COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Had a guy get too close to me and asked him to back off. He said he didn't have to, he didn't the virus. Asked him how tall he was, he said 5ft 10, why?
I said after I knock you on your ass, you will be 6ft from me. He backed off & stayed away.
Moron.
I love it Lil Foot! I don't usually wish I could clock someone, but lately .....

Flip, I think Annie shot with a long gun, a rifle of some sort. I can just imagine the consequences of shooting someone in the TSC with a rifle!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I love it Lil Foot! I don't usually wish I could clock someone, but lately .....

Flip, I think Annie shot with a long gun, a rifle of some sort. I can just imagine the consequences of shooting someone in the TSC with a rifle!

Sheepfarmer.. I find that wearing a sidearm is usually a very good deterrent to bad behaviors from people in general. Remember that Michigan is an open carry state so unless specifically prohibited by a retail establishment, open carry is 100% legal. I also carry concealed but not always. It's amazing how a sidearm reinforces social distancing. People see a piece, they instantly have respect.

Like I maintain... 'An armed society is a polite society'

That was the only picture available for me to stick in there btw.

The last thing on earth I want to do is make someone leak. The ramifications are just too grave. It's the 'presence' of a sidearm that cause people to 'mind their wire' so to speak. Not the actual use.

You don't walk in front of a moving car and you don't antagonize someone who is carrying either. The results could be the same in both cases.

Concealment is an interesting subject. You can at times, see the bottom of the holster if I move or bend over. a 45 Kimber full size is pretty long.

I carry a pistol in my tractors all the time when farming.For me, it's standard equipment when I'm out and about. Either a handgun or my Mini 14 behind the seat. The mini is a great predator rifle. I've shot numerous yotes right from the tractor seat.

The constant drone of the tractor seems to make them complacent and the bang. Gone.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
You guys wanting to beat someone up and shoot them for standing too close is why we are getting these stupid red flag laws.

You call them morons for standing too close, yet if you had your gun with you what? What was your threat implying? Someone pulling a gun for somebody standing too close? To me, that is a MORON in capital letters.

And be careful, a lot of people also carry and are not always slow and old. Shooting a guy that pulls a gun on you (regardless of where you are standing) in our state is self defense and nothing moronic about it. The puller of the gun is the moron.

If someone standing too close while on your critical mission of procuring bird seed is a shootable offense, perhaps shopping at Amazon is more your speed? It would certainly be better for all of the other people in your state that may not be as mindful of your arbitrary personal space as you would like.

If we as a society are ok with mindless drones walking around stuck to whatever screen is in front of them, then we as a society also have to allow this same behavior to encroach on our arbitrary personal space without shooting or beating them up.

Everyone is losing their minds.

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You guys wanting to beat someone up and shoot them for standing too close is why we are getting these stupid red flag laws.

You call them morons for standing too close, yet if you had your gun with you what? What was your threat implying? Someone pulling a gun for somebody standing too close? To me, that is a MORON in capital letters.

And be careful, a lot of people also carry and are not always slow and old. Shooting a guy that pulls a gun on you (regardless of where you are standing) in our state is self defense and nothing moronic about it. The puller of the gun is the moron.

If someone standing too close while on your critical mission of procuring bird seed is a shootable offense, perhaps shopping at Amazon is more your speed? It would certainly be better for all of the other people in your state that may not be as mindful of your arbitrary personal space as you would like.

If we as a society are ok with mindless drones walking around stuck to whatever screen is in front of them, then we as a society also have to allow this same behavior to encroach on our arbitrary personal space without shooting or beating them up.

Everyone is losing their minds.
If you bothered to read my comment instead of nit picking it, you'd see that I view carrying a firearm as a deterrent and a huge responsibility as well.. No red flag law here and no restrictions on carrying either. Concealed or open is 100% legal unless predicated otherwise.

Get a life besides being critical of a comment and not reading it. You'd make a good MSM reporter..... Cherry picking seems to be your specialty.

BTW, Covid cases are spiking way up in the Southwest and South, but then you'd probably cherry pick that to.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I don't want to or desire to inflict physical harm on anyone. All I want them to do is act like an adult. Not an idiot. Guess that is asking a lot today.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
If you bothered to read my comment instead of nit picking it, ...

