COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
The 6' is a completely arbitrary value. I am sure any scientific value would not land on some round imperial foot measure.

If it was that much of a concern, 20' minimum should be adhered to.

It is generally believed that a cough can reach over 100MPH leaving the body and a sneeze can travel over 30'.

If the 6' is simply to keep people from touching one another, they could make the arbitrary number 3' or 4', or simply say do not touch one another.

Stay away from nursing homes where the governors are concentrating the patients and you should be all set.

People that are high risk should be sheltering in. That is what the people that made up the arbitrary 6' distance says anyway.

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
If people will not do the sensible thing & keep their distance, they need to be asked to move, which I did, and if necessary, taught some common sense & respect for the rights of others.
and those people who did not abide by what you believe to be common sense and respect they will most likely give you a mouthful right back causing unnessesary spit to fly around increasing the likelyhood of transmission. Sounds like due to your higher risk status you should be sheltering in place.

BTW the mask hides frowns pretty well.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
and those people who did not abide by what you believe to be common sense and respect they will most likely give you a mouthful right back causing unnessesary spit to fly around increasing the likelyhood of transmission. Sounds like due to your higher risk status you should be sheltering in place.

BTW the mask hides frowns pretty well.
I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest, but once again, here is someone who knows nothing of my situation telling me what I should.
I WOULD LOVE TO SHELTER IN PLACE, BUT I CAN"T. If you had paid attention above, my wife & I are caregivers for her 90 & 91 year old parents. They need dialysis 3 days a week minimum, doctor's appointments, hospital visits, lab work, groceries, bills paid, house maintenance, banking, car maintenance, car fueling, registration renewals, yard maintenance, calls to social security, medicare, insurance, etc, etc, etc. I am not happy with the situation, but I have little choice & take all the precautions I can. One of them is keeping people away from me & them.
These are the same precautions we were taking during normal flu seasons, even before covid19.

There is scientific data showing projection of 6ft under normal conditions, 8-10ft singing, and 20ft shouting.

As for somebody giving me a mouthful right back, not likely. I am 65 and since grade school, I have been in well over a hundred fights. I was small, and picked on mercilessly, until I fought back the first time. I then made it one of my missions in life to stop bullies. I have never lost a fight, because most of the bullies didn't get back up. I have disarmed knife wielding POS on two occasions, chased down & captured two purse snatchers, and had to draw on another knife wielding robber, (who I did not have to shoot) and have only been complimented by LEOs.

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest, but once again, here is someone who knows nothing of my situation telling me what I should.
I was simply pointing out that when you try to school someone like you mentioned above they will likely bark back and that bark causes exactly what you were trying to avoid which is potential transmission as people yell, fight, bicker whatever.
There isnt a way to get exactly what YOU want all the time and threats, intimidation etc isnt going to help you.

BTW Im 300lbs and have been throwing stones, blocks and bricks around since i was 14 years old and im 46 now. So there isnt much that intimidates me especially a guy getting mouthy in public about 6' distance or wearing a mask. I know for a fact that there are lots more out there like me not just going to cave to that kind of intimidation crap that youre pushing.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Very hard for me to suffer fools. There are a couple on this thread or so it appears to me.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I WOULD LOVE TO SHELTER IN PLACE, BUT I CAN"T. If you had paid attention above, my wife & I are caregivers for her 90 & 91 year old parents. They need dialysis 3 days a week minimum, doctor's appointments, hospital visits, lab work, groceries, bills paid, house maintenance, banking, car maintenance, car fueling, registration renewals, yard maintenance, calls to social security, medicare, insurance, etc, etc, etc. I am not happy with the situation, but I have little choice & take all the precautions I can. One of them is keeping people away from me & them.
These are the same precautions we were taking during normal flu seasons, even before covid19.

There is scientific data showing projection of 6ft under normal conditions, 8-10ft singing, and 20ft shouting.

As for somebody giving me a mouthful right back, not likely. I am 65 and since grade school, I have been in well over a hundred fights. I was small, and picked on mercilessly, until I fought back the first time. I then made it one of my missions in life to stop bullies. I have never lost a fight, because most of the bullies didn't get back up. I have disarmed knife wielding POS on two occasions, chased down & captured two purse snatchers, and had to draw on another knife wielding robber, (who I did not have to shoot) and have only been complimented by LEOs.

Only one time have I unholstered my firearm when in a situation I was uncomfortable with and was not confident of the outcome and I did not discharge it. Didn't have to. Something about a .45 1911 changes minds quickly. Would I have? Not sure as it didn't escalate past that point.

