Drunken Friends

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Looks like the first round missed us. Tomorrow we will see what the second round brings. It's still in Texas now.
I woke up to 9D F temp & about 6 in of snow. Here in my area of Texas we don't have a clue what todo with all this white Bullsh*+.
Friday I went to Mt.Pleasant and all the peach orchards had bloomed. My fruit trees are just starting to bud . We also had a thunderstorm earlier this month so the old timers will say it will frost in April :(

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Watching the weather reports in Texas, rolling blackouts and it sounds like the whole State is shutdown.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Shutdown here in Louisiana too. Boss sent message out yesterday that we would be closed today 😁
We are outside the St. Louis area and several of our jobsites are shutdown today because we don't want the employees on the road this afternoon when the worst part is supposed to hit our area. Right now we have a couple of inches on the ground an -17 wind chill, but they are telling us this afternoon we could see an additional 5-7 inches of snow with blowing winds.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
This is the first time that we have seen single digits since 1989. Yikes!!!

We only have a slight dusting of snow.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
4/7 days the weather wizards are saying we will get snow. Going to be a balmy -5 C / 23 F today.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This is the first time that we have seen single digits since 1989. Yikes!!!

We only have a slight dusting of snow.
I'll trade ya 😁😁😁😁 We are up to 10" and it's still going 😁😁😁😁

We are supposed to get a similar amount on Wednesday. 😆😆😆 That will put us to around 20" of snow.

the world will have officially ended at that point here 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

I bet the news will be calling it Snowageddon or something similar 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Gave my wife a ride into work this morning. Then went down to the shop to take care of a few things. Boss called off work for everyone today, just as I pulled up to the gate. 🤬🤬🤬 oh well, he slipped me a few extra hours for unloading the truck, and setting up a couple pickups for one of our customers.

Saw quite a few people getting towed out of ditches or stalled out in the road due to no traction. Cars were getting belly hung.

Since they don't plow secondary roads, my wifes car will probably stay parked in the driveway this week, and we will commute together to work.

20210215_094004.jpg

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Our radar is showing that the precipitation has passed us leaving about 1 1/2" of sleet. We are at 24 degrees and a falling temperature forecast to be about 12 degrees in the morning.

The Plumbers will be full speed ahead tomorrow replacing burst water pipes. :(

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Watching the weather reports in Texas, rolling blackouts and it sounds like the whole State is shutdown.
Ail 244 Counites under winter storm warning. Port Isabella is 25d and it's 14 miles further north than Key West

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I've got about 3ft on the ground and looking at another 12 to 15 inch's tonight..... just another day on the Tug Hill.
Snowmobiling is the best it's been 5 years so all is good.:)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We got a few inches here and the entire state is under curfew. Shut down except for emergency travel.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We got a few inches here and the entire state is under curfew. Shut down except for emergency travel.
I'm really shocked that they didn't do that here. Wife road in with me this morning and I dropped her at work. Since they canceled my work for today I had to make a second trip to go get her tonight.

There are a lot of folks out on the road who should have stayed home.

There was 6 or seven cars off the road this morning. And I encountered another 5 tonight.

The few I really couldn't understand were 2wd trucks with bald tires in 8" of snow 🤔🤔🤔 sure didn't make sense to me.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yup, no driving tomorrow so the State Health Dept called rescheduling our 2nd Moderna shots for Sunday.

I am up from my normal one cup of coffee daily to three, and the cookie jar is getting low.

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
14 degrees and flurries in Central Alabama. We left New England to get away from the snow! Everytrhing is pretty much shut down.

IMG_0735.jpg

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Those are 17” rims on the wife’s car. It’s still falling, there was no snow on it when I went to bed last night. Looking at 25cm of snow today, I think that’s around 11”...

695867CB-2756-4EC1-BFFA-42C232C5AF01.jpeg

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Wow.
Looks like some unprecedented weather in the South. As a native New Englander, I still find it amazing what a little bit of snow and ice can do in an area where they are not prepared for it. Reasonably so I guess: why would any deep south Depts of Transportation have road crews with plows, sand and salt at the ready? Wouldn't make sense budget-wise.

I've seen what untreated ice can do, this morning, in my own driveway.

It's amazing what a little preparedness can do. In my town, in most all towns now they PRE treat the roads with "salt" when the storm is just about to start. Makes one heck of a difference.
Being the chief cook and bottle washer here at our commercial building, it never really effected me. You get up early or stay late at night getting tools/supplies ready. inch of ice or three feet of snow doesn't matter much, you just move it out of the way and keep going. 4WD helps, in snow anyways.

Atomic Ice Melter is great. It's a combo product with Calcium Magnesium Acetate. Melts ice and bigger particles also help foot traction. Best thing is it is died BLUE so people can see that its been applied and where it is. Also helps you so you don't accidentally over-apply it in the same area 3-4 times.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Yup, no driving tomorrow so the State Health Dept called rescheduling our 2nd Moderna shots for Sunday.

I am up from my normal one cup of coffee daily to three, and the cookie jar is getting low.
Bloody two bite brownies in our house 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 We picked up a carton of them from Sam's club over the weekend. I can't seem to pass the carton without grabbing a couple 😳😳😳😳 Looks like I'm off work till Friday at the earliest due to the storms.

The guy in charge of the Wichita job that I was running wanted us to come up on Friday and work on it this weekend.

Our regional manager at our shop called him and told him he bumped his head. 👍👍👍👍 So, off to Wichita on Sunday. I'll pick up the work truck Friday afternoon when I go pick up my wife from work 😁😁😁😁

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
What do you mean “Monday, one of your horse tending mornings”? Around here every morning (and evening) is a horse tending morning. They don’t eat every day in Tennessee? :)
I felt sorry for the regulars and did Mon and Tuesday. Had to use a pick on some of the horse piles - people kept tripping over them :giggle:.