I think your memory may have an issue?

This is YOUR your statement I was replying to,

"....Anyway, I'm standing in the checkout line (floor is marked in 6 foot intervals) and some clown and his girlfriend comes up behind me, I mean right on top of me and is standing behind me and coughing... I looked over my shoulder and in a not nice voice, told them to back the H up six feet. Damn lucky I left my handgun in the car, I'm usually armed and I have a short fuse with stupid."

I didn't nit-pick anything, you said that didn't you?

And everything else I said I stand by, be careful who you puff your chest out to, you just never know these days.

How much personal space do you require before threatening someone? The 6' is a completely arbitrary value. A cough can travel over 100 MPH and a sneeze can travel 30' so why 6'? And is that a trigger value?

If it is such a hairline amount, again, perhaps shopping at amazon would be better for you. There are morons, idiots, klutz's etc. walking among us all the time, they can't be avoided.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I think your memory may have an issue?

This is YOUR your statement I was replying to,

"....Anyway, I'm standing in the checkout line (floor is marked in 6 foot intervals) and some clown and his girlfriend comes up behind me, I mean right on top of me and is standing behind me and coughing... I looked over my shoulder and in a not nice voice, told them to back the H up six feet. Damn lucky I left my handgun in the car, I'm usually armed and I have a short fuse with stupid."

I didn't nit-pick anything, you said that didn't you?

And everything else I said I stand by, be careful who you puff your chest out to, you just never know these days.

How much personal space do you require before threatening someone? The 6' is a completely arbitrary value. A cough can travel over 100 MPH and a sneeze can travel 30' so why 6'? And is that a trigger value?

If it is such a hairline amount, again, perhaps shopping at amazon would be better for you. There are morons, idiots, klutz's etc. walking among us all the time, they can't be avoided.

And I do and I admit it. I have very little patience with stupidity on the part of others. I'm thinking maybe you are included because I also posted that carrying a lethal weapon is a huge responsibility that I don't take lightly.

I won't shop on Amazon because I cannot stand Bezo's FYI.

What is correct for me, may not be right for you but then I have the right and education to carry legally.

So yea I wasn't at the time and I'm glad I wasn't because again, I really dislike rank stupidity on the part of individuals that have no respect for others. Suffice to say my tone of voice and my physical presence was enough to deter the buttheads.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I always carry. Either on me or with me. A gun is a tool to me. No different then putting a jack knife in your pocket. I'd reather have it and not need it (which for the last 30 years has been the case) then not have it and need it.
SledDog beating up on you makes no sense to me but as an unarmed citizen of the United States thats his choice and I wish him well in life.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Received a news letter today from a company located in Milpitas, Ca. The report kind of gives one an eerie feeling.

"FYI, just to give you an idea how weird things are here, the non-
profit complex where Insulin Pumpers has its office has somewhere
between 80 and 100 tenants in 5 buildings. All last week there were
never more than 5 or 6 cars in the parking lot including mine. Today
there is one other vehicle. Normally it is hard to find a place to
park.

There is a notice from the county health department that "we" are
experiencing a spike in new Covid cases since a number of businesses
and construction sites were allowed to recently re-open. I may leave
the area again if this continues, sigh.... "

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I always carry. Either on me or with me. A gun is a tool to me. No different then putting a jack knife in your pocket. I'd reather have it and not need it (which for the last 30 years has been the case) then not have it and need it.
SledDog beating up on you makes no sense to me but as an unarmed citizen of the United States thats his choice and I wish him well in life.
I'm not beating up on him. I live in NH, a gun here is a tool, like a chainsaw, we say it all the time. Be careful how you use it. I always am. I guess they were lucky he left the chainsaw in the car to.

I am also a huge supporter of the second amendment so for instance, if some old guy buying bird seed pulls his gun on you in tractor supply for whatever reason, feel free to take out your own piece and drop him defending yourself.

Odd that you would think standing too close is a shootable offense. That was my issue with flip, not carrying to begin with, for implying that he would shoot someone for standing too close.

