B8200 hsd

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well I replaced the oil sending unit ( Thanx to Ideal Supply ). No more leaky leaky. The leak on the exhaust manifold may be over fueling. I think I have new exhaust gaskets. I put the rear fenders and steps and such on the tractor, and at least they look like fenders and steps and such. I will take some pics tomorrow.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well I took the exhaust off and installed new exhaust gaskets. My son came over and we checked the valve clearance. One was a little tight, the rest of them were right on the money. I was surprised at how much junk was built up in the exhaust manifold and head. My son (Ben) suggested valve seals. I can't believe that the rings are bad. This tractor starts at -25 with no block heater. Any way no more leaks cept one. I screwed up. When I pulled the screen on the hydro I left it open overnight. The next morning I went in and the banjo fitting had sagged about an inch. I just pushed it back into place and zipped her up. I should have cleaned behind the banjo fitting again. It is not leaking much but it is leaking. So as soon as I get the loader painted I will drain the hydro , pull the screen and clean things up properly. A couple of pics.:D Dusty

Attachments

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Excellent! Thanks for posting pictures and keeping us updated.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I've been told by many that I'm a fussy guy when it comes to my work and that may be correct but I will say that IF I could not do my own work on my tractor I'd have no problem letting DsBota or Dusty do it for me. Great work guys on both accounts. Great thread as well.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the compliment Wildfire. But I`ve seen your stuff and it`s way to nice for me to even touch it. My first bike was a 71 CT 70 and when I was 15 I stripped it down and painted it. Looked just like yours;)!

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Thanks for the compliment Wildfire. But I`ve seen your stuff and it`s way to nice for me to even touch it. My first bike was a 71 CT 70 and when I was 15 I stripped it down and painted it. Looked just like yours;)!
Your very welcome. I'll be the first to admit that I get way to much credit for the work I do :eek: That being said I do appreciate your kind words and I would still want you or Dusty to work on my stuff if I couldn't do it :D

The old CT's. Mam do they ever bring back memories. I've restored about nine or ten bikes for my collection and my favorite two are the "69 Z50 and the "72 CT70. They were the first two bikes I owned as a kid. The CT got a real life story behind it. It's one that is very close to my heart and I'm heading over to the Fabrication and Customizing section to post it.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Wow long day. Just came in the house 10 min ago. Tail lights are done jus need to be painted. Oh except for a hole to run wires in. Two days on these things. But I am happy with them. Wildfire thanks for the compliment. But I would be really :eek::eek: to do work for you. I would do it in a heartbeat but ya I would feel pretty foolish. SOME PICS:D Dusty. Bedtime

Attachments

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Dynamite thread. Great to see the progress thru all the pics.
I'm hoping to do a full restore (L1801) over the Winter but will cheat.
My Uncle is a body man, I can get dents pounded out and things painted for a fart and a song.
I can't sing but have lots of gas!

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Dusty, Good luck with your repairs, especially the loader lift cylinder rebuilds. The rebuilds are fairly easy as I just did one but you may want to watch the price of the rebuild kits. Kubota wanted $180 each for mine on a B7200 and a B1640 loader. That's big bucks if your doing all four cylinders. After market kits a very rare, at least in my neck of the woods. If you know where I can find some I'd be greatfull. Nice photos