B8200 hsd

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks for all the comments guys. I am afraid my projects seem to drag out. Ds, My son and I were just discussing the lights today. I have to change the signal stat.The tractor has turn signals but no hazards. Also discussed putting turn signals on the front. Talked about brake lights then realized I only use them to park the tractor. Any way I did some work on the grill today. The tail lights were made from 2x4x1/8 I beam. The grill is being made with 2x2 square tubing. Yup I hear that bird goin cheap cheap too. Couple pics:D Dusty

Attachments

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Looks good Dusty. Is turn signals stock because my wiring diagram doesn't show them? Is that tremclad real orange I see in the back ground in the third picture?

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ya that is tremclad. I find the tremclad covers really well. Then I give a final2 coats with the plasticote. At least that is the plan. I tried it out on a scrap piece and it worked well. The turn signals are stock. Thanks Vic, I do try, but I feel bad for taking so long. Most people could have built a tractor from scrap metal in the time it takes me to do a project like this. I appreciate everyones patience and encouragment.:D Dusty

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Dusty, Don't be-little yourself on "taking too much time". I am amazed at how quickly you've done all this repair, renewing, and repainting, let alone the fabbing. It takes me forever to do stuff like this. I first have to scratch my head then my ass and circle a few times before getting started. Good Job! and thanks for taking the time to take picture, posting them and giving us updates.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Dion, my grill will take a beating better. But I will have to add a couple more pounds of air to support the extra weight. Spudhauler that is a rechargeable trouble light.:D Dusty

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Dusty, I wondered the same thing and decided it was some kind of light. Looks handy. Where did you pick it up?

Just an observation in that I was looking the holes in your new grill and thought I would advise you to watch your temp gauge next summer just to make sure you're getting enough air flow across the radiator. If not, just drill the holes larger. Let us know - again - great job!

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Got the light from Napa. Ideal Supply in my part of the country.Some where around $40. The centre is removable 4 bolts. I may make one out of expanded metal for summer. The grill was not built to look original but does attach to the tractor with a single spring just like original. It is painted but did not turn out that well. No big deal to pull it off and redo. But it is not going to happen for a while. I still have fix my screw up with the hydro screen and banjo fitting. I should have done it as soon as I noticed it. But by that time I was into the body. Plus I have to install the cab, get the blower out and freshen it, and if time permits I want to box the front blade. Really running out of time. Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry no pics tonight. Pics tomorrow for sure.:D Dusty

fatbob

Oct 25, 2010
Virginia
Dusty, kudo's to you and your work. I think I read somewhere in this thread your clutch was stuck. My friends was stuck hard from not being used. We tied the clutch pedal down and went to work on filling in around my building. The second day as he was backing up POP and the tractor stopped moving. I thought something had broke until we remembered the clutch. It came loose and now works fine. Just a thought. Might be different on a Kubota.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Guys. The tractor is done. I replaced the O rings on the banjo fitting and that fixed the leak. The oil that came out still did not look that great, so I put new fluid in again. I got the headlights working but have not tackled the turn signals. Found the problem though, the back of the switch fell off. It will be an easy fix but I am not sure how expensive it will be. Thanks for all the comments, advice and encouraging comments.:D Dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Paul. I guess it turned out OK. Pictures lie! But it looks alot better than it did, and it got some much needed repairs. But I plan on keeping the tractor ( God and the money tree willing ). So the other repairs I can do as time and money allow.:D Dusty