Are you going to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
If you were in Arkansas you would be on the second round of vaccinations. Public works, utility, grocery store workers, ect..... basically those workers deemed essential during a shut down, and people deemed high risk.

I fall in this category, and will get on the list. So around mid month based on the projections.

I fall into the category too but I've done had covid. Twice. I think. First time in July the first test was negative second was positive so who knows. Then right before christmas 2 positives and ALL the symptoms, although they were mostly mild. Doing fine. Only thing, still can't smell stuff very well but it's slowly returning. I took a whiff of some old gas today just to check and about lost my cookies, so it's slowly coming back.

Reactions: 1 users

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
Here in MS they opened it up this week for 65 and older. The signup process here is swamped and so over loaded you cant make an appointment. Things are starting to ease up a little though.

The national guard is going to the various health departments and giving the vaccines to those that were able to make appointments. What they're seeing though is people making appointments and not showing to get the shot. This is how I got my first shot today. One of our SO deputies is in the guard unit that is assigned to this detail. He called the SO this afternoon around 4:35 and said there were 11 no shows and those doses were available on first come basis. Seven of us went and got the Moderna vaccine. Tomorrow I'll try to schedule my 2nd dose.

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
I got my first Pfizer shot from the med group on base yesterday. A bit sore is all. I have around 20 family members in healthcare, they all say the second shot made them nauseous, vomiting, headache and fever. Looking forward to it.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My wife has become eligible for the vaccine. She contacted her primary care physician to see if she should get it due to underlying medical conditions. The doctor said she cannot get the shot. So, at this point she will not be getting it.

The concern they have for her is the the Lyme disease causes her body to have a hyperinflammatory response and the doctor is concerned that it would cause her serious issues. She is currently coming down from a large does of steroids because of a massive histamine response to eating bone broth which got her to the point she couldn't make a fist and struggled to move.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
My wife and I scheduled our vaccinations a week ago and both of us got our shots yesterday. Moderna, so we get the booster in 28 days.

The Health Dept employees and the National Guard were working together and everything went very smoothly. We spent ~45 minutes there which included the required 15 minute wait after the vaccination.

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I will pass. The vaccine is too dangerous.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I will pass. The vaccine is too dangerous.

If they are already terminally ill with a few months to live, why would they bother getting the vaccination?????

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
If they are already terminally ill with a few months to live, why would they bother getting the vaccination?????
I don't think they are given a choice. Just like in Norway, they were giving mandatory vaccinations until 23 people died after getting it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I don't think they are given a choice. Just like in Norway, they were giving mandatory vaccinations until 23 people died after getting it.

Wife brought up a really good point about the Pfizer vaccine. The vaccine is very finicky do the handling and storage requirements. Some of those adverse reactions could be do to improper handling. I/e, stored at wrong temperature, got warm during transit then cooled again, person let it sit out past it's usable time, person let it warm up to long before administering, person didn't let it warm up enough before administering, ect.... ect.....

If they had offered the Pfizer vaccine instead of the Moderna vaccine at her work, she would have flat out refused it and gone looking for a different job. There was no way her facility could have stored or handled the Pfizer vaccine properly.

She received the Moderna vaccine a couple weeks ago. The only issue she had was it felt like she had gotten punched really hard in the shoulder for a couple days afterwards.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Wife brought up a really good point about the Pfizer vaccine. The vaccine is very finicky do the handling and storage requirements. Some of those adverse reactions could be do to improper handling. I/e, stored at wrong temperature, got warm during transit then cooled again, person let it sit out past it's usable time, person let it warm up to long before administering, person didn't let it warm up enough before administering, ect.... ect.....

If they had offered the Pfizer vaccine instead of the Moderna vaccine at her work, she would have flat out refused it and gone looking for a different job. There was no way her facility could have stored or handled the Pfizer vaccine properly.

She received the Moderna vaccine a couple weeks ago. The only issue she had was it felt like she had gotten punched really hard in the shoulder for a couple days afterwards.
when I was in the Army I often had to travel to third world countries and before we deployed on a mission we were often given a two vial dose of gamma globulin vaccine. Whenever I was given that injection, I always felt like I was kicked by a mule for a couple days afterward.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I just came across this blog and it got me to wondering if the vaccines cause the same adverse brain effects mentioned in this study done at The University of Washington.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
As a teacher, my wife is currently eligible as "Group 1b" in New York's plan.

Doubt New York State's distribution for rural areas will get her vaccinated before March.

Although an "essential" employee, I'm down in the pecking order and thinking the virus will get me first.

I've had a few close calls at work, but not close enough for me to be quarantined....yet. I can't work from home. I've worked everyday since July 2019.

Say what you want, but I know 10+ folks that have died from COVID. Some old, some young.

I prefer to not add myself to the statistics.......

Last edited:

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
We've been declared essential. I work from home most of the time though so I'd prefer to go towards the end of the line. I was in on Thursday and my boss said that he we were getting priority.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I just stumbled on this thread and read the whole thing, for the most part.

Couple thoughts:

I encourage everyone including armylifer not to get the vaccination, especially if you live in western PA! Better chance for me and the wife to get it sooner!

Citing something that happens to a few people (adverse affects) really is no basis to make any claim or decision. We are talking millions of cases/people involved, to say the least. Thinking that bad things that happen to a few represents reality for most is pretty much nonsense.

I see smokers are going to jump to the front of the line in some states. About to take my first puff...no definition of what a smoker is from what I can see...LOL

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I just stumbled on this thread and read the whole thing, for the most part.

Couple thoughts:

I encourage everyone including armylifer not to get the vaccination, especially if you live in western PA! Better chance for me and the wife to get it sooner!

Citing something that happens to a few people (adverse affects) really is no basis to make any claim or decision. We are talking millions of cases/people involved, to say the least. Thinking that bad things that happen to a few represents reality for most is pretty much nonsense.

I see smokers are going to jump to the front of the line in some states. About to take my first puff...no definition of what a smoker is from what I can see...LOL
You don't have to smoke at all. Just have to say you do. 😂🤣😂🤣 Unless they ask for doctor confirmation. If your just signing up and filling at a form, then yes I'm on an immuno suppressant, yes I smoke.......

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
As a teacher, my wife is currently eligible as "Group 1b" in New York's plan.

Doubt New York State's distribution for rural areas will get her vaccinated before March.

Although an "essential" employee, I'm down in the pecking order and thinking the virus will get me first.

I've had a few close calls at work, but not close enough for me to be quarantined....yet. I can't work from home. I've worked everyday since July 2019.

Say what you want, but I know 10+ folks that have died from COVID. Some old, some young.

I prefer to not add myself to the statistics.......
You knew those 10 people that died from covid personally? You are either the luckiest person in the world or the most cursed. If you did know those people personally, in my world you would be a vector.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I would say the same thing about covid. I had the actual covid, so I am not sure about the vaccine. The actual disease has a 99.98 % survival rate. Those crushed by the economy - not so much.

".....Citing something that happens to a few people (adverse affects) really is no basis to make any claim or decision......"

And yet we are.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Before this damned covid scare got started I would never have thought that people could be so easily misled and scared witless by a common flu. The so called test does not even test for the actual disease. The test only discovers if there is a pretense of a mutated DNA, not the actual virus. Thus, a "case" is declared. WOW, how contagious is that? NOT AT ALL!

I have read about all kinds of silliness that people are exhibiting because they have been convinced that this virus is the worst killer of all time. THAT IS PURE BS. It is less deadly than any other common flu. Grow up people, get a life and live it. This covid virus is less likely to kill you than the common cold.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Armylifer.... Please take a break from this thread, period.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I'm certainly no anti-vaxxer, but I'm a bit leery of one developed so quickly using technologies that haven't been field tested previously. I'm in a "wait and see" mode at the moment.

But from what I've read so far (and I try to keep up on it), I would definitely go with the Moderna over the Pfizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.