Dumb Quick Hitch Question

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Anyone wanting a QH might be well-served to visit with those who’ve already been saddled with one. POS when used with a variety of different equipt mfr’s…which is the reason most want a QH.
Learn to use a standard 3-pt hitch and it becomes totally unnecessary to go thru all the frustration of QH’’s.
Mine sits in the corner where it’s still in the way.
I almost feel the same, lol. The LX3310 has the adjustable lower links which helps immensely. I may sell my Speeco in the near future.

RickandBecky

Equipment
Kubota M4900SU
Sep 21, 2020
Tyler, Texas
Bushings for the bottom pins and one of these for the top instead of the hook. Makes life a lot simpler when changing implements.
I own a Kubota M4900 that I just purchased a quick hitch for. It works as it should, but I’m using the top hook to attach the Bush Hog mower—I no longer have the “float” that I like to have when mowing uneven areas of our pasture. I also have the “Y connector” that you have pictured in your post. Can you post a picture of how you have it connected to your top link? I’m having a mental block on this for some reason—when I mow, I am getting no float whatsoever, so the mower tends to ‘bottom out’ where it didn’t used to. Thanks a bunch!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
With the telescoping lift arms on my tractor, it’s a breeze to attach implements as long as they are sitting on fairly level ground. No quick hitch needed.

Reactions: 1 user

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I own a Kubota M4900 that I just purchased a quick hitch for. It works as it should, but I’m using the top hook to attach the Bush Hog mower—I no longer have the “float” that I like to have when mowing uneven areas of our pasture. I also have the “Y connector” that you have pictured in your post. Can you post a picture of how you have it connected to your top link? I’m having a mental block on this for some reason—when I mow, I am getting no float whatsoever, so the mower tends to ‘bottom out’ where it didn’t used to. Thanks a bunch!
Usually they hook up like this:

Floting Top Link (Small).PNG

Reactions: 1 users

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Im not sure I have a pic with the brush hog attached and i don’t recall it floating. I run the three point lever above the float position. When the finish mower is hooked up it will float as it has four wheels around the mower deck, lever is in the lowest/float position. Sorry I know thats not much help.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
For what it’s worth, I have an $80 Harbor Freight QH. ($100 minus 20% coupon) for years. Not sure HF still sells them.

While I admit it has its shortcomings, once I got it figured out, it’s been great on my BX. I change implements often in the summer.

If I have issues with other implements, I would very readily get one of Kenny’s extended hooks mentioned earlier! He has my vote.

View attachment 92984
As I said earlier in this thread, I would only add one of Kenny’s extended top hooks from BoltOnHooks.com.

I did just that, and am happy with his product. As others posted, pushes top hook out 5/8”, and will keep my box blade and carry all from getting Jammed up on the top hook mount.

Great addition!

BE50E8AB-9AFF-4F17-82C1-DE4BF0D618B6.jpeg

BoltOnHooks.com hook. Left mounting bolts not terribly tight. That extra room on the tractor side is valuable.

B736256C-1CBD-4066-81EE-AFDD5EEB411F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users