Status
Not open for further replies.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I understand. If you ask me to do something or explain what you’d like I feel one way. If you just order me to do something I get my back up. Guess I wouldn’t have done well in the army.

Re: the PPE, they do not yet know if vaccinated people can carry enough virus in their noses or throats to infect someone else. So they are still trying to protect the residents. The vaccine trials compared two groups of people, vaccinated and ones that got a placebo, for severe side effects and cases of moderate to severe (or at least detectable) Covid, and the trials for that were successful at protecting the vaccinated volunteer. However, as far as I know the trials did not include routine nasal swabbing to check for asymptomatic infections or infections that were only limited to the nose and throat.

The way I understand it is the vaccine is injected into the muscle and carried throughout the body to various sites where antibodies and immune cells are made. The nasal epithelium forms a barrier between inside and outside, and its cells may be accessible to some immune cells and antibodies, but perhaps less so than cells under the epithelium or the lungs . But the nasal epithelial cells can host viral particles and allow them to reproduce and be shed. So the degree and how fast reproduction is shut down in the cells of the nasal and throat epithelia by the vaccinated immune system is not yet known.

I will take the vaccination given the information I have. Nothing is certain in medicine, but my chances with the vaccine are better than without.
I plan on taking it when it becomes available. At my wifes facility they vaccinated the residents at the same time as the employees. And covid testing will still progress at the same rate.

Although if the county reaches 10% infected, then they have to go to twice a week testing. Which if your the person doing the testing on dementia patients, and getting your butt kicked at the same time, that gets extremely frustrating.

Wife is hoping that the second test will be done on Saturday since she's the one doing the testing. This way someone else gets their butt kicked as well. She would probably quit if she's stuck doing the testing twice a week.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I will get it ASAP.

Never got flu vaccine until my young daughters (now 28), gave ole Dad something.

I deal with people in (relatively) close proximity 8-9 hours everyday at work....

I’m not 20-something anymore....

I don’t want to find out about a comorbitity I’m not aware of.....

I’ve never had an adverse reaction to prior vaccinations, including Rabies...

I’m concerned COVID will get me before the vaccine is available...

Several of my acquaintances of mine aren’t available to make this decision.....

My thought process.....
If you were in Arkansas you would be on the second round of vaccinations. Public works, utility, grocery store workers, ect..... basically those workers deemed essential during a shut down, and people deemed high risk.

I fall in this category, and will get on the list. So around mid month based on the projections.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I'll probably get it at some point. I'm not going to be pole vaulting over the elderly to get it or anything so I expect it will be a good 6 months or so. Looks to me like both companies have 6 month data on a small group of people and 2 month data on large groups. PM
Seems like we don't have the efficacy data that we would normally have on an approved pharmaceutical. Safety either for that matter. Both need boosters in 3to to 4 weeks . It isn't clear to me whether it's known what the booster requirements are going to be beyond that but I suppose we'll know more by the time I get it.
Our management at work says that they have no plans to be require vaccinations but I wouldn't be surprised if they did once the vaccine is readily available.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
The magic 8 ball says - highly unlikely

Reactions: 1 users

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
The magic 8 ball says - highly unlikely

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
The fact check did not pass the sniff test.
How about one of these? I couldn't find any scientific reference to a sniff test, but I'm always willing to learn new things.

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
How about one of these? I couldn't find any scientific reference to a sniff test, but I'm always willing to learn new things.
None of them pass the sniff test because they are all MSM. MSM has an agenda to deceive the public, therefore, none of them can be trusted. They are all playing from the same sheet of music. The pied piper goes on...

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
None of them pass the sniff test because they are all MSM. MSM has an agenda to deceive the public, therefore, none of them can be trusted. They are all playing from the same sheet of music. The pied piper goes on...
I'll believe them over one article that spends 99% of the type in the story stating various methods "the government" will use to discredit their literally 2 sentence long "news report".

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Look I Googled Chattanooga Nurse Dies from Vaccine and went through 10 pages of results. Literally every single one said the claim was false. Even one from Saudi Arabia and South Africa, neither of whom care about a nurse on the other side of the world.

In an industry that is all about being the first to reveal a new juicy tidbit no news agency would pass up the opportunity to say someone died from the vaccine if it were true. Not because they want to pass on the truth but because they get paid by the click. The more clicks (which a death surrounding a COVID Vaccine would certainly bring) the more money they make. Also reporting something so grossly false and being caught in the lie would tank a lot of people's careers. The nurse has made a statement after she recovered from fainting.

I'm all for hearing other sources but after 10 pages of google results and no corroborating evidence. Fox News (a conservative leaning site) is aligned with the other articles posted above and says she is alive: https://www.foxnews.com/health/tennessee-nurse-passes-out-after-getting-covid-19-vaccine

Not to mention if she died her family, friends, and coworkers would be making an uproar about it.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
No she just passed out and needed to be admitted to the hospital for taking the vaccine.

I had the ACTUAL covid and didn't pass out or need to be admitted anywhere - just sayin'.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
No she just passed out and needed to be admitted to the hospital for taking the vaccine.

I had the ACTUAL covid and didn't pass out or need to be admitted anywhere - just sayin'.
Just sayin' it wasn't caused by anything in the vaccine but a condition (overactive vagal response) that she has had her whole life. Which means that she can faint from pin pricks or even stubbing her toe.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Just sayin' it wasn't caused by anything in the vaccine but a condition (overactive vagal response) that she has had her whole life. Which means that she can faint from pin pricks or even stubbing her toe.
That does not pass the sniff test either. The purpose of having her take the shot on live TV was to instill confidence in the public. It does not make a lick of sense to choose someone that has a condition that causes her to pass out from the slightest prick, to represent to the public that the shot is safe. C'mon man, does that make any sense at all?

Second, I doubt that this woman had the condition that they purport her to have. She cannot possibly be trusted around patients with that condition. How many times in a day does she stub her toe or bump into things while handling patients? I doubt that they would allow her to be around any patients if she had a propensity to faint every time she felt a little pain. Nope, does not pass the sniff test at all.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
That does not pass the sniff test either. The purpose of having her take the shot on live TV was to instill confidence in the public. It does not make a lick of sense to choose someone that has a condition that causes her to pass out from the slightest prick, to represent to the public that the shot is safe. C'mon man, does that make any sense at all?

Second, I doubt that this woman had the condition that they purport her to have. She cannot possibly be trusted around patients with that condition. How many times in a day does she stub her toe or bump into things while handling patients? I doubt that they would allow her to be around any patients if she had a propensity to faint every time she felt a little pain. Nope, does not pass the sniff test at all.
I have not once in my memory stubbed my toe while wearing shoes and walking around. Also the difference between bumping into a cabinet and kicking a coffee table with your toe is rather stark. If you don't believe me try running into a wall or a cabinet and then try, at walking pace, kicking your pinky toe against a table leg. The toe sure hurts a lot more.

Also, how is this for a sniff test. Hundreds of sources that say the nurse is alive and well but has a preexisting condition that caused her to pass out (even if she lied to save face and is actually just terrified of public speaking but is attractive enough that she'd do well on camera and risk the passing out), or one source that says she died. All of those articles are seen by probably at least 10 people before publication. That is a lot of people across a lot of different corporations to execute a cover up of a dead nurse and lethal vaccine while keeping family, friends, and coworkers of said nurse quiet.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I have not once in my memory stubbed my toe while wearing shoes and walking around. Also the difference between bumping into a cabinet and kicking a coffee table with your toe is rather stark. If you don't believe me try running into a wall or a cabinet and then try, at walking pace, kicking your pinky toe against a table leg. The toe sure hurts a lot more.

Also, how is this for a sniff test. Hundreds of sources that say the nurse is alive and well but has a preexisting condition that caused her to pass out (even if she lied to save face and is actually just terrified of public speaking but is attractive enough that she'd do well on camera and risk the passing out), or one source that says she died. All of those articles are seen by probably at least 10 people before publication. That is a lot of people across a lot of different corporations to execute a cover up of a dead nurse and lethal vaccine while keeping family, friends, and coworkers of said nurse quiet.
I am not drinking Kool-Aide. You can believe what you want and I will believe what I want. I do not trust ANY of the MSM. They all get their news from one or two sources and just regurgitate what the news feed says.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
So she would have passed out and been admitted to the hospital without taking it?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Personally, I would like a little more time for the decision makers to change their minds/story a few more times.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty - They have changed the story all along the way. The WHO, the CDC, gov's, DR's - THE WHOLE LOT.

Why do they keep changing the story? Some of it is based on research/study/results, some of it is based on politics, some of it is based on "optics".

Regardless of the reason, there is a lot more that they don't know than what they do.

What happens next week when they say expectant mothers should not take it for reason "x", or kids born to the mothers have issues a few years down the road for reason "Y". Not that that will happen, but the way they have changed the story all along the way, I would expect there to be other "changes".

Is is good or bad that we have millions of people willing to do it based on what they have and haven't been told. I sure don't think it is bad of a person to refuse the test based on what we know so far (that they keep changing the story all the time).

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Healthcare workers refusing the vaccine:

While reports of less-than-ideal vaccine participation rates have popped up around the country, the Times piece focuses on several regions in the state of California, including one—Riverside County—where an estimated 50 percent of frontline workers have refused to get vaccinated.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So she would have passed out and been admitted to the hospital without taking it?
I went to school with a guy that would pass out at the site of blood. If we had so much as a nick in shop class we would have to run and show him 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

At least we were nice enough to send someone behind him as a catcher 😁😁😁😁

Status
Not open for further replies.