How full is your barn/garage/bldg?

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
My pops always told me, when you get the size you need figured out,
ADD 10 FEET IN BOTH DIRECTIONS! :rolleyes:

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
My pops always told me, when you get the size you need figured out,
ADD 10 FEET IN BOTH DIRECTIONS! :rolleyes:
And when you do your cost and time estimate, you figure out what you think it will cost with the guzinta. Then how much time you think it will take to build it.

After all that you double it and add a day and you'll be close?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Yeah that kind of happened already. The space it would fit in nicely is 30 by 40, next to an existing 200 yr old barn, but the drainage off the roofs needs an 8 foot offset to make a concrete lined channel for the snow to melt in, and then after I moved pieces of to-scale paper horsetrailer, implements, tractor around on graph paper, I decided I didn't want to have to back that horse trailer that carefully and added 8 feet to the length and a bigger door. It means 3 trees have to go...black walnuts, now if I could only find someone who wants to buy just 3. It is turning into quite the project. Bigger would be better, but then there is the impact on the retirement fund...

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I'm trying to figure out how my 72x24 shop shrunk, now I'm doing a lumber list to build a covered area for a motor home and pontoon boat about 40'x24'wide. I need more room to park stuff, and we sold two trucks and a large trailer last fall