Yesterday we were at a graduation party that had at least 6 people carrying (that were visual) at it. My wife mentioned that we were all set if some fool with a gun showed up. A lot of crazy going on right now, it is better to be prepared.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
And I do and I admit it. I have very little patience with stupidity on the part of others. I'm thinking maybe you are included because I also posted that carrying a lethal weapon is a huge responsibility that I don't take lightly.
Threatening someone with a gun for standing too close is not what I would call "responsible". That is what you were implying right? Why were they lucky you forgot your gun in the car?

I guess we just have a different line (literally as well as figuratively) - lol.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Threatening someone with a gun for standing too close is not what I would call "responsible". That is what you were implying right? Why were they lucky you forgot your gun in the car?

I guess we just have a different line (literally as well as figuratively) - lol.
Sidecar dont like it too much when he gets called out on his BS. Hes threatened me a coupe times here. I just laugh. He needs to get called out on this BS though:

I looked over my shoulder and in a not nice voice, told them to back the H up six feet. Damn lucky I left my handgun in the car, I'm usually armed and I have a short fuse with stupid.

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I was at a HS graduation today for my son. All the parents had to stay in cars and the cars were parked wrapped around a dirt track at a local fairgrounds with the graduation happening in the infield. The rules were we all stay in the cars. Well nobody did. And almost nobody was wearing a mask. The students where supposed to stay 6' apart, they werent.

A few people knelt for the national anthem, lots of people booed the kneelers.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Remember one of my closest friends lives between Bangor and Bar Harbor and he and his wife are like us, they adhere to the mask thing and social distancing. he also is intolerant of stupidity and he also carries and has a CCW. In fact he's a retired LEO, so that coupled with the fact that he's a native Mainer makes his fuse even shorter than mine.

I keep hoping that the Wuhan Flu will go away but I have a bad feeling it's about to explode.

Things sure are getting strange today.... Must be the water........?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Sidecar dont like it too much when he gets called out on his BS. Hes threatened me a coupe times here. I just laugh. He needs to get called out on this BS though:
Not BS at all, just the way it played. I'm not tolerant of stupidity when it comes to compromising my life for your benefit because you cannot abide by the rules set down by the retail establish we were in.

Like I said they were damn lucky my Kimber was tucked between the seat and the console (where I usually have it when driving.

Not an issue, I dealt with it.

I'd do the same thing to you if you were behind me and pulled that crap.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Remember one of my closest friends lives between Bangor and Bar Harbor and he and his wife are like us, they adhere to the mask thing and social distancing. he also is intolerant of stupidity and he also carries and has a CCW. In fact he's a retired LEO, so that coupled with the fact that he's a native Mainer makes his fuse even shorter than mine.

I keep hoping that the Wuhan Flu will go away but I have a bad feeling it's about to explode.

Things sure are getting strange today.... Must be the water........?
Not BS at all, just the way it played. I'm not tolerant of stupidity when it comes to compromising my life for your benefit because you cannot abide by the rules set down by the retail establish we were in.

Like I said they were damn lucky my Kimber was tucked between the seat and the console (where I usually have it when driving.

Not an issue, I dealt with it.

I'd do the same thing to you if you were behind me and pulled that crap.
I looked over my shoulder and in a not nice voice, told them to back the H up six feet. Damn lucky I left my handgun in the car, I'm usually armed and I have a short fuse with stupid.
So to be clear, you are saying you would shoot someone who got too close to you without a mask? Because thats just nuts and you should be a responsible gun owner and drop all your guns off at a close friends house for safe keeping until youve learned to properly deal with your admitted short fuse

Youre worried about the flu you cant see, im worried about nutjobs "with a short fuse"

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
When this guy came up to me while I was fueling the truck, (I had a mask & gloves) I HAD A GUN and never threatened or even considered using it. I am at high risk, and I'm a caregiver for my wife's 90 & 91 year old parents, who are at extremely high risk. If I get the virus, it's a probable death sentence for me, and it certainly is for my parents. If people will not do the sensible thing & keep their distance, they need to be asked to move, which I did, and if necessary, taught some common sense & respect for the rights of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.