Most times here in Michigan it's in plain sight because we are an open carry state but it in nice to have a concealed permit as well. Not always is it prudent to have a firearm in plain view.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Very hard for me to suffer fools. There are a couple on this thread or so it appears to me.
Acknowledging is a good start now go lock those weapons up before you get yourself in trouble.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
After restaurants and diners and bars and breweries had out side dining only and the places spent thousands of dollars on tents and tables and picnic tables and umbrellas and roped off areas ect …..Our Fantastic Governor has now thrown OPEN the Welcome sign. You can now dine IN.... Starting June 17th.
I'm sure the restaurant owners want to kill her...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
they will likely bark back and that bark causes exactly what you were trying to avoid which is potential transmission
He didn't, and nor did any of the other four I have asked to step back since this started.

intimidation crap that youre pushing.
And you don't think getting in someone's personal space during a pandemic is intimidation?

There isnt a way to get exactly what YOU want all the time
I wasn't trying to get exactly what I want all the time, I was asking someone to give me reasonable space during a pandemic. If he didn't, I was willing to help him with the spacing.

Looks like you've got this all figured out, so I guess I'm 100% wrong & you're 100% right.
No arguing with perfection.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
He didn't, and nor did any of the other four I have asked to step back since this started.

And you don't think getting in someone's personal space during a pandemic is intimidation?

I wasn't trying to get exactly what I want all the time, I was asking someone to give me reasonable space during a pandemic. If he didn't, I was willing to help him with the spacing.

Looks like you've got this all figured out, so I guess I'm 100% wrong & you're 100% right.
No arguing with perfection.
Looks like you left out the part I was talking about. The part where you school people about respect AFTER youve asked them to move back.

If people will not do the sensible thing & keep their distance, they need to be asked to move, which I did, and if necessary, taught some common sense & respect for the rights of others.
Thats the part where youre going to get pushback

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The part where you school people about respect AFTER youve asked them to move back.
If they move back as requested, no further schooling is needed. In all five cases I mentioned, everyone moved back, this one under threat of further action. Not sure I see your point, I made a reasonable request reasonably, he refused to comply, I stiffened my request. He moved back. I would have handled it the same way if someone was standing on my foot, or sitting on my motorcycle without invitation, being an ass to my wife. What was I supposed to do- walk away from him- let him have my truck?

SEE PM.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
After restaurants and diners and bars and breweries had out side dining only and the places spent thousands of dollars on tents and tables and picnic tables and umbrellas and roped off areas ect …..Our Fantastic Governor has now thrown OPEN the Welcome sign. You can now dine IN.... Starting June 17th.
I'm sure the restaurant owners want to kill her...
I am not sure what state you are in, but the restaurants might not mind. They still have to maintain bigger spacing between tables, and at least in the summer using both inside and outside areas allows them to serve more patrons. Jamming a bunch of people inside is a really bad idea.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I am not sure what state you are in, but the restaurants might not mind. They still have to maintain bigger spacing between tables, and at least in the summer using both inside and outside areas allows them to serve more patrons. Jamming a bunch of people inside is a really bad idea.
We are both in Maine and oh yeah they mind since they were told ok to reopen then no then maybe this date then no now yeah. and all this after these barely surviving businesses invested in outdoor seating just to stay afloat.

The only good thing about this is that it all but assures we re-elect Paul Lepage for a 3rd term as gov in 2022.
LePage is Maines version of Trump before Trump. No frills in your face non-politician businessman that got fake newsed right into his second term.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We're officially second phase of reopening. All service industries are allowed to go to 2/3 capacity.

I've been to one restaurant that said screw it and reopened completely. No masks or gloves for employees and no masks for diners till they get there drink served.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Looks like you left out the part I was talking about. The part where you school people about respect AFTER youve asked them to move back.

Thats the part where youre going to get pushback
I took you off ignore once but I guess you are going back. I find your asinine comments to be tedious at best.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I find your asinine comments to be tedious at best.

I find your nutty comments hillarious 🤒

SidecarFlip said:
Damn lucky I left my handgun in the car, I'm usually armed and I have a short fuse with stupid."

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Could you guys knock it off? Sounds like a bunch of children. It is fine to have an opinion, it is not helpful to keep on and on and on sniping at other forum members. This thread is about covid, and trying to provide helpful information and commentary from different perspectives.

Reactions: 5 users

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Could you guys knock it off? Sounds like a bunch of children. It is fine to have an opinion, it is not helpful to keep on and on and on sniping at other forum members. This thread is about covid, and trying to provide helpful information and commentary from different perspectives.
You are so nice.,.
I was going to say 'rant on cat scat someone will bury you"

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Covid In Maine today....9 new cases. The lowest number we've had in 2 months. BUT tomorrow Maine is open. Dine In Dine Out Mask Or No Mask. We'll see what happens to our numbers by July 4th.
And Canada. Boarders still closed till July 21th. I do a small amount of business with Canadians. Not a lot but maybe $10,000. in orders a year from them. I have had a couple inquiries from New Brunswick but again both mentioned 'when the boarder opens' I'll be down. Maine does a lot of business with Canadian tourist also. But not this year I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.