How full is your barn/garage/bldg?

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
LOL

Yeah I remember back when we moved up here, told the wife "OMG we will never need any more storage" :rolleyes:

The pole barn is full, there is a Boat behind the back wall in the pic in it's own 32" stall

The Shop is now overfull,

The two out buildings are now also full

And I have the UTV /Utility Trailer covered and sitting outside, I never thought I would see the day when I said "Hmmmm we might need to add on a few feet of storage :(

The worst part is it is just me and the wife so unlike a few of you guys I can't blame the Kids or Relatives :p
That's what I said too. All this acreage to build on, and my motorhome is in my neighbors barn, as I'm out room. I figure a 40' x 30' cover 14' high for the moho, should give me a little extra room. Maybe that will last a few years...... Till I drag home the next project!

WingNut

Equipment
L2850 Kubota c/w Loader
Feb 29, 2012
Northern Ontario
Dang, and I thought I was the only one who can't even get into my garage to work anymore.
Built a 24'x26' garage then added a 10'x12' shed to one side, followed by a 10'x24' lean-to all across the back, DOH still not enough space.
Have 2 trucks, two snowmobiles, two quads, 3 boats, a SUV, and a car, not to mention a riding lawn mower, utility trailer, tandem flat bed trailer, camper trailer, wagon, the Kubota, throw in a few implements for good luck, and the all the tools since I fix everything myself.....
But I have come to the conclusion that you will never have enough room, you just accumilate more and more.
The worst problem is maintaining this fleet and then on top of that all the kids, parents, and grandparents vehicles and equipment, its almost a full time job with my stuff always pushed to the bottom of the list.
But its good to be busy, just wish I could work in the garage instead of laying under a vehicle out in the snow !

Chevelle

Equipment
2002 L3710,blower,backblade,FEL,forks,homemade plow,homemade weight box
Well in the interest of good will and helping a brother out:D,, I will come and get that scrap Chevelle and Mustang out of your hair so youz guys can have some more room in your garages :rolleyes:,,, Yeah, sure that's it , that's the ticket ,,make room in your garages, see Im just trying help you guys make some room:D
Aweful nice of ya to help out.....probably have to wrestle my son for the Chevelle though.....:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
:D Well in that case I ll bring my Grand Daughter,,lol ,, if we wind up with a female SF by golly my money would be on her, none of her male cousins want to shoot with her cause even goofing off she's good ,runs cross country, skis cross country,, when we get snow down here, and wants to train for the Biathlon,, I told her she better start saving her pennies,,lol
But if your son is that set on keeping it then I guess I will just have to let it go,, but hey I did offer,, I mean that's what friends are for right???? :rolleyes:

Have a most wonderful New Years and God bless you and yours :D

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
40x60 pole barn almost full.
1966 Lincoln continental coupe
1966 VW Bug
1952 Ford (sons)
31 Ford model A (sons friends)
Tag along 18' camper (sons)
2003Harley electroglide (sons)
Work van
2002 Ford F250 crewcab
2003 Ford Explorer
2003 Kawasaki prairie 650
2012 Kubota BX 25
1982 Freightliner cabover. Polished (sons)
2014 Toro 42" zero turn mower
2007 Shelby GT500 (in the heated garage attached to house) need this one to stay warm

Last edited:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
About 10 years ago I had a massive clean out, took all one summer. Got rid of two out buildings that were filled with mostly other peoples treasures that they could not part with - so I parted with them for them.:D Also cleaned out my garage, basement and house. Think it is about time for a repeat.:cool:

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
It's rather easy to prevent over-filling. CCTV or lots of lights. My experience has shown that junk or what-have-you does not breed/multiply if I am watching or if the lights are on.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Put up a 24x40 tarp shelter. Was full in less than a week. Six pieces, one of which is mine. The boat. Best friends stuff is filling half....

Now need to empty workshop. New floor going in next week.or week after. Im getting nervous. Gonna be expensive.

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Sometime around September, I need to stack everything up in the back 24x24' of the shop so I can get a new slab poured in the front of the 24' of the shop, and another 24' of covered carport. I have no idea where I'm gonna put it all!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Get a big haul off dumpster, and start pitching. Otherwise you re-organize it and stack it higher and tighter. Next time it's just worse, and you can't get it/or find it when you need it.

Good luck. I'm preaching to the choir!!:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Get a big haul off dumpster, and start pitching. Otherwise you re-organize it and stack it higher and tighter. Next time it's just worse, and you can't get it/or find it when you need it.

Good luck. I'm preaching to the choir!!:D
I did that a few weeks ago. Got fed up about not being able to work in the garage. Really fed up about tripping over stuff. Hauled two truck loads of stuff to the dump. Kids had a bunch of stuff that they left when they moved out that they couldn't part with and just absolutely had to have. Hooked up the trailer and made a loop to there houses. There crap can get stored in there own garage :D Now I just need to clean off the work bench and load the tool boxes back up :D
The bota now fits with any attachment still hooked to it :D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
In about 1990, I built a garage, 48 feet wide and 24 feet deep. In about 90% of that space, if you need to move, you do it by shuffling sideways.

In 2001, I built a 20x30 two story barn with a 10x20 ell. The loft area has stayed fairly open as it's used to store hay for the critters. The first floor and the ell, not so much. If you need to move...

In 2011, I built a 20x24 pitch roofed shed with an 8x10 loft under the roof on the west end and an 8x10 chicken coop built into the corner. If you need to move...

The garage and the shed get cleaned out and neatened up in the Spring and that usually gets me through the Summer. Fall and Winter means "stuff" starts piling up in there again.

The good news is, I've sold a bunch of farm equipment and I'm getting out of the sheep biz so the hayloft will be free.

I need more stuff...:D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Finally getting to the barn...

Three horse stalls I have no use for. Want to keep the place "horsey" for the next buyer in 25 years. Concreted in the floors and built shelves. Did you know a Kubota FEL makes a GREAT garbage can? I load it up with wood scraps and saw dust and when its full, it self empties!

The "workshop" side of the barn is going to de-populate into the shelves I just built (50 shelves in all across three stalls). Then I am going to tile the workshop floor and "git 'er done."

Can't wait...

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think that I have all but succumb to defeat in the battle of getting stuff out of the garage carriage house and basement.. Miss 2 items and they breed I swear, they breed, and make tribbles look like pikers!!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This here tractor has lead me to get estimates for a new pole barn...my horse trailer is at someone else's barn, the spreader has sat out, and the kubota won't fit where the 8n used to live, and so is wedged in the aisleway of the horsebarn with no room for more implements...Wonder how long it will take a 30 by 48 foot space to suck up more junk?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All I can say is don't blink,, remember nature hates a vacuum

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
If you toss in a handful of marbles, and one hits the floor, it isn't full yet.

:(

Bruce