BX1880 or BX2370

jkurtz

Oct 12, 2017
Baltimore, maryland, US
Well which one did you end up buying ***128513;
Any pictures.
I signed for the 1880, not here yet. buying a 15k tractor is very hard. I could have gotten by with a regular old lawn mower and a snowblower, but i would have still spent 6k on the two and not gotten to do any of the larger projects. I hope I don't regret shelling out 250 a month for the next 60 months. I dont want to be that guy that turns around and sells it in a year bc I realize I dont need it.:eek:

StephenB

Equipment
Bx1880,MMM, loader.
May 24, 2017
Nova Scotia
I signed for the 1880, not here yet. buying a 15k tractor is very hard. I could have gotten by with a regular old lawn mower and a snowblower, but i would have still spent 6k on the two and not gotten to do any of the larger projects. I hope I don't regret shelling out 250 a month for the next 60 months. I dont want to be that guy that turns around and sells it in a year bc I realize I dont need it.:eek:
I honestly don't think you will be :D You won't be able to wipe the grin off your face for the first few years :D
I love my 1880 and have no regrets at all.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon

It's way more likely that in twelve months you will realize that you could never go back to a regular old lawnmower and a snowblower! :D

jkurtz

Oct 12, 2017
Baltimore, maryland, US
Cool. Makes me feel better. I also ordered a piranha tooth bar and straight bar. Tooth bar for tearing up some brush and saplings (instead of a brush hog) and the straight bar for helping the snow removal, grading dirt and protecting the bucket.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Congratulations--you're going to love it! It was a ton of money for me, too, and I also could (and did for many years) get by with a robust mower. But I love my little orange tractor and have no regrets about making those payments every month.

jhschlak

Equipment
BX 1880
Apr 5, 2011
Sharon Center, Ohio
Nice! You will love the 1880! It is such a great machine. Just be careful installing the FEL the first few times. The paws above the pins need to be completely down and engaged or it will come loose when you lift it. It happened to me early on but thankfully I was being super cautious and saw it loose and was able to get it down on the ground before it pivoted and landed on the hood!
About a month or so later Kubota sent out a little quick tip instruction sheet that owners are to attach to the FEL lever in order to refer to when attaching/detaching. So I'm thinking I wasn't the only one that had issues.
Jeff

Last edited:

esloser

Equipment
working on BX1870-1
Oct 30, 2015
Millville, NJ
I don't think you will be disappointed with the bx1880. I have had my bx1870-1 for over a year now. Granted, I am on a small suburban lot (1/2 acre). I run a 50" Landpride Tiller for my small garden, have tilled up along the perimeter of my yard to landscape, have used a 48" back blade to level the backyard after a pool was installed. And, I use the 48" deck to mow the yard.

I had a 42" john deere x310 that my oldest (15) is using to mow lawns in the neighborhood. I love it. I can get 15 yards of mulch delivered to the street in front of my house and have it spread within a few hours. It used to take 2 days with the john deere, trailer and hay forks.

The 80 series is pretty neat with the way the loader connects and I would've really appreciate the joy stick being next to the seat vs out next to the console.

csaturno

Jul 29, 2017
Hamburg
I bought a BX2380 with 54-inch deck and 50-inch blower ( $17,100 after-tax ) for a yard smaller than yours. Way overkill for me but I wanted to buy it once and last a lifetime. $285 month 0% and I have used it for 8 hours so far. Haven't used blower yet. I felt the same way as you did but then decided to go with the purchase. So far I love it. I had an old zero turn and an older walk behind snowblower. Could have replaced them for much much less but I figured I only live once. Ppl have said it puts a smile on your face when you use it and it really does. Hope I feel the same way in 10 years lol.

jkurtz

Oct 12, 2017
Baltimore, maryland, US
Is that a box blade I see on the back? what size
Yes, I got the [Edit: got the 54inch BB1254 model and it works great just used it today.] five years financing a $700 tool at 0% is pretty easy and it seems to be one of the more versatile rear implements. I think it is the 2nd form the smallest land pride model. I am hoping it helps me grade and smooth out some of my yard.

Last edited:

jkurtz

Oct 12, 2017
Baltimore, maryland, US
I bought a BX2380 with 54-inch deck and 50-inch blower ( $17,100 after-tax ) for a yard smaller than yours. Way overkill for me but I wanted to buy it once and last a lifetime. $285 month 0% and I have used it for 8 hours so far. Haven't used blower yet. I felt the same way as you did but then decided to go with the purchase. So far I love it. I had an old zero turn and an older walk behind snowblower. Could have replaced them for much much less but I figured I only live once. Ppl have said it puts a smile on your face when you use it and it really does. Hope I feel the same way in 10 years lol.
Yes, in 10 years we will be getting great use out of these machines and they will still be worth 7-8k. Only 50% depreciation over a decade feels pretty good (a lot better than a car that is nearly obsolete in that time.)

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Congrat's on the new rig! A few months from now, you'll wonder what you did without it! :)