2nd round?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
is this what happened to my request to find me some primers? I think that got cut from the thread for some reason?

Was it in this thread? If so, I don't really understand how primers are political?

I did see that there was a snarky reply from one forum member to my primer request...but, I bit my lip and didn't respond to it.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
My Girlfriend is driving home from Sams Club now as I type. No TP or Paper towels or paper plates that we buy there.
As far as Primers. I'm not a reloader DirtyDeed but I do have the 403 primers for a muzzler loader I could spare some of thoses if thats what you need.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Just saw on the news that stores are limiting purchases on certain items and running out of stock again.

Glad I kept the freezer topped up. 😁😁😁

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I was in Cabelas yesterday & they had a pretty good selection of primers. No ammo, no gun oils, very few firearms.
Was in Big 5 also, little ammo, few firearms, no gun oil.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I was in Cabelas yesterday & they had a pretty good selection of primers. No ammo, no gun oils, very few firearms.
Was in Big 5 also, little ammo, few firearms, no gun oil.
Fire arm selection has dwindled down to a very small and limited selection at the sporting good stores in town.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
My Girlfriend is driving home from Sams Club now as I type. No TP or Paper towels or paper plates that we buy there.
As far as Primers. I'm not a reloader DirtyDeed but I do have the 403 primers for a muzzler loader I could spare some of thoses if thats what you need.

Thanks for the offer but I'm seeking small and large pistol primers.

Regarding Sam's Club- my wife just completed a "meat run" last night and did pretty well (we grocery shop once/3 months or so). She also had two bags of rice (she loves rice) and was told that she could only purchase one bag. There was a woman there that bought out the remaining TP. She had one of those long pushcarts (the big ones) stacked with TP and was allowed to purchase all of it. She left nothing for anyone else.

It truly takes all kinds.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
My theory is that Sam's bought too much cheap TP, Poms, and is trying to get rid of it. That is all they had when we went the other day so we did not buy any, tempted but we had a good supply of Charmin. Got home and read a review and Poms was not very well liked, dodged that bullet because it was in huge cases, lol.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My theory is that Sam's bought too much cheap TP, Poms, and is trying to get rid of it. That is all they had when we went the other day so we did not buy any, tempted but we had a good supply of Charmin. Got home and read a review and Poms was not very well liked, dodged that bullet because it was in huge cases, lol.
Poms is what is referred to as John Wayne tp back in the day. Currently referred to as Chuck Norris tp.

It doesn't take crap from anyone 😁😁😁😁😁

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Was in Costco today, no paper towels, & no tp, except for the bamboo stuff.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
I just got back from the weekly run. There are gaps on the shelves but plenty of TP paper plates etc.. Looks like folks are making another run but not as bad as the first one.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sams clubs was cleaned out tonight. Even the poms brand.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Sams clubs was cleaned out tonight. Even the poms brand.
I think I'll be wrapping up some rolls and be giving them as Christmas presents.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Stocking stuffers 👍👍👍👍👍
It's unbelievable to me that this is actually a "thing" to remember of what 2020 brought us. People have really gone off the rails.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We've lived on the edge of Poo hitting the fan up here for a while, so I stocked everything to the max!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We've lived on the edge of Poo hitting the fan up here for a while, so I stocked everything to the max!
I've been topping up after we stocked up in March. I made the mistake of going into Sam's club starving tonight. 😳😳😳 We're Stocked up for the year on pasta, spaghetti sauce, beans, and boxed goods. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

I did have the forethought to avoid the meat section though. Freezer is pretty full as it is. Work gave us a voucher for Omaha steaks website in lieu of a holiday party this year. My choice should be here Saturday.

We had 4 options.

1: Steaks, chops, chicken, burgers and dogs. With potatoes au gratin and caramel apple tarts.

2: Steak, shrimp, and stuffed sole.

3: lobster tails, two types of salmon, potatoes au gratin, and caramel apple tarts.

4: Vegatarian. 16 veggie burgers, squash and nut succotash, green beans, and caramel apple tarts.

I chose option 1. I'm not a fan of frozen fish or seafood. And it will be enough meat for 12 meals for my wife and I.

Whomever chooses the vegatarian option is getting screwed. The veggie burgers resembled pressed baby poop. 🤢🤢🤢

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Haven't been to the store in a couple months. A friend brings me things when she goes, I don't like to ask her to get more than a few things. Avocados, bananas, fresh milk, eggs. Spent the summer freezing stuff from my garden. Hoping the person that I buy quarters of beef from is able to take those steers in November as he promised. Last week my thought was not to go buy tp by the case, but maybe some chickens for eggs, but I'd have to build a coop like Fort Knox. Lot of foxes live in back pasture. And the chickens would have to eat something, which I haven't stockpiled. Not to mention I know nothing about raising chickens, so hoping someone around here has eggs. Seems likely.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you don't have wood and wire laying around for a containment area/coop, you're much better off paying the going price for eggs. Material prices have gone up dramaticly in the last couple of months. I can find eggs for sale on FB, or ask any neighbor. They either have chickens or know someone who does. Eggs prices range from $2-$3 a dozen here.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Material prices have gone up dramaticly in the last couple of months.
You ain't kidding. I've been picked on for having a barn full of old lumber, wood scraps, wire, steel and whatnot. Much I have picked up from curbsides, So much better being able to scrounge around and find what I need to make something rather than going to Lowe's or Home Depot to spend $50 to $75.

We're moving into some "different" times.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Finding dried beans around here is like hens teeth even peas. I mean how the duce can I make bean soup with out beans?