continued to start with no issues since.

Maybe worth a try.

Have a look here -> http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24545&highlight=steventhechef

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
the starter was the fist thing I took it to rebuild......put new terminals in the battery......still no starting.....I know its no good to use starting fluid, but I dont know what else to do.... i will have to take it to a mechanic$$$$$$$$$ !!! the funny part is when start( I sprayed a bit of fluid in a piece of paper, put it in the intake) first tray and runs fine.....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you confirmed that the glow plugs are working? :confused:

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
confirmed glow plug are working (removed and cleaned) next (and last) will be removing the fuel injectors and clean them.......any other suggestions???!!!???I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your help everybody!!!

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
how I remove the fuel injectors?? ready loose screw, sprayed some penetril oil....:
You can't really clean the injectors by just removing them and wiping/spraying them. They would need to come apart, and that's really not a DIY job. I doubt the injectors are bad. It would be unusual for all the injectors to go bad at the same time.

I would back up a few steps and recheck a couple of things.

1) when you loosen the injector line (either at the injector or at the pump) and crank the engine, is fuel squirting/spraying out of the fitting? You should be getting fuel at each injector fitting.
2) When you tested the glow plugs, how did you check/test them (with an Ohmmeter)?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I agree with CountryBumkin, I think your missing something.

Start from the beginning!

It cranks, smooth fast and powerful?

It gets power to the glow plugs before cranking and while cranking? Test with simple test light.

It's got clean fresh fuel?

It gets fuel to the filter, to the lift pump, to the injection pump and out to the injectors? Remove fittings at every junction and check.

Bled all of the system, set throttle to high and crack fittings at top of each of the injectors, then crank until it get a steady pulse of fuel.

If all of this is happening and still nothing, do a compression test!

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
Thanks for your help Mike and Wolfman.....this is what I did so far....
1-check fuel (put fresh diesel and checked that was fuel coming free from the tank to the fuel filter. That was OK....then to be sure changed fuel filter, rubber line going from fuel filter to lift pump, replaced, replaced lift pump with a new one(the old one was very dirty!). Checked lift fuel pump and it was fuel coming.
2- Now from the lift pump to the injectors pump (open injector pump and cleaned everything very well with carburetor cleaner,( was very clogged with dirty ) didnt remove injector pump but was clean, removed the 3 fuel lines (from injector pump to injectors) cleaned inside and out.
3-Without fuel line, tested injector pump, there was fuel (as a fountain, high) connected fuel lines from injector pump to the injectors and tested again....injectors were getting fuel.
3- removed glow plugs (before I removed tested with a test light and there was power when using the key in the glow plug position, getting to the tip of the plugs(indicator glow plug light also working) So ignition key is working.
4-Cleaned plugs and individually tested (connected end of the cable coming form the dash for glow plugs and body of the plug with a cable coming from the battery negative, Turn key for glow and they were red and hot. A charged battery with my charger to show full charge and used a second battery to be sure that was not the battery. Also before I did all this, I bleed the system (I replaced the filter, remember) both ways at the lift pump and at the end of the fuel lines going to the injectors. Sorry about my written english but its not my first language. If you have more question please let me know.Thanks in advance Daniel.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your doing great.
With everything hooked up I would try beading it at the injectors again.
All it takes is one bubble in the line to stop you dead in your tracks, just crack the lines at the injectors as you want it to force the fuel out. ;)

Try that and let us know.

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
I tryed to remove the fuel injectors and they are stuck.....put some penetril oil and will tray to remove them tomorrow. Got an ultrasonic cleaner at Harbor Freight. Thanks for your help!!!!

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
!!!!!! couldn't remove the #$%$@# fuel injectors!!!!! spray them with penetril oil yesterday and today and just one moved a little....... anybody know how? any tips or tricks? Thanks, Daniel

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think your wasting your time pulling the injectors, pencil injectors cant be cleaned or rebuilt without proper equipment.
And No, a Harbor freight Ulta Sonic cleaner is not the proper equipment!
The failure rate of these style injectors is very very low!
and to have them all fail at once, billion to one odds!
You will also have to replace the 2 seals on each injector, and here is hoping you don't get a seal stuck in the head, because if you do it will take an act of congress to get it out!

What are you spraying penetrating oil on?:confused:
There is no threads to penetrate oil into! ;)

To remove, remove the keeper bolt (#20) and plate and use a little force pulling on the center of the injector, or last resort like with a small pry bar under the injector (If you dent or bend them they are junk and they are about $105 each to replace).
Once you get them out you need to make sure both seals came out with the injector (#170, #180).

Attachments

Last edited: