B8200 hsd

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Very nice Ds. You did a good job. Mine will not look so nice. And I am a moron. I was sitting here thinking that I am not happy with the way the paint is turning out. I can't hold the nozzle down on spray cans with my fingers I have to hold the can in both hands and press the nozzle with my thumb. Cause one wrist is bent at a permanent 70 degree angle and the other one does not bend. BUT they have this handy gizmo that snaps right on to a spray can, it has a pistol grip and you just pull a lever to spray. So when I got the plasticoat paint it had a different spray top on it. I tried a nozzle out of another type of paint and it would not fit. So I have been doing the two hand thumb trick. It just crossed my mind that I bet the gizmo will work on the plasticoat can the way it is. MORON !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just typing (Mine will not look so nice) when this bit of moron logic popped into my head. Anyway the dog which is a boston terrier- Beagle cross. she is 6 mths old and I had taken her in to get neutered and get the cherry eye fixed. Cherry eye is when the third tear duct pops out of the bottom inside corner of the eye. Not very pleasant for the dog and can get infected and possibly blind her. Had everything done on monday, brought her home tuesday. Wed noticed a gray spot in one eye. Vet said bring her in. Just down the street is the vet. But the operation was performed 40 min away. The vet down there said bring her now. Turns out the sutures were rubbing the eyes. Took the sutures out last night and I picked her up this morning. Much better. Thats alotof typing. Thanks for the concern guys.:D Dusty

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Glad to here everything is OK with you dog Dusty:). The hood has like 12 coats on it. The first 8 with a roller because I was trying a method I saw on another forum. You take your Tremclad, add 10% to 20% mineral spirits and just roll it on with a high density foam roller. Wet sand after every 2nd coat and after the last sanding just buff it to a shine. I just couldn't get the shine I was looking for so I took that mixture and shot it on with a sprayer. I found this much easier then spray bombing the other pieces. Wish I had did them all this way. The mineral spirits seems to make the paint dry faster and harder. I'll use it on my loader and sub frame next year.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Did quite a bit today, sorry no pics, I will post some tommorow. The body and paint will not be what I would wish it to be, but it snowed a bit again today.I am running out of time. Dramatic huh.:D will post some pics.:p dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well Vic this is another of my projects that you can show as HOW NOT TO DO THIS. Got a nice shine on most of the parts but not all. I got 6 cans of the plasticoat T-31 and followed directions. I didnt get a very good shine on the hood. So for the rest I did it the way I would with any other paint. Got a good shine. So the shine is good the body work and all the dust isn't. Some pics--:D Dusty

Attachments

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I think it looks good Dusty. Don't forget what it looked like to begin with. Is that mesh stock on the side engine cover? Are you keeping the inner fenders black? If so that would make it easy to touch up any chips you may get. Two years ago I painted my hood with the paint from the dealer. I don't know where I went wrong but it was totally flat. Of all the pieces! I hated it. Spent $50 on stickers that I ripped off a month ago to repaint it. Thats why I spent so much time on it this time to get it to where I would be happy.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ya I remember what it looked like Ds. I guess I spent so many years around body shops and I know what it could look like. I should just be glad that it is getting some straightening out and some paint. Yes that that mesh is stock. My b7200 had it too. I am leaving the inner fenders black partially to save orange paint plus it hides some serious nasty welding pretty good. I have tried to use Kubota spray cans and have no luck with them. I got a litre of the blue for my B7200 and just brushed it on parts of the frame and axles . It worked really well. As a rule I don't use a spray gun, just too much hassle when I am not painting very often or very much. Thanks Ds.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
The tin work is done and painted except for the dash and making the grill. They will get done if I get time. The Kubota will look great from 50 ft. I will clean up a bit, then start on the mechanical. Rule of thumb, mechanical first body second. So much for that rule.:eek: Is there anything tricky with replacing the bearings and seal in the mid pto. My wsm doesn't seem to show anything. I am going to drain the trani and let it sit and drain while I pull the valve cover and check valve clearance. .008? There is also some oil leaking from the decompressor seal. There is a big bolt under the bell housing. I will remove this and see if any oil comes out, which I think would indicate a rear main leak. Last pics of the body. I took my little step that was hanging over the tractor step and put it underneath so I can put the cab on without taking the step off:D Dusty

Attachments

Last edited:

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Hey your shop is just like mine! Everything including the tin is orange. Must feel good having it almost done. If oil comes out of the bell housing then what has happened to the clutch?:eek: Could you take some pictures while adjusting your valves as I plan on tackling it some day.

Dion

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well the clutch is frozen to the pressure plate. It is on the to do list (as in when I get the time and money). I figure if there is oil getting on the clutch it is only a matter of time before it goes TINK! My shop is orange, my tools are orange, my shoes are orange.:) Its all good..... I will take pics when I do the valves but I am liable to screw it up. I will need all the help I can get.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Cleaned up a little bit. Tractor is in, hydro fluid is drained.Somewhere around 17 litres. New hydro filter. Pulled the screen and found a wee bit on the screen. It had dextron in it. I am thinking of changing it to udt. Any thoughts on whether I should do this or not. The dif lock rod was rubbing on the steel hydraulic line. It actually wore a groove in the line. Not nice. And my stool broke. Nasty.:D Some pics. Dusty

Attachments

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Your frame seems to be in good shape from the pictures you just showed. Has it been previously painted? When the fenders and floor boards are off it's the best time to change the tranny fluid. Makes things a lot easier.

Dion

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
The frame looks pretty good and I don't think it has been painted. The tin work had been painted before. Pulled the mid pto off , bearings were good , seal was pooched. Still have to fix that little leak where the transmission was punched in.It looks like it was patched with bondo and the leak is very small. I think I am going to try to cover it with fibre glass resin. I don't want to remove the bondo because for the most part it is doing the job. And I doubt if I can do as good. Some pics.

Attachments