Camper pics

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I am no camper expert, but one thing i know for sure, not all rv antifreeze are alike. Its my understanding some will leave an odour /taste in the water system.
My co-worker many years ago was very particular about what he put in for antifreeze this came to light one spring when he cheaped out the fall before.
Some great advice offered here, and nice units you guys have.

I live smack in the middle of cottage country,was raised spending my summers in campers and tents.think i made a mistake not doing the same for my kids.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Went from tent to this camper 6 years ago and love it. The kids have never said they dont want to go and the dogs love it too.

image.jpg

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Slim, that would be a dream shop for most of us, 6000 sq foot shop-900 sq ft house ;)

Keeping the big valuables out of the weather when not in use improves resale as well.
A gentleman i know bought a piece of land, built a massive shop abd put his new camper in it. He calls it home now. Keeps shop just above freezing and has no problem heating his camper/house.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I have a T@B and a 5th Wheel (my parents old one):

While not our T@B specifically, it looks similar to this one, only in white instead of gray, but the yellow trim is correct.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Shaunrh, wife and I looked at a pod that was fairly similar just for giggles. It was a neat concept. Wife and I would probably cheap out if that was our option. I've done an air mattress under a tonneau cover at a music festival when I was younger :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hell Daren I do that now when its nasty up in the GWN :D Though Old Dad is starting to get a little long in the tooth any more for those things,,, Thats why i was thinking of one on those small fiberglass trailers maybe even a teardrop like that one

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hell Daren I do that now when its nasty up in the GWN :D Though Old Dad is starting to get a little long in the tooth any more for those things,,, Thats why i was thinking of one on those small fiberglass trailers maybe even a teardrop like that one
That little pod we looked at was neat. But......... At 10k it seemed pretty pricey for a rolling bed :rolleyes: And it was just a bed, with a couple outlets and lights. If you look around your area, check out craigslist, and the flea market sections of facebook, you should be able to find something reasonable in your area. But be prepared to find a lot of garbage as well. Even in the 6k and 7k range. Saw one that a person was asking 20k for. Ceiling was sagging, and you could see a water line inside of it (it had been flooded):eek: That dealer got crossed off our list really fast. At another lot, I went through the floor in one :eek:

Last edited:

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
We bought brand new. Wasnt a lot of options for used toy haulers at the time (good ones at least). But all of the local dealers in the tri state area were way high for new. Way way high. Looking on the forums all over, this one dealer in michigan kept coming up low.(lakeshore) for outbacks. So much so they were quoting me $8,000 cheaper then all my local NJ /PA dealers. And throwing in lots of things for cost past that. When I told the local dealers the price they would not budge off their $8k higher prices.

So we pulled the trigger and bought it from lakeshore.

Was a miserably long drive out. Got the trailer and all the paperwork done. They did the walk around and showed us how to use everything. We drove it back stopping for a nap or two in our new RV at rest stops :) Was our own personal traveling hotel that made the trip back better.

I would kill for a shop like that where I could park my Rv inside! Hell I would trade all my house space for a bigger shop space (My wife would disagree!)

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
T@B's are not cheap. Ours has the Queen bed inside, AC and the full extension tent (more than doubles the space of the RV and attaches to the side). It was $12K for the whole set up, 1 year used. Would have been $13.5K new. Not a cheap option. They are built super light and super tight. They have trailing link suspensions and tow like a dream. At 1500Lbs, most mid-size cars can tow them. You can hand push them around (which is why they have handles on the corners).

There are a lot of copy types of the T@B's but none are really in the same build quality and design level. It's German designed and you know the Germans... it comes with the German price tag even though the ones here in the States are made by THOR.

I can still sell ours for 10K right now and have had an offer on it of $10.5K but we like it and aren't selling.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got the camper pulled up front and plugged into power. This way we could get it set up the way we would like inside. We picked up a cheap memory foam mattress to put in on the queen bed. Just need to cut the mattress down a foot to fit the bed :rolleyes: pulled the propane tanks. Got them filled up as well.

The DVD/ surround sound system was broke in it. So we picked up a blue ray player/ surround sound/ fm tuner for it. And a tv. Ordered the ceiling mount for the tv. So when that comes in, the tv is actually gonna be mounted to the bottom of a cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think Im going out and burn my tent
My wife's been telling all her friends and coworkers I bought her a vacation home :p:) She's got probably about 30 or so places she wants to go see so far bookmarked on her tablet :rolleyes: We watched a movie out in it tonight. We're really happy with how comfortable it is. We'll be hitting flea markets and yard sales for plastic dishes, cups, and silverware. And looking for a small pot and pan set to keep with it as well.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
My wife's been telling all her friends and coworkers I bought her a vacation home :p:) She's got probably about 30 or so places she wants to go see so far bookmarked on her tablet :rolleyes: We watched a movie out in it tonight. We're really happy with how comfortable it is. We'll be hitting flea markets and yard sales for plastic dishes, cups, and silverware. And looking for a small pot and pan set to keep with it as well.
Now it starts! My buddy bought a28' version of your trailer. Parked outside his house for acoiple days while his wife and two girls put a few things in. Went from a lite to an overweight in no time at all!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Now it starts! My buddy bought a28' version of your trailer. Parked outside his house for acoiple days while his wife and two girls put a few things in. Went from a lite to an overweight in no time at all!
I can see how that can be easy to do :eek: other then some cookware, and bedding, there isn't much else that we are gonna put in there. A bottle jack, and lug wrench for the tires, and a small tool kit (screw drivers, adjustable wrench, and pliers) for minor fixes on the road. A few camping chairs, and the folding card table. And a portable BBQ grill. Food would go into coolers in the back of the truck. We can add 1500lbs and still be good for towing, and have cushion to fill the water tank if we would like. So that's plenty enough for clothes and some toys for the kiddos :D

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Best camper ever, gets 50+ MPG, easy to store when not in use, cheap to maintain, wife never asks to go along, can camp any place and most of the time for free.

Much better place to take a morning leak then those tiny little camper restrooms.